Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't like spiders?

Still Waters

If you're scared of spiders then this may just be your worst nightmare.

For this wildlife enthusiast, it was just research.

User angryrhyno posted the video to YouTube in which he can be seen gently stroking a funnel-shaped web in his shed in Jersey in the Channel Islands.

http://metro.co.uk/2...iously-4842218/

• Like 2

Aww such a sweetie, big fluffy Miss Spider. That man was a pain sticking a bit of plastic into her house. Notice how she got a bit scared at the end of the video and shrank away. She was only as big as a penny. Talk about excaggeration.

• Like 3

Nothing like aggravation to start your day... I have read that these spiders are rather harmless and can be beneficial (they eat roaches). However, if bitten the pain can be quite uncomfortable and long lasting. For me, I will admire her beauty at a distance. Nice post... thanks for sharing :)

• Like 5

According to Wikipedia, we have three of those species of spiders in New Zealand. Which is interesting as they share this land with funnel web spiders, which are much larger. However, these spiders, although related to their deadly cousins across the Tasman, are virtually harmless as the bite is the equivalent of a bee sting.

They're aggressive little b******* though.

I'd like to put that guy in a corner and torment him with a stick.

• Like 2

I've got two regular spiders in my shed, Cupcake and Fluffball. I pop in sometimes for a tea and biscuits.

I've got two regular spiders in my shed, Cupcake and Fluffball. I pop in sometimes for a tea and biscuits.

We've had two large spiders in the house lately, I don't like it when they start to do that. I don't like them at all.

Spiders aren't bad, just depends on where they are. I opened my backdoor one night to take out trash, and there was a 2 inch wide spider in his web at my face level. I said "Wrong answer Bubba" and down came the web.