Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Men protect store with AR-15 during riots

spartan max2

in one street all stores were looted except the bookstore... nothing in there they wanted (or were capable of utilizing)... we had a thread to that effect in the European forum.

That would be funny if it wasn't so very sad

• Like 1

Yamato. I got respect for you man, for what you say and how you say it. No candyass sugar coating, just stating for how it truly is. :nw:

• Like 1

What would have happened if push came to shove and they had to shoot?

I suspect that the tattooist and his friends would either be dead killed by the looters or up on "racially motivated murder" charges faster then you can say "Al Sharpton".

Not saying he was wrong, far from it, I'd be there with him frankly but it's a Catch-22.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats

I suspect that the tattooist and his friends would either be dead killed by the looters or up on "racially motivated murder" charges faster then you can say "Al Sharpton".

Now, now....

If they were forced to shoot it would be self-defense. Even if it went to trial no jury would convict them under those circumstances.

When it comes to looting, what exactly is in a Tattoo Shop that would be useful to anyone? I'm pretty sure that's a part of why they weren't looted as well.

They're protecting their property in general, not only from looting but also any damage that may have occured if not present, as well.

Not saying he was wrong, far from it, I'd be there with him frankly but it's a Catch-22.

But It didnt happen because of the threat.

Its one of the points I always try to bring up when talking about guns, the fact that it normally works as a deterrent and no one really ends up getting shot.

Plus a riot is not really a single organized unit, no one is going to go up against six armed men with AR's to rob a shop, specially when there are plenty of other shops to rob.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

When does the lynching start?

Usually during the trials of those who fight back. ;) Seriously though, I can't recall anyone being hanged - guns are too easy to lay hands on.

I heard some of the rioters were NOT from that town. Not sure how true that statement is.

• Like 1

I heard some of the rioters were NOT from that town. Not sure how true that statement is.

depends who you heard it from, but it wont be something unusual, cell phone\internet tech made it very easy for someone text or call their buddies, and have them come for some action.

• Like 1

Would they have been justified in shooting anyone who tried to rob them?

The question should be, how crazy do you have to be to try and rob someone who is standing there prepared to use lethal force?

• Like 2

The question should be, how crazy do you have to be to try and rob someone who is standing there prepared to use lethal force?

I'd rather simply get an answer to my question than to pretend the question is invalid in order to avoid giving a potentially unpleasant answer.

I guess that depends on your morals. In my opinion if you give them enough warnings and they still decide to rob and vandalise all your stuff then it's warranted to shoot them

I would say yes. A looting mob is a dangerous criminals and you have the right to protect your life and property from them.

• Like 4

The question is much more likely: How much do they want the stuff the people prepared to use lethal force are protecting?

Yes! Especially since these guys are protecting their way of getting dinner on the table. They have the right to protect their self and business. I'm not saying shoot to kill. Take out a knee cap and hope that deters them enough to move on.

• Like 1

Does the same argument hold for if its not a giant mob looting them but a single person?

Take out a knee cap and hope that deters them enough to move on.

big mistake, than regardless of fault, you will be putting dinner on his table, for the rest of his life, and if you die sooner, your kids will be doing it.

• Like 1

Does the same argument hold for if its not a giant mob looting them but a single person?

pretty much same thing. one kid in queens was found not guilty for killing 2 attackers with a knife, when he was attacked by a group.

I think maybe yes? To my understanding, it's a stand your ground/castle doctrine state. I know that includes self and home, but I'm not too sure if that includes business. Perhaps defending self at the business works in this kind of situation. I think they are an open carry state too, so just standing around with guns looking like they mean business is legal as well.

If you meant justified as in morally rather than legally.... Herm, not too sure about that one. Guess it would have depended on how the shooting went down.

• Like 2

Plus apprentley youv never got a tattoo cause that stuff ain't cheap lol

Tattoos can get stolen? I didn`t was aware of.

:lol:

Yes. By law they have the right to protect the store. Let's not forget were talking about breaking and entering. But you do not shoot an intruder if they are leaving, only if they are entering.

• Like 1

big mistake, than regardless of fault, you will be putting dinner on his table, for the rest of his life, and if you die sooner, your kids will be doing it.

Bad assumption on your part. Do not forget were talking about breaking and entering and the owner has the right to defend. Might want to look up the laws for yourself.

• Like 1