Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fuzzy golden bat species discovered

FollowTheTrail

''A newly identified fuzzy, golden bat species was discovered in Bolivia, scientists reported, joining the ranks as a cuter version of these typically spooky creatures.

Myotis midastactus had been seen before in the Amazon, but was misclassified as a member of a similar species found in South America called Myotis simus. Dr. Ricardo Moratelli from the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil confirmed this discovery after examining the unusual species from the bat collection in the American Museum of Natural History in New York.

"This new species have been misidentified as Myotis simus since 1965," Moratelli told Discovery News. "When I put Amazon and Bolivian specimens side-by-side I realized they were two different species."

More;

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/8402/20140805/fuzzy-golden-bat-species-discovered-in-bolivia.htm

Don't know if everyone would agree with the statement, that this species is cuter, though! :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, he's adorable- so yellow, (but then again, I'm one of those freaks who love mice & bats, lol). Neat article, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Yes, he's adorable- so yellow, (but then again, I'm one of those freaks who love mice & bats, lol). Neat article, thanks for sharing.

You're the first person, i know, who likes mice and bats! You're welcome! :)
  • Like 1

I used to raise & breed mice as a teenager. I also had an extremely large albino rat I would walk around town with on my shoulders (they would let me bring him to the town pool, he was that cool as pet rat).

I think batman's career would've gone much differently if those were the bats he encountered in the cave