Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeder

Ancient Treasure Found in Nile River cemetery

6 posts in this topic

'Evil Eye' Box and Other Ancient Treasures Found in Nile River Cemetery

A 2,000-year-old cemetery with several underground tombs has been discovered near the Nile River in Sudan.

Archaeologists excavated several of the underground tombs, finding artifacts such as a silver ring, engraved with an image of a god, and a faience box, decorated with large eyes, which a researcher believes protected against the evil eye.

Villagers discovered the cemetery accidently in 2002 while digging a ditch near the modern-day village of Dangeil, and archaeological excavations have been ongoing since then. The finds were reported

http://www.livescience.com/47306-nile-river-cemetery-discovered.html

Also found a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlcbcVNUCc

3 people like this

Fascinating discovery. I'll have to look into the "Archers loose" some more. This is the first I've heard of it.

1 person likes this

I absolutely love everything that has to do with Egypt. I hope that in my life time, I'll be able to travel there.

Interesting, but I think the word 'Treasure' is stretching it a bit. Also this site is called Unexplained Mysteries, many stories including this one are hardly that. I guess I'm feeling picky today, sorry. :)

Let's see.... A "party bowl" of conjoined bowls near a cemetery. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

The region is rich in artifacts and discoveries, sometimes feels like you could travel out there, dig a random hole and find something. Always nice when you hear they have found a tomb or other chamber that hasn't been looted at some point in history.

1 person likes this