Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Council backs repeal of fortune telling ban

rashore

FRONT ROYAL -- A split Town Council took a step Monday after a heated public hearing to strike a ban on fortunetelling from the books.

Council voted 4-3 to pass a motion on a first reading to repeal the town code section that prohibits fortunetelling, "gypsies" and "magic arts."

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2014/08/council-backs-repeal-of-fortunetelling-ban.php

Apparently this is a hot topic for debate in the little Virginia town of Front Royal.

"Daryl Funk voted against the repeal"

With a name like that I can see why he wants to keep the status quo in place.

Does that mean they'll no longer have the popular witch-burning festival every year? That was always a crowd pleaser. :(

• Like 1

ROFL

A short extract from the linked article....

Poel told council a "strong connection" exists between homosexuality and paganism....

I would suggest there is a strong connection betwen Poel's neural functions, and those of a courgette.

• Like 1

ROFL

A short extract from the linked article....

I would suggest there is a strong connection betwen Poel's neural functions, and those of a courgette.

He confused paganism and christianity I think....... homosexual and pedophiles are part of church culture.

Anyway homosexual is nothing to be ashamed of and there is no "rule" in "paganism" which says that homosexual are inferioir to heterosexual compared to christianity.

Edited by hellwyr

Oh boy, what century is this?

From the article:

"Do you want it to be your legacy that you are the ones who opened the door in this community to make Front Royal a haven for witchcraft, fortunetelling and other pagan practices?" Centrella asked council.

Oh dear..... I think all the pages should gather there and start a massive spell.

Normally I find fortune telling and the like to be nothing but pointless prestidigitation, but with the backward and offensive way these people seem to think, I think all the pagans and gypsies should spend some time there.

Normally I find fortune telling and the like to be nothing but pointless prestidigitation, but with the backward and offensive way these people seem to think, I think all the pagans and gypsies should spend some time there.

But do you believe or accept freedom of religion? That's the real question!