Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Blair Witch' director makes Bigfoot movie

UM-Bot

The man behind the 1999 found-footage film is returning to the woods with his new movie 'Exists'.

When it first came out, Eduardo Sanchez's 'The Blair Witch Project' was considered to be a fresh and unusual take on the traditional horror flick. Filmed entirely on low budget cameras the movie followed the terrifying experiences of its three protagonists as they found themselves being hunted by something in the woods.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-bigfoot-movie

• Like 3

I hope there is a cameo appearance from the Mountain Monsters crew.. :w00t:

• Like 1

Well I loved the Blair Witch project, so hope this Bigfoot film will be good. The 3 main characters in The Blair Witch Project had some great chemistry between them that I think will be very difficult for team to recreate.

• Like 5

Well a bad movie that spawned a whole genre of equally bad movies,at least we won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

The first time I watched Blairwitch Project I did not like it but the 2nd time alone in my house with the lights switched off it was a whole different movie. I hope his new work will just as good.

I didn't like Blair Witch Project as it didn't make any sense and I was so fed up looking up at the woman's dribbling nose! I hated the fact the ending was so rubbish and had her screaming. Then the sequal came out later on and that was a bit better, although that team was an awful bunch of people.

I hope this one about Bigfoot is 100% better.

Edited by Red Howler
  • Like 1

Blair Witch was fresh, something we hadn't seen before. Now, the found footage thing has been literally done to death.

It's become annoying and headache inducing

• Like 2

That must be a BIG bigfoot to put that giant tree upside down into that car.

exists-poster.jpg

Edited by DieChecker

Well I loved the Blair Witch project, so hope this Bigfoot film will be good. The 3 main characters in The Blair Witch Project had some great chemistry between them that I think will be very difficult for team to recreate.

The actors were unknown at the time, that's what contributed to the veil of mystery surrounding the film. Eduardo Sànchez was looking for 'simple people' who could improvised because there was a lot of it in the script.

I am not sure what to expect of this bigfoot film. No doubt I will end up watching it but not sure what my expectations are. That's the thing, I didn't know anything about the Blair Witch Project and as a result it had quite an effect on me like no horror movie I had seen before. It felt genuine and you just don't get that in horror movies these days.

Edited by sam_comm

I thought they did a good job on the Blair Witch Project and also The Last Broadcast but of course, that one had a completely different feel to it but same concept. The fact that when it was released, they hadn't mentioned yet that it was fiction so we didn't know if this was a true story or not and the news clippings and witnesses looked completely believable. When the movie was over, I hadn't heard an audience that quiet since I saw Selena four years earlier...

BWP was indeed a boring film and not creepy at all. I watched it twice and once in a synchronisized Version (German) which made it even ridiculous.

The script for this Bigfoot-Movie is obvious:

- a group of nervous teenagers

- huge footprints

- big heaps of faeces with (human) bones in it

- roaring noises, grope in the dark

- ape-like shadows here and there, movement in the bushes

- a thunderstorm to explain all these flashes

- panic and uncontrolled fleeing

It is surely difficult to make a scary movie nowadays, even with high budget.

My favorites are still the old classics like Halloween, Alien, Hellraiser, The Thing, The Evil Dead (Part 1 of each).

Edited by Katzenking

Blair witch was OK not great...

about as good as Paranormal activity...

i never saw part 2.. i might have to watch that..

I have to admit, I never did make it through the Blair witch movie. Bored me to tears but that's just me and I certainly mean no offense to anyone that liked it or was able to watch the entire movie. Hopefully the Bigfoot movie will be better.

I wont pay to see this movie at the theaters, I'll wait till its on TV - the thing that already ruins it for me is the whole "sexy teens on a weekend getaway" - the target audience and therefore the writing/direction for the film is too obvious

however, I think the film would have been way cooler if it were about the BFRO or those Mountain Monsters guys on a weekend getaway - it would have been really great to see their bones in a pile of Bigfoot feces

BEST - Ron

• Like 1

... I was so fed up looking up at the woman's dribbling nose! ...

Lol! That is what I remember, her annoying incessant sniffling. I was thinking when I first read about this I hope the next lead has a drn box of tissues in her pocket! I did like BW at first, but then it eventually tanked for me.

PA didn't do it for me either.

• 1 month later...

I was living in the East Bay of the San Francisco area when the Blair Witch decided to become famous. A co-worker at Marin General Hospital said I must see this. He raved about it. Being strapped for cash I decided to attend an afternoon showing that is usually cheaper. When I got to the complex I couldn't find a parking space so I went home. This made me mad. I checked the papers and found they were going to have a midnight showing. Since I function better in the dark, I thought I would spring for a ticket. So I plopped a few cans of Bud in my purse and left early. I get there, park and walk up to the ticket window. There was no one there, but many people were milling about inside. A young girl in her teens motioned me in. I had a 10 in my hand to pay, but no one would take my money. Fine. I get to a seat and think they will nail me later. I pop open a can, sit back and relax. Things start out fine, but progress backwards. I suddenly find myself sitting in my families living-room being forced to suffer through yet another one of my parents ballet productions back when I was 6. Oh my how I hate that old super 8, and I am beginning to wish I had stashed some scotch in my open bar purse. I finally reach the point where I don't care if the characters live, die or just start throwing poop at each other. Actually that I might have stayed for. So I leave happy in the knowledge that no one asked me for the 10 that I can now spend on more beer or maybe cat food.

On Monday at work I feared the worst. Will I be cornered and asked to say how I just loved that film? I try to remain invisible. No such luck. I am questioned by a fellow drone as I pass their cube. Hey, did you see the BWP yet? My mouth opens but nothing comes out. I am an Aries and lying in not my thing. Thank God I had no words as she just jumped right in and said she and her husband saw it and hated it. Oh thank you great and wise powerful one. I have found an allay. So do I think I will be attending the Big of Foot convention? No, I'm a size 6 and suspect I will not fit in.

Edited by MidnightLady

• 1 year later...

Exists had one thing in it's favor. It had the most realistic representation of a Bigfoot that I've ever seen. It looked exactly like I would expect it to look if I ran across it in the woods. Very. very good.

• Like 1

Exists had one thing in it's favor. It had the most realistic representation of a Bigfoot that I've ever seen. It looked exactly like I would expect it to look if I ran across it in the woods. Very. very good.

It was pretty cool looking. Its not a bad movie for a creature feature kinda flick.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first that I've heard of it. Seems to be more elusive than the creature, itself. Better contact P.R.

• 4 weeks later...