Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN peacekeepers surrender

RoofGardener

Interesting developments on the Golan Heights.

A whole bunch (around 50) Fijian UN 'Peacekeepers' have been captured - along with all of their equipment - by Al-Quada affiliated rebel groups on the Golan Heights. The groups now control the crossing into Israel.

Once more, the total impotance of the UN in the Middle East is highlighted. And we wonder why Israel doesn't trust them ?

Except..... Al Quada may be in for a nasty suprise. It appears that - unlike the Fijians - the 70-odd strong Filipino contingent have no intention of surrendering, and - indeed - are planning on seriously Frappe' l' derrier of the rebel groups.

Their commanding officer, sitting in a comfortable armchair several thousand miles from the combat zone said.... well.... you can read it yourself.

Guardian Newspaper article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Earl.Of.Trumps

• RoofGardener

I saw it but I don't get it.

"The groups now control the crossing into Israel."

I thought Golan *was* Israel. did I miss some give-back along the way of the decades, or something?

Umm.. there has been a UN force on the Golan Heights for quite some time now ?. Possibly since the Yom Kippur attack ?

Umm.. there has been a UN force on the Golan Heights for quite some time now ?. Possibly since the Yom Kippur attack ?

:cry: There has been....? Lord, where have I been?

Any Syrians live there? any Israelis live there? I feel like I just stepped out of a time warp machine,for gawd's sake