Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman fights for her life against a Leopard

seeder

Lucky woman, very brave!

Indian woman kills leopard that attacked her

An Indian woman armed only with farm tools is stable in hospital after killing a leopard that attacked her.

Kamla Devi, 56, sustained multiple bites, cuts and fractures during the half-hour battle.

She had been fetching water in northern Uttarakhand state when the leopard pounced on her from nearby bushes - she fought back with a sickle and spade.

"I thought I was dead but I did not lose patience and courage," she told reporters after her lucky escape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-28941519

• Like 7

Wow what a story and it is something that she came out on top of this struggle...

• Like 3

Wow what a story and it is something that she came out on top of this struggle...

Indeed. Fighting for half hour is gruelling, even fighting another person. Just shows what determination, fear and adrenaline can do.

• Like 3

Just shows what determination, fear and adrenaline can do.

... and patience too.

• Like 2

I'm glad this woman is OK. I think what impresses me the most is that she is 56. Now that's spirit!

The reality is human populations are growing so much that they venture into areas where wild animals inhabit , so clashes like these are going to become more frequent.

• Like 3

I'm glad this woman is OK. I think what impresses me the most is that she is 56. Now that's spirit!

The reality is human populations are growing so much that they venture into areas where wild animals inhabit , so clashes like these are going to become more frequent.

Never let age fool you. As a young, fit, apprentice pipefitter I was once punched on the chin by a 59yr-old carpenter. I saw stars... literally.

• Like 2

She certainly is lucky. I believe Leopard's are some of the most aggressive big cats in the wild. Or maybe that was Cheetah's...

An half-hour battle! With a Leopard.

• Like 4

Never let age fool you. As a young, fit, apprentice pipefitter I was once punched on the chin by a 59yr-old carpenter. I saw stars... literally.

Age has not fooled me one bit. If I had a choice, I'll fight that 59 year old carpenter over fighting a big cat with big claws and big teeth that's trying to kill me. Broken jaws heal, death does not.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

She certainly is lucky. I believe Leopard's are some of the most aggressive big cats in the wild. Or maybe that was Cheetah's...

Cheetahs aren't really aggressive. Leopards can be because they're so solitary, though they usually just stay hidden.

• Like 1