Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cemetery 'Ghost' Fined For Shouting 'Woooo'

Still Waters

A man who pretended to be a ghost while behaving in a "rowdy" way in a cemetery has been fined.

Anthony Stallard of Southsea, Hampshire, has been ordered to pay £35 after throwing his arms in the air and shouting: "Woooooo."

http://news.sky.com/...-shouting-woooo

• Like 2

Portsmouth Magistrates' Court heard that Stallard had been out drinking with friends when they went to Portsmouth's Kingston Cemetery where they played football.

No. Really? I couldn't imagine a bunch of drunks pull something like that!

• Like 1

I can remember a time when all that would've happened would've been something in the order of "Okay boys you've had your fun go home and behave yourselves"

But that doesn't put any funds into the government coffers.

• Like 4

I think that one should always respect graveyards - now, that is never going to happen and youths will be youths - as long as there was no criminal damage to Headstones etc then a telling off by the local "Bobby" should have sufficed. Of course, today the "Bobbies" are not allowed to reprimand such behaviour with a "clip around the ear" because that infringes on the perps Human Rights!

Just when did the world turn sour?

BOO

• Like 2

I can remember a time when all that would've happened would've been something in the order of "Okay boys you've had your fun go home and behave yourselves"

But that doesn't put any funds into the government coffers.

In the version i read this idiot was doing it during funerals, so maybe not so funny.

• Like 1

I go to cemeteries, because I have an interest in history.but I am always respectful and if there is a funeral I don't hang around, so not to bother the bereaved It not a place for playing football. I think it was right for them to be fined.

• Like 3

He should have just told authorities he was looking for his friend Dr. Wu who ran off with Steely Dan years ago.

• Like 2

So he was fined for scaring a few tarts but this was dismissed?...

"Stallard had also been charged with causing criminal damage to the gravestones, but the charge was dismissed."

Makes no sense at all!

Anyway, I still love visiting cemeteries but am respectful too. I find them to be quite peaceful.

so basically "drunk in public" haha not really because he was a ghost.

• Like 1

Lol People do things like this all the time. It's disrespectful but in the same sense who is pleasant while intoxicated?

Respect the deads

Edited by Rei4ever

Considering the fine is pretty much a slap on the wrist "don't do that again", it probably served it purpose. Have a little more respect in a cemetery, people go there to grieve not hang around jokers.

• Like 1

Wow i'm glad I never got caught doing this with monotonous regularity with my friends during our college days as our favourite local was next to the local cemetery.... I would have still been in debt paying off fines today!