Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neighbours warned over their 'killer cats'

Still Waters

An Oxford University educated research chemist has issued his cat-owning neighbours with leaflets warning them of "drastic action" if they continue to let their animals roam free and kill the birds in his garden.

Dr Clive Mowforth claims he has received arson threats in response to the leaflets after he told owners they should control their cats and stop letting them roam free to "murder" dozens of birds in his specially redeveloped garden.

http://www.telegraph...kill-birds.html

• Like 1

I hate people like this. Three of my cats were killed after my garden loving "neighbour" pushed poison through the fence as he didn't like them sleeping under one of his trees. It was heartbreaking.

I hate ignorant cat owners letting their vicious cats into my garden to kill birds as well!!! If I see a cat in my garden without a collar and bell round it's neck I will assume it is a stray and try and capture it so I can use food dye to turn it blue if it keeps coming back then i'll take it to the vets to put down.

Edited by George Ford

I hate people like this. Three of my cats were killed after my garden loving "neighbour" pushed poison through the fence as he didn't like them sleeping under one of his trees. It was heartbreaking.

That is bang out of order. If he knows they are a pet and they are well behaved and do not kill wildlife then putting poison onto your property to kill them is evil!! I think he probably broke the law as well!

I don't like seeing a cat with a bird in its mouth, but that's what cats do, it's nature. That said we have a baby pigeon hatched from a nest in a tree in our garden, yesterday we could see it perched on one of the branches. To our knowledge it hasn't ventured out any further yet and we are concerned that when it does the cats might get it as we have a lot roaming around here. Both our neighbours have dogs (very vocal ones at that!) so hopefully they will help keep the cats away.

• Like 1

I abhor cats, they're not native to Australia and frankly have no place being here but to poison them? That's the product of a sick mind.

If you love your cats, keep them indoors as much as possible and put a loud bell on them. It's not just that they are natural predators and will kill birds and other wildlife, they can also catch alot of diseases that way. I had a cat who killed a bird and became very sick, throwing up etc, I had to keep him at the vet on fluids for 3 days. Luckily he lived but I changed his collar after that to a better made one - he had removed the bell on it somehow you see ....

• Like 1

My mother's neighbour's cats spend more time in her garden than they do their own. The only thing she has to be careful of is when she opens her outside doors the cats have a habit of coming in the house. My mother being elderly has to watch she doesn't trip over them because she doesn't see too well either.

Your neighbour was horrible to do what he did, that must have been against the law, you could have reported him unless you did already.

What a vicious and vile person your neighbour must be.....did you confront this person?

I dearly hope that you reported this to Animal Welfare.

Both of my kitties are indoor cats (too many mac trucks and large predators to let them out for my peace of mind). When I used to live in town I let my cats outside; but they always had at least a collar on so people would know they weren't strays.