Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama has added more debt than all other

Socio

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/164687-obamas-debt-past-three-prezes-combined/

Guess What Obama Has Racked Up More of Than All the Presidents From Washington to Clinton Combined

Remember when President Barack Obama boasted of lowering the debt by half? Or when, in 2008, Obama accused President George W. Bush of being “unpatriotic” for taking out a “credit card in the name of Bank of China.”

Well, it appears that Obama has reached his self-defined “unpatriotic” zone himself. According to CNS News, the new debt increase from the Obama administration is more than all of the presidents from George Washington to Bill Clinton COMBINED:

Even scarier he is no where near done spending yet.

• Like 2

Why would they leave George Bush's spending out?

The title is misleading.

Edited by supervike

Why would they leave George Bush's spending out?

The title is misleading.

They did not, they just racked up part of it to Obama (the biggest part of Dubya's last 4 years).

• Like 1

They did not, they just racked up part of it to Obama (the biggest part of Dubya's last 4 years).

It's hard to believe a right wing site would intentionally mislead it's readers.

It's almost as if they are trying to make them not like Obama....

Edited by supervike
  • Like 1

Not a fair statement...

I don't agree with this POTUS on many things, but that statement is BS.

Historically, it was generally considered madness to enter into an unfunded war...but that is what Dubya did....twice.

Yeah sure, Obama has dropped several terds in the punch bowl...but the debt is not solely his...

• Like 2

Not a fair statement...

I don't agree with this POTUS on many things, but that statement is BS.

Historically, it was generally considered madness to enter into an unfunded war...but that is what Dubya did....twice.

Yeah sure, Obama has dropped several terds in the punch bowl...but the debt is not solely his...

What gets my gout about this is that it keeps coming back persistently... as if the so-called right keeps on running out of ideas. Then it gets laughed out of town and 12 months later they are back with the same yaddah. They probably believe their own legend that we collectively have a very short attention span.

• Like 1

Let me guess, Republicans. If Obama showed "strong leadership" and escalated the wars like you wanted him to, that wouldn't have increased spending. The magic zeroes and "supplementals" of the American Conservative.

• Like 2

Both parties are to blame for the debt. Both spend our money like there is no tomorrow. Pointing the finger at each other is laughable. Anyone defending either main party is either confused or mislead by party propaganda. Meanwhile our elected officials are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 6

How much more government spending per capita does the contemporary Democrat or Republican American need? It's already off the chart and people still keep whining for more. Just how entitled are these partisans and bipartisans anyway?

• Like 1

politics for hire Gentlemen ,this is how greed works ...and if not careful the hammer of politics swings on us all

http://www.ijreview....rezes-combined/

[/color]

Even scarier he is no where near done spending yet.

There's a debt chart per presidential terms at www.presidentialdebt.org that tells a different story. Go out & google, there's tons of stuff there. The trick is finding a source that doesn't have a dog in the hunt, that simply presents the statistics.

Let me guess, Republicans. If Obama showed "strong leadership" and escalated the wars like you wanted him to, that wouldn't have increased spending. The magic zeroes and "supplementals" of the American Conservative.

Hey, I could use some of those magic zeroes for my own personal finances. Where can I get some?

It's hard to believe a right wing site would intentionally mislead it's readers.

It's almost as if they are trying to make them not like Obama....

No, I don't think they're trying to make people not like Obama, I think they're trying to attract Obama detractors by supplying a justification, how ever weak it might be. Sadly, many of those people will look no further, accept it at face value, reach false conclusions, and then pass it on to their friends as if it were the absolute truth.

Anyone have an idea what the parties will use to lure voters when they no longer have a blank checkbook because the world finally says - NO?

Anyone have an idea what the parties will use to lure voters when they no longer have a blank checkbook because the world finally says - NO?

Um, dark chocolate covered peanut M&Ms?

Um, dark chocolate covered peanut M&Ms?

Wouldn't you choose regular M&Ms? Less chance for liberal lawsuits that way.

Republicans are nuts anyway. And you are what you eat.

Bill Clinton had a balanced budget when he left office..

More or less.... and the a "responsible" Dubya came along....

Obama is no Bill Clinton. Clinton got the spending/taxation/debt increase under control. Obama declaired the Recession over in 2009, yet continued spending (like a Keynesian at the start of a recession) ever since.

I'd have Bill Clinton, or even George Bush II back INSTANTLY if we could erase the overspending of the last 6 years.

More or less.... and the a "responsible" Dubya came along....

There is irresponsible and then there is careless. Dubya had basically one year, 2009, that he was responsible for that was crazy. Obama just decided to keep being crazy and has been so ever since.

I'd have Bill Clinton, or even George Bush II back INSTANTLY if we could erase the overspending of the last 6 years.

Sure, if Republicans could agree to cut military spending by 50 percent. But they didnt.

Sure, if Republicans could agree to cut military spending by 50 percent. But they didnt.

And they never will...

They hide their true intentions behind waving flags and threats of boogeymen lurking in every shadow.

How many of them are stockholders in General Dynamics or Rand Corporation? How about stockholders in companies that supply those companies? How many have friends or relatives working for the MIC?

So many of the sheep are being fleeced and they are too dumbed down and distracted to figure it out. Yes, we need "national defense"...but I think we could tone it down quite dramatically and still be way ahead of the rest of the world...it has nothing to do with national safety and security and everything to do with profits and crony capitalism...

Sorry...I know it's painful to hear but...they don't really care about borders and security as long as they and their families are behind fortress walls with the best armed personal security on the planet...

And Mr Obama asked for those cuts?

If I recall Mr Obama sent MORE people to Afghanistan and then ran at 100% manpower till Iraq wound down as Bush planned. He didn't actually try to reduce military spending at all.

Or, do you mean the Republicans in the House should have reduced military spending spontaneously on their own?

• Like 1

Wouldn't you choose regular M&Ms? Less chance for liberal lawsuits that way.

Republicans are nuts anyway. And you are what you eat.

This made me (pun) snicker.