Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man keeps giant hornet on lead as a pet

Still Waters

It might be an internet sting - but this bizarre picture appears to show a Japanese man who keeps a deadly giant hornet on a lead as a pet.

The feared six centimetre (2.5 inches) long Asian insects - which can fly at up to 25 mph - have a powerful, poisonous sting that claims around 40 lives every summer.

https://uk.news.yaho...55.html#AJ2Rz15

• Like 1

Bees and wasps are drones in nature. They have a task at hand and reports back to the hive. Besides, how can one manage to tie a string around a wasp's waist and why would anybody wants to do that? LOL! It has to be some sort of hoax.

Lol. An obviously slow day at yahoo news. :yes:

• Like 1

^ with yahoo, I would not be surprised one bit. There are probably people commenting about how the hornet is the latest military tech for spying on people . :P

Where's my flay swatter, lol. Why would anyone want to keep one as a pet? Either a hoax or this guy is really lacking in friends.

• Like 3

Ahh, so it's a lack of friends.

• Like 1

Aren't the stingers attached to their internal organs? I thought stinging insects died once they stung something. (If the stinger was left behind.)

I can only imagine the guy keeping this huge hornet on a leash, and the two are walking down the street.

• Like 1

Aren't the stingers attached to their internal organs? I thought stinging insects died once they stung something. (If the stinger was left behind.)

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that that is true for honeybees(which is why they are hesitant to sting...suicide), but not wasps.

Anyone feel free to correct me on this, 'cause I'm not sure.

Anyway, yeah, seems like a BS hoax, or the moron has lost his mind.

• Like 1

Only in the case of bees.

Wasps can keep stinging until the victim dies or the wasp gets bored.

• Like 2

Come on, it's Japan! It's really a little robot wasp! The leash plugs into the battery pack!

• Like 1

We used to do this with flies in middle school. Stun them and tie a thread around the head. Pet fly!

We used to do this with flies in middle school. Stun them and tie a thread around the head. Pet fly!

Yeah, right. Never happened.

I wonder if the hornet likes his head rubbed?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

I'm a sucker for believing anything and I can't even subscribe to this. I didn't think Pavlogs dog worked with invertebrates??

I think I agree with the article that this appears to me to be a preserved dead hornet. In every photo its legs are in the same positions.

Yeah, right. Never happened.

I've done that too. Stun the fly and then tie a thread onto them, then tie them down on a stick.

Edited by DieChecker

I think I agree with the article that this appears to me to be a preserved dead hornet. In every photo its legs are in the same positions.

I've done that too. Stun the fly and then tie a thread onto them, then tie them down on a stick.

Dude, I remember my cousin doing it with dragon flies!

• Like 1

All I can say is that is one lonely lonely person. Sad. :yes: