Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British embassy sparks anger

questionmark

When it comes to the diplomatic use of a Twitter account, it seems that even 200 years isn’t distance enough to spare a nation’s blushes.

That’s the hard lesson that the British embassy in Washington has learned after it posted on its official feed what it thought was a light-hearted tweet to mark the 200th anniversary of the burning of the White House by British troops.

The tweet featured a photograph of a cake on which a model of the White House was flanked by British and American flags and encircled by lighted fireworks, with the words: “Only sparklers this time!”

Read more

LOL! Doesn't seem very diplomatic. Someone has a weird sense of humor, but really no weirder than Obama giving the queen an ipod full of his speeches for a gift. Screw it, I blame Obama. :gun:

• Like 2

Oh God, have a sense of humor and don't take it so personally.

I think it's funny.

We should focus on the real insults we get from Britian, like when they send us the ilk of Simon Cowell, Russell Brand, or Piers Morgan.

Them's fightin' reasons.

• Like 6

I think it's funny.

We should focus on the real insults we get from Britian, like when they send us the ilk of Simon Cowell, Russell Brand, or Piers Morgan.

Them's fightin' reasons.

They did not send 'em, Fox, Universal and CNN hired them, evidently in a conspiracy to make Americans dumber than they already were.

• Like 1

For those whom it sparks anger; get your funnybone checked... Way worse jokes have been made, by Americans, about all kinds of incidents, which lay fresher in ones memory.

Humour is important in life.

• Like 2

I think it's funny.

Them's fightin' reasons.

Hey! I like Piers Morgan!
  • Like 1

They fired their guns ,and the British kept a coming, there wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago, they fired once more and the British started running ,down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.......that's the last time we fell out I think.

Nowadays we both have to stay friends against terrorism, and the bad guys.

• Like 1

They fired their guns ,and the British kept a coming, there wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago, they fired once more and the British started running ,down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.......that's the last time we fell out I think.

Nowadays we both have to stay friends against terrorism, and the bad guys.

Or just because everyone should just be nice. Americans and English laugh at themselves much more than most other cultures as far as I can tell. Just look at our television.
  • Like 2

Or just because everyone should just be nice. Americans and English laugh at themselves much more than most other cultures as far as I can tell. Just look at our television.

lol, little britan is hilarious

I thought it was clever and not in anyway insulting. I laughed.

Although the way this administration snubbed Thatcher's funeral (the white house was better represented at Micheal Brown's funeral) was a serious insult to our most important European Allie. So anyone offended by this harmless jest, I think should just take a deep breathe, remember what "we've" done and chill out.

Maybe it was for Obama talking during "God Save the Queen"...

I had no idea that there were that many episodes in connection with the UK and this is only the Top 10! I never heard about the Churchill bust until now... thanks MSM! :td:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/28/Obama-Top-Ten-UK-Gaffes

I thought it was clever and not in anyway insulting. I laughed.

Although the way this administration snubbed Thatcher's funeral (the white house was better represented at Micheal Brown's funeral) was a serious insult to our most important European Allie. So anyone offended by this harmless jest, I think should just take a deep breathe, remember what "we've" done and chill out.

The majority of citizens off the UK snubbed Thatchers funeral,she wasn't well liked by many people over here so I doubt many were offended

If America lets us put the Queens Head on their stamps, we won't ask them to let us have Hawai'i back, as that would wreck their flag design.

• Like 1

If America lets us put the Queens Head on their stamps, we won't ask them to let us have Hawai'i back, as that would wreck their flag design.

That's a deal, but you guys have to broadcast the speeches from the ipod Obama gave the queen every 7th Sunday for a year.
  • Like 2