Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A brute-force hacking?

ambelamba

Someone did it. And pervs around the world are rejoicing. I see Apple stock hitting the rock bottom.

And I don't think this is for some simple extortion, although the hacker is demanding a tidy sum.

Just typed in icloud celebrity hack into google and it seems to be true. Hundreds of celebrity nudes were leaked online. Just goes to show that if you don't want something leaked, never it put it any digital media connected to any kind of network. Even cameras and video recorders can be stolen.

That being said, still a messed up thing to do to these people.

I think sometimes of a world where the human body in all it's anatomy and variety of animation is not salacious fodder but just matter of fact valid contribution to the nature of the human condition. Extortion is invalidated if nobody feigns "shock and horror" at celebrities in all their glory - it's not like there are that many of us that can really honestly claim the "high ground" on the potential to be caught in "compromising" positions.

Since GPU's got very powerful ( with all those extra processing cores ) - cracking all sorts of protections has become reality :)

• Like 1

Since GPU's got very powerful ( with all those extra processing cores ) - cracking all sorts of protections has become reality :)

...GPUs?

On an interesting observation I made simply searching this up. They look like every other woman when they aren't enveloped in makeup and such. I never really understood placing another human being on a podium and almost worshipping them. We really are all just human.

On the note of this happening I think it is a serious breach of privacy. Although linking your nude photos to iCloud is just plain stupid. Let alone storing these revealing photos of yourself on a storage device with pretty much constant connection with the outside world... Let it be a lesson.

Edited by Orcseeker
  • Like 3

...GPUs?

On an interesting observation I made simply searching this up. They look like every other woman when they aren't enveloped in makeup and such. I never really understood placing another human being on a podium and almost worshipping them. We really are all just human.

On the note of this happening I think it is a serious breach of privacy. Although linking your nude photos to iCloud is just plain stupid. Let alone storing these revealing photos of yourself on a storage device with pretty much constant connection with the outside world... Let it be a lesson.

Graphic cards, since ATI HD5970 ( which has 3200 processing cores ) - thanks to that new GPU architecture and work done by Ivan Golubev around year 2010 - the time needed to 'brute force' all sorts of protections, hash, passwords - dropped by far. 'oclHashcat' tool, for example, has support for up to 128 gpu's :)

People make their private stuff public, no one force them to do it really. All sorts of abuse are possible with so much information on servers this days but majority use them daily.

I've seen several news networks talk about this. They talk about:

Making sure you use tough passwords

Make sure you use multiple passwords

How horrible it is that someone hacked this

How horrible it is that websites published these pics.

But they did not even once mention how these girls should not have taken these pics.

I don't think stronger passwords is the solution to making sure this doesn't happen again. I think the answer is to use a digital camera if you must take nudes of yourself. Don't use your phone or tablet. It's best if you do not take these pics at all.

...GPUs?

I think the attraction with men wanting to see celebrities boobs is similar to when a guy works with an attractive girl and would like to see her boobs. They figure they never will and then "Voila", there they are online for all to see.

I agree that most movie stars are not any more attractive than many girls we all know. It's amazing what all the makeup and fancy clothes will do.

I'm willing to bet that most of the celebrities who got their photos leaked had offers from Playboy. Just think, if they had taken the offers they could have released better photos that showed less and gotten money for them, then no one would have cared about the leaked photos. Plus the hacked photos would then be worthless for the hackers.

Edited by Odin11

I'm willing to bet that most of the celebrities who got their photos leaked had offers from Playboy. Just think, if they had taken the offers they could have released better photos that showed less and gotten money for them, then no one would have cared about the leaked photos. Plus the hacked photos would then be worthless for the hackers.

I like your solution. All female celebrities should pose for Playboy to combat hackers. :clap:

Something doesn't add up. They say the hacking has been done OVER 1~3 years. And I noticed that some photos of a certain actress were taken before she got really famous, and they were hacked from iCloud, which was founded around 2011? Some photos were taken way before that.

Graphic cards, since ATI HD5970 ( which has 3200 processing cores ) - thanks to that new GPU architecture and work done by Ivan Golubev around year 2010 - the time needed to 'brute force' all sorts of protections, hash, passwords - dropped by far. 'oclHashcat' tool, for example, has support for up to 128 gpu's :)

People make their private stuff public, no one force them to do it really. All sorts of abuse are possible with so much information on servers this days but majority use them daily.

Whoa never knew you could use GPUs to brute force. Interesting

I think the attraction with men wanting to see celebrities boobs is similar to when a guy works with an attractive girl and would like to see her boobs. They figure they never will and then "Voila", there they are online for all to see.

I agree that most movie stars are not any more attractive than many girls we all know. It's amazing what all the makeup and fancy clothes will do.

Yeh that is a good point there. The same goes for some models.

I see the FBI is 'probing' this issue.

How come the FBI didn't care when my Paypal account was hacked?

Probably down to the fact that these people have some powerful contacts. Double standards huh?

I see the FBI is 'probing' this issue.

How come the FBI didn't care when my Paypal account was hacked?

You might not look as good in lingerie. They likely had to draw straws to investigate this one.

• Like 1

I might be wrong , but I don't think these guys cracked the password they might have exploited some other bug in the cloud which doesn't require password. Anybody knows any better?

• Like 1