Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Why don't we see ghosts of dinosaurs?"

Jilliman

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Seemingly so, ...

"There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye"

-- Neil Young 

Edited by OrdinaryClay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I guess that a perk of not having a belief system, 

Such a person does not exist. Just claiming you don't believe in X, Y or Z does mean you don't have a belief system. You have filters, confirmation bias, presumptions and prejudices just like every other human.

52 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Jacques Vallee proposes a similar hypothesis that some intelligent force is manipulating humanity with paranormal experiences. The biggest difference is he doesn't make an exception for religious experiences.

The difference is not germane given that the similarities far overshadow the difference. Nor are the differences germane to the puppet master as long as the orchestra plays on.

13 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Such a person does not exist. Just claiming you don't believe in X, Y or Z does mean you don't have a belief system. You have filters, confirmation bias, presumptions and prejudices just like every other human.

True, but not as many as you do. 

1 hour ago, OrdinaryClay said:

The difference is not germane given that the similarities far overshadow the difference. Nor are the differences germane to the puppet master as long as the orchestra plays on.

The difference is despite fitting the criteria of both deception and manipulation you believe your "deceiver".

I ve seen dinosaurs in my dreams, they're usually nightmarishly scary, maybe that was a dinosaur ghost who couldn't move on in after death because he knew they would dig up his bones one day and make him an amusement park act.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:19 AM, OrdinaryClay said:

One can have beliefs without having a belief system. A belief is something a person feels is true/right, a belief system is what a group of people feel is true/right. A person's personal moral code is a belief, a religion is a belief system. I, for example, do not follow the belief system of any religion, but I do have beliefs. 

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2014 at 6:47 PM, Astral Hillbilly said:

It's because I don't believe animals have souls. Even if they do, they aren't self aware, so they'd have no reason to come back or hang around.

Some are self aware.

Elephants and other animals have had coloured  spots applied to their bodies, which they could not ordinarily see. They have obviously ignored these, until seeing themselves in a mirror, when they have attempted to remove them. Proving they recognise themselves in a mirror. So they are sentient and aware of their own existence.

I think that if it had not been for the asteroid, dinosaurs would be ruling the earth just now.

Edited by eugeneonegin

2 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

One can have beliefs without having a belief system. A belief is something a person feels is true/right, a belief system is what a group of people feel is true/right. A person's personal moral code is a belief, a religion is a belief system. I, for example, do not follow the belief system of any religion, but I do have beliefs. 

You are simply wordsmithing.

A belief system is a set of beliefs. A person is a group of size 1. You have a belief system which happens to exclude what you have defined as religion.

Just had a thought about this this has crossed my mind before.I have seen ghosts of dogs, even had one wag its tail at me.Also ghosts of people (they were in different luminositys)I think ghosts are something to do with evolution.Dino's went too bright,same with lizards in modern times,so they had no awareness of an afterlife,they just lived off of insticnt ,maybe the same with cavemen.Wind time on a few million years,with the Neolithic and tales of indigionous tribes,there were always tales of spirits both people and animals....evoloution.Along came religion and the rulers,kings,queens,sultans etc and manipulated peoples beliefs so,when they died they were scared to cross over(its a different dimension,has to be)so they are trapped and anguished .They say that the human spirit is "recorded" on the central nervous system and when the material body dies is released,this I think is a kind of electrical energy ,but not a type known but can be detected by evp meters.They are making new technology all the time like full spectrom cameras and such like to help with this...I've seen ghosts so I'm an agnostic

Ian

• Like 1

Intriguing...  self awareness as a requirement for residual spiritual manifestation...

• Like 1

Humans, so weird to say it :), in all their arogancy and religious beliefs have adopted belief that animals have no souls, they have no dreams and they, as a result, do not go to heaven.

As one quote referenced in Civilization 6 game, by Will Rogers : '' If there are no Dogs in Heaven, when i die i want to go where they went. ''

We do not see ghosts in general because even if they existed they are not part of this reality. Who knows, they might be making their homes in Dark Matter.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2014 at 1:40 AM, DanteHoratio said:

Maybe because after a while, ghost just fade away? Maybe that's why we never seen any Roman Soldier ghost or Cavemen ghost or even Dino Ghost because after a very long time, they just faded away.

Not true,there are numerous sightings of roman ghosts.

On 04/08/2017 at 3:38 PM, quiXilver said:

Intriguing...  self awareness as a requirement for residual spiritual manifestation...

The devil is a hoax perpetrated by Hebrews to shun the pagan horned god

Mind you having started this thread,I rember one of the first apparitions I encountered reminded me of a mouse,if what something of an invisibility

• Like 1

yea, the devil... what a tool... what a power play to have planted the idea that all the evil in the world is not from our own nature, but somewhere 'outside us'. 

I have always seen the Christian devil in a myriad of filters. 

One certainly seems to be to supplant the horned god of the pagans the christians so desperately wanted to appropriate and control.

More insidiously, the devil as a mental construct is a way to 'externalize and separate our own dark impulses from our responsiblity' and as such is one of the more damaging sub-conscious process in the West in my experience.  Through an external ideation of evil, we get to pawn off all our own personal dark impulses on some projected, external force, giving us a very self effacing, yet damaging 'free ride' from having to accept responsibility of all that is within us by the old decree 'the devil made me do it' 

In my world, the devil is me, is you.  There is no external devil.  We are it.

Elaine Pagals lost her husband... I believe it was on their honeymoon.  The act drove her to explore the history of evil in our culture and the result, she wrote an enlightening book: The Origins of Satan.

I'm coming to really appreciate Jung's take on this too the older I get:  we do not achieve unity consciousness and wholeness/healing by shunning the dark aspects of our nature and living/poretending only in the pleasant and shiny aspects of our selves... we reach wholeness by bringing awareness to our darkness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2014 at 10:17 PM, stevemagegod said:

I have thought of this as well and my theory is that Dinosaur "Spirits" are what we think of as "Demons". Many beliefs say that Demons are stronger then the normal Human Spirits that most of us encounter because they have had thousands of years to develop and gather energy and strength. When people ask them questions they often say they have never had a Human body so logic suggests that these demons could be the "Ancient Dinosaur Spirits".

There is absolutely nothing 'logical' about evil demon dinosaur spirits. I almost spit me coffee out on that one.

Edited by xxxdemonxxx

I was fighting dinos ( t-rexes, triceratops  and stegosauruses) in my dreams when I was 7 and 8 years old. back before I even knew what they were  ( 50+ years ago ) maybe the dino ghosts finally evolved enough to be promoted to haunting dreams instead of reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I was fighting dinos ( t-rexes, triceratops  and stegosauruses) in my dreams when I was 7 and 8 years old. back before I even knew what they were  ( 50+ years ago ) maybe the dino ghosts finally evolved enough to be promoted to haunting dreams instead of reality.

Nice!  That is an awesome concept!  What a great story I'm going to weave for my son to play with on that premise. 

Thanks mate!  I'll give you credit.

This is my belief:

Humans and animals who die are reborn, typically after 30 years or so for humans as far as I've read, and you can be reborn as another animal than you were in your previous life. 65 million years is a very long time, almost all dinosaurs would have been reborn countless times and ghosts usually show themselves in the form they had in their last life so even though they might in the spirit world recall being a dinosaur in a life a long, long time ago, they wouldn't show themselves as a dinosaur, and would probably not feel much as a dinosaur either after all this time.

Then there is also the thing that after a number of rebirths you don't have to be reborn anymore because you have learned everything you were supposed to learn, you become a kind of angel. I don't know if life as a dinosaur can be the last life in the rebirth cycle, or if you need to always be reborn after having lived as a dinosaur. If it can be the last life, there may be dinosaur angel spirits up there but as angels they are probably in a high realm far from us, and also they didn't have contact with us humans during their lifetime. These things together lead to that they don't appear to us often. It could also be that when you are an angel you feel more like a formless being of energy than a particular animal such as a dinosaur or a human, and therefore you don't show yourself as a dinosaur, especially since it would feel a bit weird for the human you are showing yourself to if you showed yourself as a dinosaur.

Edited by fred_mc

Would you recognize a dinosaur ghost if you saw one?  The air you breathe has been exchanged through plants and animals from times way before the dinosaurs. A tyrannosaur  could have breathed that air.  The water you drink was once sipped by a Triceratops or swum through by a plesiosaur.  Everything you eat was once part of ancient plants and animals.  Lifeforms come and go but potassium, calcium, carbon, and oxygen stay around forever and migrate through many forms.  Look in the mirror.  You are a composite, recycled creature full of the ghosts of every life form that has preceded you including dinosaur ghosts.