Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

St. Louis reaction to police shooting of teen

Wendigo Wangs

I think you guys are wasting your time with aztek, his signature says it all. :whistle:

• Like 1

i do not really believe anything police says, if he was stopped as a robbery suspect, they would say it from the start, but the cop stopped and told them, to fvk off the road. not a single mention about robbery until today.

I did not realize you were there! Can you tell us more about what you saw?

he could very well be the one who robbed the store, but it does not change anything really, i'm sure large protion of that city would fit description, of large black male.

black male, 6'4", 290lbs, wearing a gray t-shirt and red hat, walking in the same direction as Brown, with another male dressed like the second suspect also wanted for the same convenient store robbery.

• Like 3

you are right, it gives cop a right to stop him, not sure about detaing, but lets say it does, but none of it gives cop a right to kill him, and his budy was not the only witnesss there. all say he stopped and raised his hands.

Totally agree on this point.

I still think there is a tremendous amount of questions we need answers to.

• Like 2

Yes, if a person matches the description of a crime that has just occurred, and the suspect is traveling in the last known direction as the suspect, with another person matching the second suspect, it does give the police the right to detain them.

I'm looking forward to learning about the evidence in this case.

I really could not care very much less about what "witnesses" have to say.

A cop sees someone and who very closely fits the description of a recent store theft, the friend has already admitted to his friend stealing the cigars, and confronts him. The guy decides to fight/flee and assaults the cop/tries to steal his gun, in the struggle that ensues the cop shoots a guy who is much larger than himself and can overpower him after being injured and possibly dazed from being hit in the face.

that is exactly why they shoot people like it is no big deal. , because you and likes of you will always find the twist that justifys them.

none of what you said gives cop a right to shot anyone when he raised his hands.

Well...I just saw the press conference held by the police chief. You guys are certainly right that it appears he was no angel.

HOWEVER, the chief noted that the encounter with the cop was UNRELATED to the alleged robbery. The chief said he was accosted for "walking in the middle of the street." Is THAT a crime??

And the point remains that even if he was a punk, he had his hands up when the officer shot and killed him.

"Hands up don't shoot!" Still demands accountability.

If Brown was unarmed, even if he scuffled with the cop...I still have trouble believing the incident justifies lethal force.

Now it seems the cops just want to smear him...as if to say..."he's a bad guy, he got what he deserved!" Like stealing somehow justifies murder.

This is typical police state tactics, shift blame to the victim who cannot defend himself. They want to put Michael Brown on trial, not the officer.

How convenient.

• Like 4

Well...I just saw the press conference held by the police chief. You guys are certainly right that it appears he was no angel.

HOWEVER, the chief noted that the encounter with the cop was UNRELATED to the alleged robbery. The chief said he was accosted for "walking in the middle of the street." Is THAT a crime??

And the point remains that even if he was a punk, he had his hands up when the officer shot and killed him.

"Hands up don't shoot!" Still demands accountability.

If Brown was unarmed, even if he scuffled with the cop...I still have trouble believing the incident justifies lethal force.

Now it seems the cops just want to smear him...as if to say..."he's a bad guy, he got what he deserved!" Like stealing somehow justifies murder.

This is typical police state tactics, shift blame to the victim who cannot defend himself. They want to put Michael Brown on trial, not the officer.

How convenient.

I agree with your assessment.

However a couple of points. Walking in the middle of the street IS a crime (not one to be shot over, or even arrested for, granted)

Even if the shooting officer did not know Brown was involved in the robbery, BROWN knew. That would give cause to a scuffle and an escalation of violence.

But, I totally agree. We need alot more information that what has been given.

• Like 1

none of what you said gives cop a right to shot anyone when he raised his hands.

Well does anyone know if he didnt threaten the cop while holding his hands up? Enough to make the cop fear for his life?

• Like 1

that is exactly why they shoot people like it is no big deal. , because you and likes of you will always find the twist that justifys them.

We seem to have differing opinions on the potential consequences of attacking police officers. All of the facts still haven't been revealed so my opinion of how the officer handled it may change, but from what I know right now I don't think he was wrong. You don't attack police officers without being prepared for a fast escalation in what might happen.

• Like 1

the stop, and shooting was not related to robbery.

I understand. I wasn't saying that the one justified the other, only that the mindset of the young man might have been toward confrontation at the time the police stopped him. No way does it excuse multiple shots if he had no weapon.
  • Like 1

Well does anyone know if he didnt threaten the cop while holding his hands up? Enough to make the cop fear for his life?

site examples

We seem to have differing opinions on the potential consequences of attacking police officers.

we seem to have differing opinions on what hands raised in the air means.

• Like 1

we seem to have differing opinions on what hands raised in the air means.

If the only witnesses to "hands in the air" are the other "witnesses" that also claimed the cop just pulled over and shot him for no reason then I'm a bit skeptical of that. How high and in what position are we talking about here? From the cop's perspective he just got attacked and was possibly dazed after fighting the guy off, so he started reaching for his weapon. For all he knew "hands in the air" was his getting ready to reach for his gun again.

Again, all the facts aren't in yet but the list of witness reports so far have been wild beyond belief and in some cases proven as complete lies.

• Like 2

Not sure if it's reasonable or not, but the suspect was 6"4' 275 lbs. and Michael Brown was a pretty big guy who fit that. We have no way of knowing if the cop was being unreasonable or not when he was confronted, but the end result seems to have been the cop being assaulted at some point and then shots being fired.

But does a punch in the face justify being killed?

But does a punch in the face justify being killed?

If the criminal then reaches for your gun, then yes.

• Like 4

If the guy in the convenience store is the man they shot, he does appear to be a thug.

On the other hand, we don't kill people just because they are thugs.

This city government has shown it's true colors far more than it's citizens. The police there are worse than the thugs!

This business of assassination by cop is getting out of hand in the United States. Maybe it takes a riot or two to wake the police up in some jurisdictions. People will start arming themselves just to have a fighting chance, which negates the whole point of having peace officers in the first place. If they're going to kill you anyway, what's the point of surrender?

• Like 1

If the criminal then reaches for your gun, then yes.

I agree, but did that happen in this case?

I agree, but did that happen in this case?

I'm not sure. I've said before that my opinion of the event may change when more facts come out, but given the current facts I trust the word of the cop with no demerits on his record over a thug who would throw around old shop employees half his size while stealing just because he can.

• Like 3

I'm not sure. I've said before that my opinion of the event may change when more facts come out, but given the current facts I trust the word of the cop with no demerits on his record over a thug who would throw around old shop employees half his size while stealing just because he can.

so you already decided the cop was in the right, until proven otherwise??? he has every reason to lie, so he wont get charged with murder. and his buddies, including pba, covering him up, but you'll by their story before anyone elses.

like i said you are the reason they fell more and more comfortable lying, and abusing power. it is not just this case.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

so you already decided the cop was in the right, until proven otherwise??? he has every reason to lie, so he wont get charged with murder. and his buddies, including pba, covering him up, but you'll by their story before anyone elses.

like i said you are the reason they fell more and more comfortable lying, and abusing power. it is not just this case.

I'm saying given the choice of which of the two to belief in a he-said-she-said scenario, a random guy who steals from stores or a police officer, I'll take the word of the police officer over a random thug until more evidence is given.

• Like 2

this entire thread, as well as all discussions about this, are pointless speculation.

I will save my opinion until an investigation is finished.

• Like 2

I will save my opinion until an investigation is finished.

And after that one of the groups involved (no matter the outcome of said investigation) will dislike the result and if the result is "it was a fair action" or "not guilty" there'll be riots again because nothing says "the system oppresses the black man" like black men stealing televisions.

• Like 4

And after that one of the groups involved (no matter the outcome of said investigation) will dislike the result and if the result is "it was a fair action" or "not guilty" there'll be riots again because nothing says "the system oppresses the black man" like black men stealing televisions.

The riots and looting started again last night, so the governor has issued a curfew. Apparently many were upset that the robbery video was released.