Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rainbows in the stars: Stunning photos

Still Waters

These spectacular images of star-filled night skies look as though they were taken in the depths of space.

But the awe-inspiring shots are actually the work of Matt Payne, who took the images in Oregon and Colorado.

Mr Payne says people who live in cities often refuse to believe his pictures are real because they have never seen so many stars with their own eyes.

http://www.dailymail...wilderness.html

• Like 3

There is an inconceivably wondrous beauty swimming in those photos, so stunning and dazzlingly splendid that is absolutely robs one of their breath.

A lovely find.

• Like 3

Absolutely stunning, having lived in only places with massive amounts of light pollution and having never really been to any remote locations for a vacation, I have never seen anything like this in person and i'm really

not sure I would ever leave if I found a place so beautiful.

• Like 3

That is just so beautiful. Now it makes sense that there are so many milky way legends in ancient stories. People from times past would see the skies looking like this every night.

• Like 3

Yeah the pics are very nice but I have to add here that the pics are taken with long time exposures, I would say 20-30sec,

so the sky don`t look like like in the pics viewed with the naked eyes.

“By day the hot sun fermented us; and we were dizzied by the beating wind. At night we were stained by dew, and shamed into pettiness by the innumerable silences of stars.”

(Seven Pillars of Wisdom, ch. i)

T. E. Lawrence: Seven Pillars of Wisdom

I believe Lawrence really does a splendid job of summing up my feelings when I gaze at those pictures.

• Like 1