Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man fills his garden with 1,000 ornaments

Still Waters

With wheelbarrows, a lawn mower and an abundance of plants and shrubbery, it certainly ticks all the boxes for the average garden.

But with its huge collection of quirky ornaments and life-size scarecrows, which fill the 40ft by 30ft space to the brim, this front lawn gives landscape gardening a whole new meaning.

The award-winning oasis, which is nestled in the heart of Caol - the largest village in Scotland - is the result of eight years of hard work by 64-year-old grandfather Robert Rae.

http://www.dailymail...attraction.html

• Like 3

Well that's a bit special isn't it! I can't imagine the neighbours are too happy with all the attention it brings though.

• Like 3

Its just a bit much for my taste but oddly enough, I like it! This gentleman must be pretty well liked by his neighbors. Good for him.

• Like 4

He just needs a goat so it can eat the patches of grass around the objects and he just just found an efficient way to never mow the lawn again.

• Like 2

No...just...no....

• Like 1

A little over done for my taste and just glad I am not one of his neighbors...

• Like 1

I like it. What transforms it from being a bunch of junk in the guy's yard to being a nice display, is that he has it nicely organized and colorful.

Though I like it, I wouldn't want him for my neighbor. ;)

• Like 2

It's a wee bit cluttered for my liking but I think he deserves some credit for his dedication and hard work, he spent eight years to get that result the article says. Having him as a neighbour wouldn't bother me at all, he's not doing anyone any harm and I can think of far worse neighbours to have, I'd also find it interesting to have a look around his garden. It's good he has an interest to keep him busy and happy I think.

• Like 1

He just needs a goat so it can eat the patches of grass around the objects and he just just found an efficient way to never mow the lawn again.

I think it's artificial grass he has.

A bit eccentric in my opinion, but i have to admit that it's cool, since it's something that he wanted to do and he managed to achieve it. Way to go! :)

• Like 2

A bit eccentric in my opinion, but i have to admit that it's cool, since it's something that he wanted to do and he managed to achieve it. Way to go! :)

My opinion exactly! :)

• Like 2

It's like looking at one of those houses that go overboard during Christmas. You know, the ones that look like they could kill the local power grid?