Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Panda stressed out by square dancing grannies

Still Waters

This panda living at a China's Hongshan Zoo has been diagnosed as suffering from stress after the area outside his cage was taken over by a group of square dancing grannies.

OAPs wanting to keep fit and taking up square dancing in any public space have become a mass phenomena in China, with many conflicts between the dancers and local residents who complain that sometimes the practice sessions go on into the early hours of the morning.

http://austriantimes...ress_Out_Panda_

• Like 1

Is that American square dancing or is there a Chinese dance with the same name?...

I have to admit seeing a bunch of geriatric Chinese women doing an American square dance might stress me out too... just trying to figure out why.....

EDIT: Never mind... I "googled it"... different dance... Just the mental image of elderly chinese ladies clapping their hands and stomping their feet while they

do-si-doe'd to "Turkey in the Straw", and had a "caller" almost had me in stitches...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

They should have the right to control the environment within the vicinity of live animals. These grannies mean well, surely they can be reasoned into taking their activities elsewhere. I doubt they would like knowing they were causing distress.

I feel bad for the poor panda, maybe some folk doing tai chai to a soothing tune would make him see it the other way around. I gotta say, it would look a little more "in place" in such an environment to be balancing their chi energy than jumping around and screeching out of tune.

• Like 2

Poor panda. I'd be in a straight jacket myself if I had to deal with "square dancing" grannies too.

• Like 1