Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jewelry to use ur body to create electricity

OverSword

From the article:

Naomi Kizhner's innovative jewellery isn't for the faint hearted.

Her decorative designs have a dual purpose and come complete with spikes at each end, which are inserted into the wearer's veins and are able to convert kinetic power from the body's involuntary movements into electricity.

The continuous flow of blood turns the golden wheel inside the design, eventually creating enough kinetic energy to produce electricity.

Read it here

edit to add. Gross.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

This is good news for needle junkies who will require small amounts of electricity to power their jewelry.

• Like 3

I just do not know what to say about this, actually there's just too many things that can be said. I'll just leave it at not for me.

• Like 3

Innovative. Beautiful designs. Intriguing. Not so odd to me. The only downside I see is possible infection in the bloodstream, which is never a good thing.

I gather the one modeling the jewelry is the designer, I'm wondering if she couldn't find a model willing to "wear" it.

Not saying I'd wear it (too afraid of infection), but death aside, it's a pretty cool idea and the designs delicate and attractive, imo.

Edited by QuiteContrary