Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Presidents

qxcontinuum

I am noticing that there are many subjects and threads opened about presidents and comparisons between them. While my subject I would like to shortly mention is not just related to US but worldwide actually.

We forget they are representing someone, they are being trained, educated to speak and act in such fashion they can make a nice impression to the public. They have an agenda that will satisfy the public's need. While they are representing someone's interests for sure like the master puppeteer, in the same time they will be elected by a majority due to what they can bring on the table.

We always tend to blame leaders for their failures; we blamed Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, Fidel Castro, Bush, Obama, Putin, etc...but they are elected by a nation, they are representing millions of people, their believes, their aspirations and their goals.

Overall if you blame your president for failures then you gotta blame the whole nation

Sorry , just my two cents!

• Like 1

To be fair, they represent the interests of the wealthy (read powerful) and just pay the rest of their societies lip service.

true.

We always like to give credit(be it good or bad) to one person. Be it an invention a video game, war, anything. Its just human nature I guess because it makes things easier to grasp when we give things a figure head.

I suppose "we," should be used loosely. Not everyone votes for whoever it is that's elected into office. Sadly, many forget they have the undeniable power to make a change, not that it would be easy, but with a united effort it is possible.

• Like 1

I am noticing that there are many subjects and threads opened about presidents and comparisons between them. While my subject I would like to shortly mention is not just related to US but worldwide actually.

We forget they are representing someone, they are being trained, educated to speak and act in such fashion they can make a nice impression to the public. They have an agenda that will satisfy the public's need. While they are representing someone's interests for sure like the master puppeteer, in the same time they will be elected by a majority due to what they can bring on the table.

We always tend to blame leaders for their failures; we blamed Hitler, Stalin, Sadam Hussein, Fidel Castro, Bush, Obama, Putin, etc...but they are elected by a nation, they are representing millions of people, their believes, their aspirations and their goals.

Overall if you blame your president for failures then you gotta blame the whole nation

Sorry , just my two cents!

While I agree that anything a US President does must be borne by the entire nation, I do also think that the responsibility/blame does not fall on every citizen to the same level. For instance if the ACA (Obamacare) turns out to fail, it will reflect on the Democrats much more then the Republicans. Because almost all Democrats voted for it, and almost all Republicans voted against it. Same would be true of the second invasion of Iraq. Those who voted for it hold more responsibility then those who voted against it.

if the ACA (Obamacare) turns out to fail,

You may have missed this, (if you lived under a rock), but it already did not fail.

You may have missed this, (if you lived under a rock), but it already did not fail.

little (much too) early to claim that yet, but it is holding up better than I had thought it would.

Such an experiment can't be considered a pass or fail with only one year of data.

• Like 2

Such an experiment can't be considered a pass or fail with only one year of data.

sure and then you'll say 2 and 3 and 4 etc etc. The evidence of it's unqualified success is easily available.

sure and then you'll say 2 and 3 and 4 etc etc. The evidence of it's unqualified success is easily available.

It is a success only in that it will not be easily replace anytime soon. The people demanded action on healthcare reform and they got it.

Initial success does not predict how the program will be doing in 5 years, or 15 years.

Are rates going to go up or down next year? Are more people going to join? Are people going to dump their exchange plans next year? Are the insurance companies going to try anything sneaky? Is there going to be a little.. a moderate amount... or a lot of fraud, waste and abuse? Will the website every perform to expectations?

It is simple to throw money into the street and claim that you've saved a hundred people from starving, and it is quite another to look at those people five years later (and numerous money throws into the street) and see if they are better or worse.

• Like 1

If rates go up, will there be a concerted effort on the part of the right wing media conglomerate to send the message that they did so because of obamacare?

My rates have gone up every year since I first started working 20 years ago....

Edited by Neognosis

Well ... we just don't make World Leaders like they used to ~ in a world of Leaders with dubious followers ~ all there will be is dubious Leaders ~

Really? Why have all the most damaging bits been delayed until after the midterms?

• Like 1

If rates go up, will there be a concerted effort on the part of the right wing media conglomerate to send the message that they did so because of obamacare?

My rates have gone up every year since I first started working 20 years ago....

My rates were going up around 15-20 dollars a month pre ACA. Since ACA they have risen by $38/month (2011) , $42/month (2012), and $48/month (2013). Could be a coincidence.

My rates were going up around 15-20 dollars a month pre ACA. Since ACA they have risen by $38/month (2011) , $42/month (2012), and $48/month (2013). Could be a coincidence.

You may see a spike in costs very soon. http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2014/02/25/the-next-shoe-to-drop-obamacare-will-increase-the-cost-of-employer-sponsored-insurance/

• Like 1

You may see a spike in costs very soon. http://www.forbes.co...ored-insurance/

I'd say that given what Obama's own people are saying, we still will have to wait and see as to the long term success of the ACA. Regardless of turtles telling us everything is fine.

Then it's too bad not even not-voting for the President doesn't exclude you from blame for him.

Then it's too bad not even not-voting for the President doesn't exclude you from blame for him.

Unless of course you understand that it doesnt matter which one gets in, cause they both work for the same people to execute the same exact agenda. I know I personally couldnt take part in that. Thats what sucks about living in a place like NY. I voted in the primaries for RP, even though I knew he had no chance what so ever to win this state. And even if somehow he did win it, they would just say he didnt. Like they pulled in Maine.

The only utterance from (Red) Ken Livingstone that I've ever agreed with.....

"If voting ever changed anything, they'd abolish it!"

• Like 1

Unless of course you understand that it doesnt matter which one gets in, cause they both work for the same people to execute the same exact agenda. I know I personally couldnt take part in that. Thats what sucks about living in a place like NY. I voted in the primaries for RP, even though I knew he had no chance what so ever to win this state. And even if somehow he did win it, they would just say he didnt. Like they pulled in Maine.

You do get to pick between a green piece of crap and a brown piece of crap, and some people have favorite colors! :tsu: