Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
questionmark

China cracks down on messaging apps

4 posts in this topic

BEIJING, Aug. 7 (UPI) -- The Chinese government is cracking down on messaging apps like WeChat, Line and KakaoTalk, limiting which users and organizations can publish political news.

China is restricting the spread of news on these apps as they are increasingly being used to transmit dissent against the government, according to the Xinhua News Agency. Apps like WeChat have "public accounts" where scholars, celebrities and businesses can send their messages to a wide audience.

The government will allow only news agencies and organizations with prior approval to publish what officials approve as political news on these "public accounts."

The good old times are back. Military-Industrial complex fans rejoice!

1 person likes this

China taking a page from the US government? Me thinks so! Of course, this is happening in many countries and the same about dissent towards government.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

China taking a page from the US government? Me thinks so! Of course, this is happening in many countries and the same about dissent towards government.

I guess it is always easier to point an accusatory finger at others whilst ignoring our own hypocrisy.

Edited by Ryu
1 person likes this

I guess it is always easier to point an accusatory finger at others whilst ignoring our own hypocrisy.

Indeed. Its all about keeping the focus of the people on the other. Misdirection , smoke and mirrors just like a magic trick.