Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space Exploration Astral Projection Style

rapture

ORGANIC Explorations  

13 members have voted

1. 1. ASTRONMERS AND ASTRAL PROJECTION?

• Yes?
    • No?
    • Clueless?

Astronomers should at least consider astral projection or , at the least, employ those capable- The universe is meant to be touched; massaged...the senses activated... the message downloaded.; the ritual of rituals.

Disembodiment( death); a state humans will experience the most provides no spaceship- ; so why does embodiment?

Edited by rapture

Astronomers should at least consider astral projection or , at the least, employ those capable- The universe is meant to be touched; massaged...the senses activated... the message downloaded.; the ritual of rituals.

Astronomers are scientists. Astral projection has not been proven to exist by science. Why should scientists consider techniques for which there is no scientific evidence? They might as well, consider exploring the universe using fairies, pixies and dragons.

• Like 5

Disembodiment( death); a state humans will experience the most provides no spaceship- ; so why does embodiment?

What?

Have you considered presenting your novel idea to the International Astronomical Union ?

They are sure to treat it with the respect it deserves.

6a011168597440970c0147e2e96a32970b-320wi.jpg

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Systems vastly far apart;Inter- dimensional ( and telekinesis) travel has to start sometime--better than now than never. Human brain...the perfect organic computers.

Edited by rapture

Systems vastly far apart;Inter- dimensional ( and telekinesis) travel has to start sometime--better than now than never.

You do know this is the science section don't you? There is no scientific evidence for such phenomena. You may as well suggest using magic or the power of prayer or seances as scientific tools.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1

Systems vastly far apart;Inter- dimensional ( and telekinesis) travel has to start sometime--better than now than never. Human brain...the perfect organic computers.

Prove it.

To paraphrase Einstein, "Science is 1% inspiration and 99% astral projection" :lol:

• Like 1

Astronomer brains and military testosterone; nevertheless, NASA should know how to preserve the body; nevertheless, they could also employ those that can; the human brain can interact and open dimensions that machines can't

the human brain can interact and open dimensions that machines can't

And your evidence for this is?

You have not presented a single piece of evidence to support your claim. The fact is you CAN'T provide evidence because there is none.

Science is a rational process. Your argument is irrational.

Astronomer brains and military testosterone; nevertheless, NASA should know how to preserve the body; nevertheless, they could also employ those that can; the human brain can interact and open dimensions that machines can't

Again; prove it.

A concept frequently explored in science fiction. Aliens contacting humans this way and experiencing our world through earthly eyes, or humans initiating contact the same way. Chocky, by John Wyndham comes to mind, The Alien Way, by Gordon R. Dickson and in Piers Anthony's Cluster Series.

Something similar to this concept was actually given serious consideration and even research funding by the US government for years. It was called, among other things, Remote Viewing. So, be kind to the OP.http://www.irva.org/remote-viewing/timeline.html I had a woo woo moment when I saw what the government program was called.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

Edited by John Wesley Boyd

The mathematician Kurt Godel was a Platonist who considered intuition to be a psychic power or sorts. All thoughts, ideas and mathematics already exist in some dimension or realm that can be contacted through intuition. I suppose this would be a form of astral projection.

The most amazing thing about this thread is the fact that there are actually TWO votes for yes in the poll. :w00t:

The most amazing thing about this thread is the fact that there are actually TWO votes for yes in the poll. :w00t:

Let's be honest this site is not a scientific forum. As such it hosts a lot of "alternative" ideas and therefore attracts a lot of "alternative" thinkers; some more "alternative" than others. If the subject of the poll was "Is the universe a pan-dimensional dragon's cup of tea?" someone would vote yes.

On the whole that's a good thing, there are plenty of sites which only allow scientific subjects.

The problem here is that rapture has decided to post a VERY "alternative" idea in the science section. He doesn't seem to be able to grasp why it fails totally as a scientific subject of discussion.

People can astral project anywhere but I have to agree that it isn't going to be scientific.

• Like 1

People can astral project anywhere but I have to agree that it isn't going to be scientific.

Then it doesn't exist. If something exists, then there will be a way of measuring it.

Then it doesn't exist. If something exists, then there will be a way of measuring it.

Thats not really fair is it? Many things existed well before they were measured.

Thats not really fair is it? Many things existed well before they were measured.

What? That's not what I said. I was responding to a comment that was employing the logical fallacy of special pleading. That astral projection is real, but can't be measured by science. I'm saying, that if something exists, science can measure it. I'm not saying something doesn't exist until it's measured. Actually read what I wrote perhaps?

• Like 1

What? That's not what I said. I was responding to a comment that was employing the logical fallacy of special pleading. That astral projection is real, but can't be measured by science. I'm saying, that if something exists, science can measure it. I'm not saying something doesn't exist until it's measured. Actually read what I wrote perhaps?

Unless you have a way to measure astral projection then it will never be scientifically proven will it? Even if science is limited doesnt mean reality has to be limited. Have you got a measure on whether or not dreams exist?

Unless you have a way to measure astral projection then it will never be scientifically proven will it? Even if science is limited doesnt mean reality has to be limited. Have you got a measure on whether or not dreams exist?

There have been countless experiment with people dreaming while hooked onto an EEG machine. They show clearly the parts of the brain that is active during dreaming, so in short - yes we know dreams exist and yes we can measure their impact on our brains !

Have you got a measure on whether or not dreams exist?

Actually science can measure the brain activity which occurs during a dream. Science can measure where in the brain a dream is happening and when it is happening.

Remember the advice I gave you about spending some time doing some research before making yourself look foolish? Remember you said it was good advice? You haven't bothered following that advice have you?

• Like 2

Actually science can measure the brain activity which occurs during a dream. Science can measure where in the brain a dream is happening and when it is happening.

Remember the advice I gave you about spending some time doing some research before making yourself look foolish? Remember you said it was good advice? You haven't bothered following that advice have you?

Dreams are true enough to the beholder then why not astral projection? Dreams were known, at least thought to be real well before any scientific measure. In fact i cant recall a time when it was announced, " Dreams confirmed to be a scientific reality."

Nor for that matter do i recall its been announced " Science confirms astral projection is not a reality"

Edited by taniwha

Dreams are true enough to the beholder then why not astral projection? Dreams were known, at least thought to be real well before any scientific measure. In fact i cant recall a time when it was announced, " Dreams confirmed to be a scientific reality."

Nor for that matter do i recall its been announced " Science confirms astral projection is not a reality"

Oh dear. You seem to be arguing that astral projection and dreams are the same thing...?

You also don't seem to understand the scientific process. You would never head a headline saying something like that.

All science is, is the measurement and understanding of the universe around us. You're saying that astral projection can't be measured scientifically. This is called special pleading, and points to the fact that astral projection simply doesn't exist.