Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hollow Earth and Melting Arctic

metacast

He's apparently unaware the Greeks and Romans placed Hades in/around the British Isles (Strabo, Plutarch, Claudian etc). It has nothing to do with British empire propaganda, and the quote I cited is factual. The author was also an academic, and that book had good reviews in scholarly journals. But by all means just let jaylemurph continue to embarrass himself.

...100 years ago. Literally. 'Round about the same time phrenology and eugenics were getting good reveiws: might as well cite articles supporting them, too.

By the way, Virgil rather famously didn't place Hades anywhere near Britain, nor did Pliny, so you can't exactly prove an overwhelming consensus. One would think a self-avowed Classicist like yourself would be hestitant to making sweeping statement about such diverse, widespread cultures as the Greeks /or/ the Romans -- over, what, four or five hundred years? -- let alone the /combined/ Greco-Roman Classical world. But such an observation would in no way be germaine to my original comment questioning your research practices.

--Jaylermurph

Edited by jaylemurph

I can say with 110 % security there no entrance to "hollow earth" in the north pole and the artic melting have NOTHING to do with a "hollow earth".

It was a theory first purposed by Newton I think, to explain gravity or something like that.

I am metrologist and can easily prove the melting of the artic is due to rising temperatures.

No thanks, I just ate.

:lol:

I thought the hollow earth thing wasn't a matter of the earth being hollow, but a matter of civilizations existing below the earth, in cave systems that go down for miles and miles. Isn't that where the reptilians are supposed to be hanging out for the last couple thousand years? Weren't the Nazi's looking for Thule or some such tropical paradise in Antarctica?

i understand that the hollow earth smells, abominably bad, due to all the socks that have disappeared from our earth reappearing there in some mysterious fashion. The strange creatures who live there are not happy about that either and they thump the ceiling all the time causing those things we cause earthquakes....

• Like 2

On the topic of positioning. Using paperclip reasoning and imagination as a guide.

If the moon can hold orbit at a location surrounding the the center of earth. And rings can hold position around saturn. Then crust mass globe shell can hold position around the central point of earth as well. It would just be a comprehensive, 100% surface area ring so to say. So it's not a ring, it's a shell enclosure, but being held constant from the same principle... it's set.

Probably easy to debunk with the pwave swave earthquake stuff. But it's an interesting concept.

If it were true it would provide for multiple layers/shells.

Are Saturn's ring's static? Eg, does their location stay over the same locations on the shell globe and spin with the shell globe as if one mass? Or are there some timing differences in rotation?

And on top of all that, how deep has mankind made it into the shell?

Edited by metacast

Which Greeks? A little googling around the internet turns up nothing easily found about Hades being north of Greece. Instead the mythology seems to indicate it was underground. Or at least accessed by going underground.

The Persephone myth seems clear that Hades came up out of the ground and that he abducted her back underground, and Persephone could not be found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styx

Feneos... Which is in the Peloponnese. The opposite of being to the North.

I'm also not finding anything to do with Charon being associated with England or the English channel.

Do you have a good source for your information?

The Homeric or Mycenaean Hades, e.g. that Odysseus visited to consult Teriseus, sat in north-western Greece. Acheron, Cocytus and Phlegethon are all rivers in Epirus and the "House of Hades" described in the Odyssey has been identified with an archaeological site in the same region. See:

Dakaris, S. I. (1962). "The Dark Palace of Hades". Archaeology. 15: 85–93.

Severin, T. (1987). The Ulysses Voyage, Sea Search for the Odyssey. London: Hutchinson.

Whatever Herodotus reported (probably only a local tradition) has nothing to do with the Homeric Hades. But over time, Hades moved further north or north-west because it was regarded to be at the ends or edges of the (mapped) world at the time:

ACHERON (Acherôn). In ancient geography there occur several rivers of this name, all of which were, at least at one time, believed to be connected with the lower world. The river first looked upon in this light was the Acheron in Thesprotia, in Epirus, a country which appeared to the earliest Greeks as the end of the world in the west, and the locality of the river led them to the belief that it was the entrance into the lower world. When subsequently Epirus and the countries beyond the sea became better known, the Acheron or the entrance to the lower world was transferred to other more distant parts, and at last the Acheron was placed in the lower world itself.

http://www.theoi.com...mosAkheron.html

The Greek death realm equation with the British Isles is found in Plutarch and many others. Greek or Roman maps by Ptolemy also describe the (upper) North Sea around Scotland as the "Kronian Sea" and beyond it the "Dead Sea". They equated here the resting place of Kronos in Hades and Tartarus.

http://penelope.uchi...rum*.html#ref70

Edited by Atlantisresearch

On the topic of positioning. Using paperclip reasoning and imagination as a guide.

If the moon can hold orbit at a location surrounding the the center of earth.

The moon doesn't orbit the /center/ of the Earth. it orbits the Earth/Moon barycentre, the center of mass of the Earth-moon system, which lies under the Earth's crust at a point but is by no means the center of the Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_mass

Sorry. That's the one sceince-y thing I know.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

Are Saturn's ring's static? Eg, does their location stay over the same locations on the shell globe and spin with the shell globe as if one mass? Or are there some timing differences in rotation?

According to the resource I used the other month with my class, the layers of the rings rotate at different speeds, the rings are, after all, just rocks caught in the same tidal/gravity field that keeps the moons in place.

• Like 1

Sorry double post !

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

If the moon can hold orbit at a location surrounding the the center of earth. And rings can hold position around saturn. Then crust mass globe shell can hold position around the central point of earth as well. It would just be a comprehensive, 100% surface area ring so to say. So it's not a ring, it's a shell enclosure, but being held constant from the same principle... it's set.

Probably easy to debunk with the pwave swave earthquake stuff. YES But it's an interesting concept. NO

If it were true it would provide for multiple layers/shells.

And on top of all that, how deep has mankind made it into the Shell? 12376 meters http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Sakhalin-I

The moon doesn't orbit the /center/ of the Earth. it orbits the Earth/Moon barycentre, the center of mass of the Earth-moon system, which lies under the Earth's crust at a point but is by no means the center of the Earth.

http://en.wikipedia..../Center_of_mass

Sorry. That's the one sceince-y thing I know.

--Jaylemurph

The one science thing you know is absolutely correct and completely destroys his idea.

If the Earth consisted of seperate shells they would orbit around a barycenter, not the actual center, causing a wobling of the Earth. No such wobbling has been detected !

In addition tidal forces from the moon would cause even further instability.

Somehow I think that you are selling yourself short with that remark Jaylemurph. :tu:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

Orbit3.gif

#barycenter

That is so cool.

12km is not that deep. But we have to have tech going on that can penetrate directly through the earths center and come out the other side for altercation measurement, or however they would do it.

article_1370724_0_B601_F4_F00000578_53_468x443.jpg

I bet there are some natural wonders akin to city sized cavernous areas somewhere in there. Like crystal caves the size of 10,000 walmart supercenters that have existed for thousands of years until one day the earth shivers and they are gone.

Edited by metacast

The Homeric or Mycenaean Hades, e.g. that Odysseus visited to consult Teriseus, sat in north-western Greece.

But, I thought the trip to Hades was after talking with Circe? Which almost all Homeric scholars put west of Italy. Is it your belief that Odysseus sailed all the way back to where he started to consult a spirit on how to get home?

odyssey-map-large.jpg

Acheron, Cocytus and Phlegethon are all rivers in Epirus and the "House of Hades" described in the Odyssey has been identified with an archaeological site in the same region. See:

Dakaris, S. I. (1962). "The Dark Palace of Hades". Archaeology. 15: 85–93.

Severin, T. (1987). The Ulysses Voyage, Sea Search for the Odyssey. London: Hutchinson.

I don't want to be rude, but 99% of Homeric scholars/books would disagree with your statements, which you are trying to put forward as the Majority, and Accepted, view. Thanks for the book titles though. I'll research them some to see I want to read them.

Whatever Herodotus reported (probably only a local tradition) has nothing to do with the Homeric Hades. But over time, Hades moved further north or north-west because it was regarded to be at the ends or edges of the (mapped) world at the time:

I though Herodotus was one of those "final word" historians? Who wrote what 80% of everyone at the time believed.

I've read that the various mythic rivers moved, but I had thought those were only supposed to be the origins of the vast underground rivers. Can you show that all the mythic rivers flowed

Your own quote here says these are the locations of where the Entrances are and where the rivers connect to the Underworld. It does not say that these places were Hades, just that there were entrances and connecting rivers there.

The Greek death realm equation with the British Isles is found in Plutarch and many others. Greek or Roman maps by Ptolemy also describe the (upper) North Sea around Scotland as the "Kronian Sea" and beyond it the "Dead Sea". They equated here the resting place of Kronos in Hades and Tartarus.

http://penelope.uchi...rum*.html#ref70

I think you really have to "read into" it to get what you link to, to say England is Hades.

For Homer and Hesiod, the realm of Hades is summarized at

http://www.theoi.com/Kosmos/Haides.html

In the Odyssey, Haides is described in even greater detail. It is now located at the end of the earth, on the far western shore of the earth-encircling river Okeanos, beyond the gates of the sun, and the land of dreams. It is bordered by the Akherousian lake and three named rivers--the Styx, Kokytos and Pyriphlegethon. A judge named Minos receives the dead from Hermes Psykhogogos (Leader of the Souls), and sentences the most wicked to eternal torment.

Hesiod describes the realm of Haides in his Theogony. Here it lies at the end of the flat disc of the earth, beyond the river Okeanos and the land of evening. It is a cosmic meeting-place of the ways where the great sky dome descends to rest its edge upon the earth, and, from below, the walls of the Tartarean pit rise up to enclose the lower half of the cosmos. Haides and Tartaros are again quite distinct--Tartaros is the cosmic pit beneath the earth, whereas Haides is the land on the gloomy edges of the earth. In his Works and Days and Catalogues, Hesiod introduces the Islands of the Blessed, a paradise realm reserved for the great heroes of myth.

Kharon, the ferryman of the dead, first appears in the lost epic of the Minyad, ponting souls across the Akherousian mere in a skiff.

In the classical period the mystic religions and mystic prophets (e.g. the Orphics and Pythagoreans), as well as the philosophers, modified the realm of the dead to include an Elysian paradise for the good, and a Tartarean hell for the wicked. Souls were judged and assigned a suitable afterlife, and in some versions cast into cycles of purgatory and reincarnation. (See Haides II, the Mystics' Land of the Dead--still under construction, Sep. 2007.)

Domos Haidou is often translated into English as "the House of Hades," and indeed the god of the underworld is often described as a Homeric-style king living in a royal palace, with orchards and fields. The dead also passed through the pylai Haidou or "gates of Hades" to enter his realm. The adjective haidou, however, also means "unseen" or "invisible" and domos is simply a "dwelling-place," "domain" or "realm." So "the unseen realm" would be a fair translation. The common plural form domoi Haidou also needs to be rendered as something more than just "the house of Hades."

endquote

Them saying "it's on the flat disk at the end of the world" doesn't make it sound like it's a place they've visited Atlante.

I thought the hollow earth thing wasn't a matter of the earth being hollow, but a matter of civilizations existing below the earth, in cave systems that go down for miles and miles. Isn't that where the reptilians are supposed to be hanging out for the last couple thousand years? Weren't the Nazi's looking for Thule or some such tropical paradise in Antarctica?

Jeremiah 31:37 in the King James Bible might give a clue as to why Hitler was eager to discover what was inside the earth.

Not that there is anything in there, no Thule, no underworld etc. But at that time there were other quests based on ancient Egyptian teachings, did not Hitler associate himself with a kind of Pharaoh? By the end of the war they did discover what was inquired about in the 1800's regarding the so named 'ether' and also with the aid of ancient eastern teachings from India, ancient technology gave rise to foo fighters and other secret weapons which came too late to fulfill the dream of the third Reich.

• Like 1

What exactly was the purpose of the Foo Fighter then?

Are you genuinely suggesting that Hitler wanted to probe the subterranean world to mystically get rid of the Jews (Jeremiah 31:37)?

• Like 2

12km is not that deep. But we have to have tech going on that can penetrate directly through the earths center and come out the other side for altercation measurement, or however they would do it.

Yes, scientists have a pretty good idea of what's inside the Earth, thanks to things like measuring seismic waves passing (or not) through the Earth, knowledge of the Earth's overall density and the density of rocks we can get to, and also from studying the Moon.

I bet there are some natural wonders akin to city sized cavernous areas somewhere in there. Like crystal caves the size of 10,000 walmart supercenters that have existed for thousands of years until one day the earth shivers and they are gone.

There may be. One example is this: http://www.stormchaser.ca/caves/naica/naica.html This cave contains the largest known crystals, grown in hot water before the cave was discovered and drained. However, this cave is close to the surface and was full of water. Deeper down it seems unlikely to me that large hollow spaces could support themselves for any serious length of time.

• Like 1

In my opinion, there is no "truly" hollow earth.

Deep caves, caverns and such, well, for sure! I'm sure many interesting discoveries are yet to be found !

But a "massive hollow earth" in it's classical sense? No. Does not stand-up to science at all.

Volcanic activity suggests a "molten center" and massive earthquakes, I presume, would cause a regional "collapse"

• Like 1

For Homer and Hesiod, the realm of Hades is summarized at

http://www.theoi.com...mos/Haides.html

In the Odyssey, Haides is described in even greater detail. It is now located at the end of the earth, on the far western shore of the earth-encircling river Okeanos, beyond the gates of the sun, and the land of dreams. It is bordered by the Akherousian lake and three named rivers--the Styx, Kokytos and Pyriphlegethon. A judge named Minos receives the dead from Hermes Psykhogogos (Leader of the Souls), and sentences the most wicked to eternal torment.

Hesiod describes the realm of Haides in his Theogony. Here it lies at the end of the flat disc of the earth, beyond the river Okeanos and the land of evening. It is a cosmic meeting-place of the ways where the great sky dome descends to rest its edge upon the earth, and, from below, the walls of the Tartarean pit rise up to enclose the lower half of the cosmos. Haides and Tartaros are again quite distinct--Tartaros is the cosmic pit beneath the earth, whereas Haides is the land on the gloomy edges of the earth. In his Works and Days and Catalogues, Hesiod introduces the Islands of the Blessed, a paradise realm reserved for the great heroes of myth.

Kharon, the ferryman of the dead, first appears in the lost epic of the Minyad, ponting souls across the Akherousian mere in a skiff.

In the classical period the mystic religions and mystic prophets (e.g. the Orphics and Pythagoreans), as well as the philosophers, modified the realm of the dead to include an Elysian paradise for the good, and a Tartarean hell for the wicked. Souls were judged and assigned a suitable afterlife, and in some versions cast into cycles of purgatory and reincarnation. (See Haides II, the Mystics' Land of the Dead--still under construction, Sep. 2007.)

Domos Haidou is often translated into English as "the House of Hades," and indeed the god of the underworld is often described as a Homeric-style king living in a royal palace, with orchards and fields. The dead also passed through the pylai Haidou or "gates of Hades" to enter his realm. The adjective haidou, however, also means "unseen" or "invisible" and domos is simply a "dwelling-place," "domain" or "realm." So "the unseen realm" would be a fair translation. The common plural form domoi Haidou also needs to be rendered as something more than just "the house of Hades."

endquote

The Iliad and the Odyssey seem to differ on this point. But, both describe spirits as "going down" to Hades, and not "going away" to Hades

http://www.theoi.com/Kosmos/Haides.html

Well, after Kobain died Nirvana couldn't really go on a-

sorry, misread

• Like 5

Are you genuinely suggesting that Hitler wanted to probe the subterranean world to mystically get rid of the Jews (Jeremiah 31:37)?

I'm not sure, but it is interesting.

Hitler was led or influenced by spiritualists or mystics, it was rumored that he ordered an exploration of the poles in search of an inner world race. While I believe he was capable of such thoughts, which seem similar to the new teachings of science in Nazi land, but it was probably more about claiming territory?

Some spiritualists like Blavatsky taught there there is an underworld of superior beings.

The Foo fighters were the beginning of Germany experimenting with what was sometimes known as occult science. Foo fighters had limited impact on aircraft, except to interfere with their navigation and electrical systems. It is ancient science, as used by many cultures world wide in the past. The dark ages was dominated by the Papacy, during which time it ensured that all those people who had such knowledge were either cleaned up or robbed of it. Eg the Aztecs.

One of the concepts of ancient science about the interior of the earth, is that it is made of a substance partly responsible for the existence of matter which annihilates matter, like an anti matter. It gives the illusion of being solid as well as liquid, accelerating sound and shock waves, to different speeds at different depths which correspond with its layering. They say that surrounding this dark substance is another force or substance called the Light, which completely covers the interior substance, allowing matter to exist, ie the crust. The Light has the tendency to store energy, while the inner substance sheds energy. So the earth is constantly emitting particles as well as receiving them from the sun and outer space.

So by our imagination we see a hollow earth, which is actually far stronger and enduring than one filled with molten rock.

But if anything is able to penetrate the crust to this inner zone, it would combust and disappear without even shedding a spark of light or heat.

Matter is made of these two forces, a weaving if you like. That's where we get all that talk and symbolism of duality in nature - the yin and yang etc.

So the hollow earth stories erupted in the mid 1800's following these theories about matter.

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but it is interesting.

Hitler was led or influenced by spiritualists or mystics, it was rumored that he ordered an exploration of the poles in search of an inner world race. While I believe he was capable of such thoughts, which seem similar to the new teachings of science in Nazi land, but it was probably more about claiming territory?

Some spiritualists like Blavatsky taught there there is an underworld of superior beings.

The Foo fighters were the beginning of Germany experimenting with what was sometimes known as occult science. Foo fighters had limited impact on aircraft, except to interfere with their navigation and electrical systems. It is ancient science, as used by many cultures world wide in the past. The dark ages was dominated by the Papacy, during which time it ensured that all those people who had such knowledge were either cleaned up or robbed of it. Eg the Aztecs.

One of the concepts of ancient science about the interior of the earth, is that it is made of a substance partly responsible for the existence of matter which annihilates matter, like an anti matter. It gives the illusion of being solid as well as liquid, accelerating sound and shock waves, to different speeds at different depths which correspond with its layering. They say that surrounding this dark substance is another force or substance called the Light, which completely covers the interior substance, allowing matter to exist, ie the crust. The Light has the tendency to store energy, while the inner substance sheds energy. So the earth is constantly emitting particles as well as receiving them from the sun and outer space.

So by our imagination we see a hollow earth, which is actually far stronger and enduring than one filled with molten rock.

But if anything is able to penetrate the crust to this inner zone, it would combust and disappear without even shedding a spark of light or heat.

Matter is made of these two forces, a weaving if you like. That's where we get all that talk and symbolism of duality in nature - the yin and yang etc.

So the hollow earth stories erupted in the mid 1800's following these theories about matter.

But it died out again when those theories about matter were shown to be bull**** !

Starhunter I put in the sentence that you obviously forgot to add. :tu: