Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia's warning:We have Nukes...

Arkitecht

Seems like i have heard this before...like 3 or 4 times(Now).Kinda think poking the bear could elicit a response...

LAKE SELIGER Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression, declaring at a pro-Kremlin youth camp that foreign states should understand: "It's best not to mess with us."

Putin told the assembly, on the banks of a lake near Moscow, the Russian takeover of Crimea in March was essential to save a largely Russian-speaking population from Ukrainian government violence. He said continued fighting in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists launched an uprising in April, was the result of a refusal by Kiev to negotiate.

Ukraine, and Western governments, accuse Russia of sending troops and armor to back the separatists in a conflict that has already killed over 2,000 people. Russia denies the charge.

"Russia is far from being involved in any large-scale conflicts," he said at the camp on the banks of Lake Seliger. "We don't want that and don't plan on it. But naturally, we should always be ready to repel any aggression towards Russia.

"Russia's partners... should understand it's best not to mess with us,"

Link:

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-russia-ready-respond-aggression-123956691.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

From the same story;

"If those are contemporary European values, then I'm simply disappointed in the highest degree," he said, comparing Ukraine's military operations in the east of the country with the Nazi siege of Leningrad in World War Two.

"Small villages and large cities surrounded by the Ukrainian army which is directly hitting residential areas with the aim of destroying the infrastructure... It sadly reminds me of the events of the Second World War, when German fascist... occupiers surrounded our cities."

I liked the part where he omitted Russia is like Germany in WW2 when it invaded sovereign nations taking their territory with the justification of protecting ethnic Germans

Laughable,

• Like 2

NATO TO RUSSIA: Cease Your 'Illegal Military Actions'

NATO on Friday accused Russia of a "blatant violation of Ukraine's sovereignty" and urged it to immediately cease its "illegal military actions" in eastern regions of the country.

NATO  Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said despite "hollow denials" by Russia, it was clear it was involved in "direct military operations" in Ukraine.

"We condemn in the strongest terms Russia’s continued disregard of its international obligations. We urge Russia to cease its illegal military actions, stop its support to armed separatists, and take immediate and verifiable steps towards de-escalation of this grave crisis,"

Link:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nato-russia-cease-illegal-military-122203522.html

Obama statement says something along the lines of "no u.s military action... Obviously, because superpower vs superpower woildnt be good.." Obama looks like exhausted and weathered in his statement, especially his hair.. Looks way aged, but he knows he's let the world fall out... He believed he could smack the world with sanctions or peace treaties , kiss ass and everything would be ok.. Putin gives Obama the middle finger , and has called Obama out. You've never seen Any president outta last 5-6 that Putin tried to make a move like he's doing now.... The whole world is going crazy.. And Putin pretty ,ucu over Obama. He sees him for who he really is.

Russia is hardly a Superpower ; with an economy the size of California's all he has is a military with a lot of outmoded materiel. I suspect that most of his nuclear capability is rusting away through lack of maintenance and he seems to forget that the UK and France have nuclear capabilities that are in a state of constant preparedness.

The "man" is just a schoolground bully and should be treated as such; the Russian economy is in tatters and given the scale of Russian emigration in the last few years he probably has little genuine support from Russians.

• Like 2

Russia has quite a bit of power tbh, see below. And think about it like this, just 3 or 4 nukes on major cities in the UK and we are hit very hard. In this instance its not about the US being a superpower and Russia not, its about the assured destruction that nukes will do. Note the words 'active' and 'deployed' in regard to the info below, active, and deployed, does NOT mean rusting in storage

Nuclear arsenal of Russia

The exact numbers of nuclear warheads remain a subject of estimations and ongoing constant discussion depending on their respective source. The Federation of American Scientists estimates that Russia possesses 4,650 active nuclear warheads, while the U.S. has 2,468.[1] Alexander Khramchikhin, an analyst at the Institute for Political and Military Analysis said Russia has 3,100 nuclear warheads while the U.S. has some 5,700.[9] According to 2011 data from the New START Treaty Aggregate Numbers of Strategic Offensive Arms facts sheet, the United States has the largest number of deployed nuclear weapons in the world, 300 more than Russia.[10]

Mid-2007 Russia was estimated to have around 3,281 active strategic nuclear warheads in its arsenal. Russia also has a large number of tactical nuclear weapons, although there are no treaty requirements for it to publish data on these weapons so the exact numbers are unknown. An estimate by Hans M. Kristensen and Robert Norris estimate Russia has approximately 2,000 deployed tactical warheads. Strategic nuclear forces of Russia include:

Land based Strategic Rocket Forces: 489 missiles carrying up to 1,788 warheads; they employ immobile (silos), like SS-18 Satan, and mobile delivery systems, like SS-27 Topol M.

Sea based Strategic Fleet: 12 submarines carrying up to 609 warheads; they should be able to employ, in a near future, delivery systems like SS-N-30 Bulava.

Strategic Aviation: 79 bombers carrying up to 884 cruise missiles.

As of July 2009, Russia's strategic arsenal reportedly shrunk to 2,723 warheads, including: 367 ICBMs with 1,248 warheads, 13 SSBNs with 591 warheads and 76 bombers with 884 warheads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction#Nuclear_arsenal_of_Russia

Seems like i have heard this before...like 3 or 4 times(Now).Kinda think poking the bear could elicit a response...

LAKE SELIGER Russia (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression, declaring at a pro-Kremlin youth camp that foreign states should understand: "It's best not to mess with us."

Putin told the assembly, on the banks of a lake near Moscow, the Russian takeover of Crimea in March was essential to save a largely Russian-speaking population from Ukrainian government violence. He said continued fighting in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists launched an uprising in April, was the result of a refusal by Kiev to negotiate.

Ukraine, and Western governments, accuse Russia of sending troops and armor to back the separatists in a conflict that has already killed over 2,000 people. Russia denies the charge.

"Russia is far from being involved in any large-scale conflicts," he said at the camp on the banks of Lake Seliger. "We don't want that and don't plan on it. But naturally, we should always be ready to repel any aggression towards Russia.

Link:

http://news.yahoo.co...entsharebuttons

Typical bullies response.The Us has nuclear weapons too-as do some other countries, so don't try to stand over the rest of the world Putin.

Edited by toyomotor
  • Like 1

The fact is that if Putin launches a nuke against anybody the result would be the elimination of Russia, and he knows it.

• Like 2

The fact is that if Putin launches a nuke against anybody the result would be the elimination of Russia, and he knows it.

And other countries too

• Like 3

I think Putin wants to rebuild the old Soviet Union to its former glory, he wants to be remembered and feared like Lenin and Stalin. I wonder what his mental state is like. He has to know if he nukes Europe or the US he will get nuked. Maybe he has more nuclear weapons than anyone else but how many does it take.

Nato is talking about putting 10,000 troops in Ukraine. Its pretty obvious that most of these rebels are actually Russian soldiers and they will keep doing it until they get Ukraine. Russian soldiers most likely shot down that plane.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2738677/Britain-spearhead-10-000-strong-Nato-rapid-reaction-force-mission-halt-Putins-Tsarist-expansionism.html

• Like 2

I think Putin wants to rebuild the old Soviet Union to its former glory, he wants to be remembered and feared like Lenin and Stalin. I wonder what his mental state is like. He has to know if he nukes Europe or the US he will get nuked. Maybe he has more nuclear weapons than anyone else but how many does it take.

Nato is talking about putting 10,000 troops in Ukraine. Its pretty obvious that most of these rebels are actually Russian soldiers and they will keep doing it until they get Ukraine. Russian soldiers most likely shot down that plane.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2738677/Britain-spearhead-10-000-strong-Nato-rapid-reaction-force-mission-halt-Putins-Tsarist-expansionism.html

They arnt going to the Ukraine but neighbouring NATO countries.

Canada for instance is sending 1000 troops to Eastern Europe.

I know it wasn't Russians or Ukrainians that shot down that plane. Neither would be stupid enough to fire at a blip on the screen with out knowing it's range altitude and speed. I can see the Rebels using Russian equipment doing that.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...pansionism.html

Yes I am wondering about his mental state too. Russians who fought so hard to lose communism must feel like they are going backwards.

If he has gone round the twist I wonder how far he is prepared to go?

• Like 2

http://www.dailymail...pansionism.html

In the comments under that link..

Dont poke the Bear. Does Russia have missile bases in Canada or Mexico aimed at major US cities and military bases?? List the countries that Russia has invaded since WW2, list the countries that the US has invaded. Has Russia ever used Nuclear bombs on civilian targets? please show a map of US/NATO bases close to Russian borders. When the BRICS group of nations create their own trading currency backed by the Gold standard (which the US dropped in 1971) watch the value of US dollar plummet, this is what this is all about. How many more spurious reports of 'Russian Tanks in Ukraine' will it take for everyone to wake up?? The media is not your friend.

• Like 1

Russia is hardly a Superpower ; with an economy the size of California's all he has is a military with a lot of outmoded materiel. I suspect that most of his nuclear capability is rusting away through lack of maintenance and he seems to forget that the UK and France have nuclear capabilities that are in a state of constant preparedness.

The "man" is just a schoolground bully and should be treated as such; the Russian economy is in tatters and given the scale of Russian emigration in the last few years he probably has little genuine support from Russians.

I agree no longer a superpower, but its this sort of thinking that's got us in trouble in the first place. Thinking Russia is a spent force. Russia still is a global power, and still remains a Regional power. The thinking by the West, that the west could continue to push Russia around, keep taking advantage like it has since the collapse of the soviet union. breaking nearly every promise the west made to Russia on expanding eastwards. trouble is in the last decade we've seen a resurgent Russia in comparison. The West pushed and this time Russia pushed back and we don't like it.

If countries such as Ukraine want to leave the Russian sphere of influence they should do it themselves, not be dragging the rest of us into a confrontation with a country who can ruin our day. NATO needs to pull its neck in and let Ukraine take up its case at the UN. to date Ukraine is neither a member of the EU or NATO, yet both are putting their necks on the chopping block.

Russia has annexed Crimea. the West have given up on trying to regain Crimea. which tells us they knew Russia would annex the region. trouble is they didnt bank on Russia and the East of Ukraine. - Russia should just push for territory in Eastern Ukraine and watch the west **** themselves.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

If countries such as Ukraine want to leave the Russian sphere of influence they should do it themselves, not be dragging the rest of us into a confrontation with a country who can ruin our day. NATO needs to pull its neck in and let Ukraine take up its case at the UN. to date Ukraine is neither a member of the EU or NATO, yet both are putting their necks on the chopping block.

There's only one problem with this. If the area which wants to leave the country is smaller than the rest, and the rest of the country tells them you can't do it and uses military force to prevent them leave if necessary, you ain't got much choise.

I really wouldn't want to fight Russia, for stupid reasons like it's my country it's your country. Here's the real deal: if the "occupied & oppressed" country is not happy, they're more likely gonna do something about it. Like in Gaza. When Russia occupied Finland some 100 or 200 years ago, one of us shot the biggest russian big shot stationed here and then himself. That's how you do it if you dont like the occupiers. You dont have to send anyone to do it because they go do it themselves if they got the equipment. Unless of course the bread & circus prevails over blood. Oh and Chechnya, you can't say people would be too scared to do anything, they've already done! I bet Putin hasn't forgotten that yet. If he knows history I bet he's gonna consider the stuff he doesn't like too, as a proper statesman.

• Like 1

Yes I am wondering about his mental state too. Russians who fought so hard to lose communism must feel like they are going backwards.

If he has gone round the twist I wonder how far he is prepared to go?

It seems strange to me that when no one has threatened to invade or nuke Russia, only oppose his take over of at least part of Ukraine and all of Crimea, he would bring up nuclear weapons.

It's a ploy...Nukes are actually a worthless weapon. We have lived under "M.A.D." for years..."mutually assured destruction"...that is all they are good for..."You attack me I attack you and we all die"...

Everyone knows that bringing one to bare will result in catastrophic repercussions...so no one uses them.

The only ones that might actually use one in ignorance and/or arrogance would be North Korea, Pakistan and if the Jihadists get their hands on one. I don't think China would ever use one...their population density is such that a well placed strike would bring incalculable destruction...India would probably counterstrike Pakistan...and of course the Jihadists would love to take out as many infidels as possible and if we turned the M.E. into sheets of glass, they wouldn't care about the innocents that would go out in a flash...

How about a nice game of chess?

• Like 2

It's a ploy...Nukes are actually a worthless weapon. We have lived under "M.A.D." for years..."mutually assured destruction"...that is all they are good for..."You attack me I attack you and we all die"...

Everyone knows that bringing one to bare will result in catastrophic repercussions...so no one uses them.

The only ones that might actually use one in ignorance and/or arrogance would be North Korea, Pakistan and if the Jihadists get their hands on one. I don't think China would ever use one...their population density is such that a well placed strike would bring incalculable destruction...India would probably counterstrike Pakistan...and of course the Jihadists would love to take out as many infidels as possible and if we turned the M.E. into sheets of glass, they wouldn't care about the innocents that would go out in a flash...

How about a nice game of chess?

When talking about Nuclear weapons. there are two kinds, the one which springs to mind is the mushroom cloud strategic type. but the other one is tactical nuclear weapons which are used on the battlefield. Russia is the only country who conducts large tactical nuclear weapon training. and sees the use of these weapons as a core part of their infantry / artillery fighting.

Its interesting to see that figures for people fleeing the fighting in the east of Ukraine have seen 155,000 people flee into Russia and 122,000 people to the west of Ukraine. Those figures seem to show a small majority feel closer ties to Russia.

The Ukrainian army seem to be struggling against the rebels, losing ground, and troops surrendering.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, one major difference between Russia and USA is the GMO stance, and GMO is quite a big profit in USA and USA-originating largely. In this (2014) July Russia just extended the GMO ban that was supposed to end Awfully convenient timing with the USA intervention in ukranian crisis. Anybody here believes Monsanto (or other GMO big names) dont have any ties to USA congress etc?

http://www.biofortified.org/2014/06/why-does-russia-plan-to-stop-gmo-cultivation-and-imports/

Quite a loss of profit, Russia is a very big country population-wise too. Lotsa GMO profit to be made there, and where there's profit to be made, there must be profit, OR ELSE...

http://www.sott.net/article/284908-Obama-using-Putin-to-hide-the-mess-US-caused-in-Ukraine

The fear of Russia is strong in it's neighbor countries by the way, talk of the day. Nobody would wanna fight Russia, but yet there's NATO everywhere. That's the part I really dont understand, because a small country like Latvia, Estonia or Finland can defend themselves against Russia if there's a large war, because we wouldn't be the only country Russia would fight against. They can't lose too many troops against us, else they'd jeopardize their own sovereignity and have only MAD to defend themselves, no real army. Japan and USA both have a beef with Russia, without nukes it'd be easier, they could just duke it out, but now you need to use outsider countries like Ukraine to minimize MAD threat.

Fear is a bad host in a war. Gurkhas have known this and their provess in battlefield is the proof of this philosophy holding true. Those who give in to fear may reap what they sow, or rather... the people of their countries will reap that.

• 5 months later...

Link:

http://news.yahoo.co...entsharebuttons

Seven months or so later and was wondering , how does everyone feel about their views of Russia ? has anyone had a change of mind since ?