Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anybody know how to get rid of a poltergeist?

Kpak

A poltergeist joined our family many years ago when my daughters were young.

The family spirit comes around every now and then to let us know this playful spirit is still around.

Does it move things around, appear, slap people upside the head, make noise, or something to that physical effect, or is it one of those "bad feelings" things?

You will have to seriously talk with him. One; he must pay rent. Second he shall not sneak in while your wife is having a shower. Once you establish these rules I bet he'll bug off.

• Like 2

Our spirit is really not too bad.

Usually in the morning when we wake up wall pictures are crooked, and things on tablets messed around.

Once in a great while, we see things fall that should not fall.

Today my wife saw a chair move an inch which is rare and hardly happens.

My wife and I are the only ones left in our house as our daughters are grown and gone.

First thought; get arid of your VCR with the movie Poltergeist stuck in it.

2nd, talk to a catholic priest.

3rd, check the real estate market for non-murder houses.

• Like 1

The spirit comes back when there is a lot of sadness and emotional stuff going on, like a family relative being sick or dying as an example.

• Like 1

I go for the cameras and sensor stuff. Or just get a notebook with a simple webcam app and leave it recording where things "get moved without reason" and see what happens. Of course share here.

• Like 2

Lure said ghostie into a box, using biscuits usually helps,

place box in car and go for a 4 hour drive,

release ghostie into wild at next layby,

drive home.

If its a playful spirit once in a blue moon, leave it be, or go with cameras and I bet it stops.

• Like 1

This just my opinion, but spooks and spirits prefer agitated, younger females.

It seems an upset female unlocks a portal into the spirit world.

I am sorry males, you don't have the magic upset or not upset.

• Like 1

Bagpipes. Works like a charm.

• Like 2

This just my opinion, but spooks and spirits prefer agitated, younger females.

It seems an upset female unlocks a portal into the spirit world.

I am sorry males, you don't have the magic upset or not upset.

That's a long way to go for a "b****es be crazy" joke

• Like 1

How long has this been going on? You said it started when they were young, and now they are grown and out of the house.

• Like 1

Cameras.

set up cameras attached to motion sensors.

60 % of the time, it works everytime

I think that's more like 100% :whistle:

• Like 2

I am a little surprised at how narrow minded the people on this site are. I would expect people interested in the unknown, paranormal, extra-terrestrial to have much more sympathy on matters that most people would consider crazy by the main stream sheeple. That being said...

If you are certain that the attack is coming from a spiritual entity (i.e. a demon, because that's all a poltergeist is) then you have a couple options.

First, if you don't have enough faith in God to banish the demon then don't try it yourself. I know from first hand experience that demons will leave when commanded to in the names of God and Yeshua but if you don't have the faith then it will only agitate the demon and likely escalate the problem. (i.e. you will go from crooked pictures to beds shaking and being grabbed during the night).

Secondly, if you can set up a system to capture any of the activity on camera then you can make a much stronger case to the priest. Because as soon as they start with the cleansing and exorcism rituals there is a good chance that the demon will escalate the activity as well. I have had a friend thrown from a house window trying to help cleanse a home.

Options:

1) Call a priest, the go to priest is a Catholic priest because they have formal rituals that they will use to cleanse your house and escalate their methods if necessary. You don't need to be Catholic to request the help of a priest. Otherwise, find a priest in your respective faith, who is open to the reality of paranormal phenomena, and ask them for help and to bless your house.

2) Do it yourself, feel free to send me an email and I could give you some material that might help you understand how to banish the entity. Please include your level of faith, if you have a religion, what practices that might have 'called' a demon to your home, does you or anyone you know dabble in the occult? etc... Anything that might help clarify what situation you are really facing.

3) Ignorance is bliss, they love knowing that you know they are there. They love knowing that you are angry because they caused you to lose some sleep. They love knowing that you are afraid because they are moving objects spontaneously. If you absolutely ignore them then they might just go away and try to feed on someone else. Above all else do not fear them. It will give them power over you.

Good luck and may God bless you!

• Like 1

I am a little surprised at how narrow minded the people on this site are. I would expect people interested in the unknown, paranormal, extra-terrestrial to have much more sympathy on matters that most people would consider crazy by the main stream sheeple. That being said...

Sheeple, yeah that's a good way to get people to listen to you, no negative connotations to someone using that

• Like 2

often one can simply wait it out... poltergeist cases tend to have a relativly fixed cycle (generally focused on a girl or young woman) where in they will start off weak, gain in strength, reach a cressendo and then slowly weaken again and fade away, only returning occasionally for short periods of time (and much weaker than they were at the height of 'the haunting') after that. It sounds like you are already in the later stages, so I am not sure that there is anything to really worry about.

Ignorance is bliss.

I bet you have a blissfully existence.

Anyway, why it should be catholic? Are they the only demonslayers?

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 2

.. you might try inviting a bunch of skeptics over? Spirits can't share the same space with skeptics. ;)

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

A good DSLR and webcam works wonders for these pesky buggers. Get a good webcam with low light capabilities and let it run 24/7 then keep the DSLR, with a good flash, close by at all times and I guarantee peace and quiet.

• Like 2

*sigh*

Here we go.

If I told you the sky was purple with yellow spots, would you believe me?

You would go and look out the window and see the sky with your own eyes, so please, forgive us all who are a little skeptical.

If I expetienced the activity first hand, I would spin on a dime and change my views.

• Like 1

being skeptical is a good thing.... using that as an excuse to be a dismissive dick that makes fun of somebody trying to talk about something that is real to them is not. There is a major difference between those two positions and not everybody who frequents this site knows that (or cares).

Edited by Conrad Clough
  • Like 1

being skeptical is a good thing.... using that as an excuse to be a dismissive dick that makes fun of somebody trying to talk about something that is real to them is not. There is a major difference between those two positions and not everybody who frequents this site knows that (or cares).

A very valid point,

Some people jest, some people immediatley dismiss, others ask for proof with a none biassed opinion.

If we believed everything we were told with out asking for proof, we would be very niave.

Some dont mean to ridicule, and the majority dont, but alot of the time it is mis read and its extremely hard to correctly read the tone of a reply.

• Like 2