Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drowning Bird saved by Bear

Q-C

Look like he actually was going to kill it, but the bird got his nose and he walked away. however still awesome :)

Look like he actually was going to kill it, but the bird got his nose and he walked away. however still awesome :)

I wondered that too, but I'm not so sure.

Bears fight other bears over food and are not deterred. They get stung by bees and are not deterred. The bear could have ended any more pecks in a second if it had wanted to.

But would a bear raised in captivity and fed well by humans be more easily deterred and not hungry enough to care? Idk. Maybe.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I wondered that too, but I'm not so sure.

Bears fight other bears over food and are not deterred. They get stung by bees and are not deterred. The bear could have ended any more pecks in a second if it had wanted to.

But would a bear raised in captivity and fed well by humans be more easily deterred and not hungry enough to care? Idk. Maybe.

I was about to say that, this is not a wild bear and thus, I think wouldnt come in contact with pain as much as a wild bear - I could be wrong, but thats my assumption.

Wild animals can show--what for all appearances--seems like compassion. I watched an wild elephant nudge a tortoise gently aside with a hind leg so it it didn't step on it on a nature show, once.

....for later when the bear needs a snack

It'll go greate with his squirrels kabob.