Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AG Holder: I am 'Proud' to be an 'Activist'

F3SS

From http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/04/united-states-attorney-general-i-am-proud-to-be-an-activist/

Addressing his critics who allege that he is using his power as attorney general to act as an "activist" for racial or left-leaning causes, Holder eagerly embraced the term.

"If you want to call me an activist attorney general, I will proudly accept that label," he added. "Any attorney general who is not an activist is not doing his or her job. The responsibility of the attorney general is to change things [and] bring us closer to the ideals expressed in our founding documents."

To those who allege his Department of Justice houses an "activist civil rights division," Holder replied, "I'd say I agree with you 1000 percent and proud of it."

I feel that impartiality should be a keystone of the DOJ. Is it possible to be an activist and be impartial? I would think not.

• Like 5

Not possible...an Activist chooses his/her position on an issue. Excepting politicians, most ppl will choose one side or the other of a given issue, and stay w/ it.

IMO, Holder should be sharing a jail cell w/ his predecessor A. Gonzales. :yes:

Edited by scorpiosonic
  • Like 4

He feels the AG's responsibility is to enact change. If he meant based on an impartial view of the law then I'd agree. He doesn't though. He means social change, agenda driven and based on political activism.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

But they base their responsibilities on their own interpretation of the law, not the actual INTENT of the Law.

Of course, Congress intentionally writes the laws to be open to interpretation, (by their lawyers).

But they base their responsibilities on their own interpretation of the law, not the actual INTENT of the Law.

Of course, Congress intentionally writes the laws to be open to interpretation, (by their lawyers).

And therein lies the problem... The law should not be open to "interpretation"... It should be clear-cut, easily understandable, and based on the needs of the people, not attorneys... Laws should not

be written by lawyers...

• Like 3

I feel that impartiality should be a keystone of the DOJ. Is it possible to be an activist and be impartial? I would think not.

Well, if one happens to be an activist for the US Constitution and the rule of constitutional governance, that is a good thing.

Holder is an activist for the opposite of that. Beginning with his role in the Clinton pardon of Mark Rich, Holder is an activist for corruption and special interests. He is a traitor to the Constitution and should be impeached and prosecuted.

• Like 4

And therein lies the problem... The law should not be open to "interpretation"... It should be clear-cut, easily understandable, and based on the needs of the people, not attorneys... Laws should not

be written by lawyers...

I once heard that it is harder to write a good law than it is to write a good play, and there aren't 100 people on earth that can write a good play.

• Like 1

Pretty sad and telling of the mentality of the entire administration.

His job is to enforce the law "as interpreted by the Supreme Court"...not to be a fan boy or an activist.

This statement should be enough, in my minds eye, to have him removed and replaced. Never mind the other things he has done....

• Like 4

This statement should be enough, in my minds eye, to have him removed and replaced.

That's what I was thinking. He's not saying anything we didn't know already but the admission carries a lot of weight.

be written by lawyers...

So then everyone who goes 2 miles over the speed limit should get a speeding ticket? Laws & regulations are purposely written to be open to interpretation to make the system flexible. I see that as a good thing.

• Like 1

Laws are sometimes formulated to create a more level playing field, sometimes they are created to punish those who diverge from the mainstream. Do you think those laws against marriages between people of different races should have been enforced? Or the segregation laws? Or the laws against homosexuals having intimate relationships? Would you enforce all laws to the letters, or just some?

So then everyone who goes 2 miles over the speed limit should get a speeding ticket? Laws & regulations are purposely written to be open to interpretation to make the system flexible. I see that as a good thing.

So how do you feel about the op? The DOJ is an agency that should act impartial and unbiased yet is headed by an admitted activist.

• Like 1

Holder is the first AG to be held in Contempt by an overwhelming margin of Congress in the history of the country.

His DOJ is one of the most corrupt incarnations to date.

He's nothing more than a race-baiter and anti-Conservative.

This is shown by his treatment of Conservatives as "domestic terrorists".

• Like 3

Good call on the 'race baiter'...I remember his comments re the Am ppl being 'afraid' to discuss racism.

I guess now you are a domestic terrorist if you do agree w/ and support Obama and Co.

Edited by scorpiosonic