Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should Canada indict Bush?

vimjams

Here's something I think ought to be taken seriously...I know I do and would if only I had influence in Canada.

When U.S. President George W. Bush arrives in Ottawa — probably later this year — should he be welcomed? Or should he be charged with war crimes?

It's an interesting question. On the face of it, Bush seems a perfect candidate for prosecution under Canada's Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes Act.

This act was passed in 2000 to bring Canada's ineffectual laws in line with the rules of the new International Criminal Court. While never tested, it lays out sweeping categories under which a foreign leader like Bush could face arrest.

Wouldn't that be just the ticket...I'm sure there are plenty of decent people around to enforce it

Story Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...d=1100517502971

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

Edited by vimjams

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• vimjams

• Celumnaz

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but it would just never happen. Bush will never be held accountable for any of things that he has done wrong, and Canada certainly wouldn't try. There is too much at stake for Canada to even consider such a thing.

Would never happen. Canada and the US are too interdependant for any Canadian prime minister to order the arrest of an American president.

EdIt: I should have said Canada is to dependant on the US....plus I don't think there is any world leader dumb enough to try something like that.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

That is unfortunate

However, I hope things will be quite different here in the UK sometime in the near future. And criminals like Blair face trial and Bush is no longer welcomed by the State.

vimjams

ph34r.gif

I can't wait for Bush to show up. People here are p***ed, this isn't going to be a walk in the park for him.

He's scheduled to be here on November 30 and December 1st.

I can't wait for Bush to show up. People here are p***ed, this isn't going to be a walk in the park for him.

He's scheduled to be here on November 30 and December 1st.

360102[/snapback]

Hey Dis, you are welcome to keep him for as long as you want...He's all yours as far as I'm concerned...

Hey Dis, you are welcome to keep him for as long as you want...He's all yours as far as I'm concerned...

360106[/snapback]

grin2.gif No thanks.

Last time though, he didn't come at all. Cancelled at the last minute. I'm glad he's actually showing up this time. devil.gif

On Bush's last visit to Australia he addressed Parliament...when he did a few of the party's turned their backs on him during his speech laugh.gif

I don't think there is any world leader dumb enough to try something like that.

360096[/snapback]

Well...actually there is, one. w00t.gif Do you think he could reach as far as to arrest himself?

Anything is possible grin2.gif

I'd be happy if the US put Clinton and Kerry in prison before I start worrying what Canada wants to do.

Man i can't wait for Bush to come here.

360365[/snapback]

Bush should certainly stay away from South Africa. Apparently he received so much hate-mail from here before the election that they blocked South Africans from visiting his web site.

I dont think that he is the main culprit though. He is simply a puppet. The REALLY dangerous people are Rumsfeldt, Wolfowitsch and Rice. Strange thing is: the whole world can see right through these people - while so many Americans can`t. I wonder if there is really such a thing as mass-hypnosis. Certainly looks like it.

When the Germans look back today they can`t believe they supported Adolf Hitler. The same will eventually happen in the US. I just hope they wake up before its too late.

360365[/snapback]

I. Strange thing is: the whole world can see right through these people - while so many Americans can`t. I wonder if there is really such a thing as mass-hypnosis. Certainly looks like it.

360602[/snapback]

There is such a thing as subliminal programming through certain tv channels with Secondary Audio Programming (SAP). It explains a lot of irrational mass reactions, and is a part of a program called PHOENIX run by the CIA & NSA since 1990. w00t.gifohmy.gif

Bush should be locked up before Clinton of Kerry...

Canada is a neutral country (except in their hatred for Bush's reign) so I don't see it happening at all...

And another thing, I agree with Fluffy....keep him, arrest him, whatever, just don't let us have him back.

You'd think Americans would have smartened up knowing that the whole world wants Bush out of office. And that he hasn't made near as many jobs as there should have been. And that he basically started War...lol, I would keep going but I'll just get all p***ed off again.

Americans think the rest of the world is wrong while America is right...scary that 60 million Americans can p*** off a world of 6 billion....and can keep him in office.

Americans think the rest of the world is wrong while America is right...scary that 60 million Americans can p*** off a world of 6 billion....and can keep him in office.

Or, to be more exact, half of Americans can p*** of a world of 6 billion tongue.gif Given he only won by a very norrow 51% of the vote or so...so I'd say half of America joins the rest of the world in the realm of sanity, in wanting the crazy moron out of office tongue.gif