Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Runaway Tortoise Recaptured!

Eldorado

'Police in Alhambra in greater Los Angeles have recaptured a giant tortoise called Clark after a brief chase along the city's streets.

"The tortoise did try to make a run for it, but our officers are pretty fast," said the Alhambra Police Department'

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28635902

Better luck next time, Clark.

• Like 4

"Our officers are pretty fast"? Is the Alhambra police Dept. aware of the fact that a tortoise is pretty slow?

• Like 2

"Our officers are pretty fast"? Is the Alhambra police Dept. aware of the fact that a tortoise is pretty slow?

It's the doughnuts.

And the fact that, if the tortoise was more than 100 metres away, the officers would have to go back for their car keys - if they could remember where they left them.

• Like 3

I guess the poor guy was caught because he had to carry his house around with him.

• Like 1

Don't we all dream of running somewhere? And not getting caught?

Well, i guess so. At least that little fella had a shot to make this dream come true! :yes:
  • Like 1

I wonder if the policemen asked the tortoise how fast it was going when it was pulled over?

• Like 3

I wonder if the policemen asked the tortoise how fast it was going when it was pulled over?

the turtoise was obviously going too fast, but the officers were faster and managed to handle this truly tough case!
  • Like 1

Geebus crackers! Only in LA. Good thing the flat foots in blue have cheetah like speed. Keep trying Clark and you'll get free, perseverance pays off eventually!

• Like 1