Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why only heaven?

bacca

Sorry if this has been asked recently but I haven't been around for a while....

I see stories on the news or online all the time about people who claim to have died visited heaven and come back to let everyone know how wondreful it is etc...

Why doesn't it happen the other way? why is it that there aren't people who die and say oh no i need to change my life I was in hell and it is really like .....

This is my random thought of the morning :D

• Like 1

i recently watched a few shows on youtube of persons claiming to have been sent to hell. i dont remember the name but a search on NDE Hell may get you results. :innocent:

• Like 1

I'll have to do that when I get home....I find it intersting that if these ppl exist that they aren't shown on the news and front page of magazines...proof of 'the bad place' i would think would be used by people....

• Like 1

First off I think people tend to cherry-pick only those "experiences" that they want to see or that dove-tail with what they believe while discarding the huge amounts of so-called "experiences" where the person reports nothing.

Also, since the U.S, for example, is so inundated with religion -particularly christianity- then naturally those who are indoctrinated will usually see things pertaining to said religion. Same would happen with a hindu or buddhist. (one of our late family friends was a hindu and reported seeing, while in the hospital, a image of someone related to the hindu belief system)

Of course people also want to hear about angels, fluffy clouds and seeing family again. No one wants to hear that the person seen or heard nothing or that, because of their own troubles, seen troubling stuff instead.

All in all NDE's can probably be compared to hallucinations or racing of thoughts one might see when having a high fever. All trauma induced really.

• Like 1

I agree with you Ryu!! But because of everything you said is why I find it odd that one...some people who believe they are going 'down' don't get those images, and if they do why...some religious people aren't jumping on it as a tool to convert non-believers or cement the concept that you must be good etc

• Like 1

Umm!!! How many people are going to admit that they had a foretaste of hell? I mean what might it say about their life? (or at least their belief about their life) Why would anyone think they were going to hell? (Only because they had a really guilty conscience.) eg "Ah I had a vision I was in hell. I really had better stop raping and killing young women/ beating my wife /stealing from my employer." Actually many people have dreams about hell in one form or another. It is a symbolic creation of our subconscious which is responding to a variety of stressors and circumstances in a person's life. .

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Luke 16

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Luke 16

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Back in my freshman year of uni I knew a guy who claimed to have seen hell during a drug overdose.

Of course we were also watching the movie Constantine, and it just so happens the hell he saw exactly matched that version of hell.

Convenient how that works.

• Like 1

There are copious reports of people who have died and claimed to have seen hell - just look up NDE, visions of hell.

Here you go, this is just one link:

http://www.theforbid...ons_of_hell.htm

Note: presenting the link does not mean I believe the accounts, just that they exist.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

It happens. People do report seeing hell. But remember when it comes to any media what is going to sell and keep people interest? Everything is nice and fluffy or oh guess what there is a possibility that hell is real and you can be there?

• Like 1

My NDE had to do with neither my cultural nor religious background,

though I have tried to make sense of it in light of the latter. As I was

made to "lie down in green pastures," it is to the like I regularly drift

upon falling asleep or, apparently, when unconscious. It is there I

go to be replenished and thus was I then as the hitherto seemingly

solitary scape came alive with community.

That community, however, can to a Christian only conceivably exist

on "a new earth."

Edited by aka CAT

Probably because there is no such place as hell. Outside of Old Harry's Game.

Bacca not all experiences of NDE's are the same.

I never said they were, did I?

I was asking a curiosity question because i have seen an abundance of heaven going NDEs on the tv lately sorry if i implied that all of them were identical

I think that may be part of your issue here. TV is all about ratings, and if the show is showcasing a theory or idea that there's this beautiful utopian existence after death thats going to get better ratings than someone saying "It was dark and I was in indescribable pain, and nothing means anything anymore after I spent what felt like years in the void."

Ratings over anything, and a positive message gets higher ratings

• 2 weeks later...

Buddhist NDE

Edited by davros of skaro

Sorry if this has been asked recently but I haven't been around for a while....

I see stories on the news or online all the time about people who claim to have died visited heaven and come back to let everyone know how wondreful it is etc...

Why doesn't it happen the other way? why is it that there aren't people who die and say oh no i need to change my life I was in hell and it is really like .....

This is my random thought of the morning :D

Every thing is possible in a dream, even to go to heaven or hell and return. What is impossible is to literally die, pay a visit to heaven or hell and then return.

Edited by Ben Masada