Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

could someone fall in love with a spirit ?

LostSouls7

Is it possible or someone who plays a lot with the ouija board

to meet a ghost or spirit of the opposite sex who is attractive and

also everything they ever wanted?

also is it possible to fall in love with a ghost or spirit via ouija board?

would a spirit relationship me even better than the human thing???

also after you die.. it's like your soul mate is already waiting for you

in the spirit realm right ?

a shame you tied all this in with something as ridiculous as a ouija board :(

yes ... it can be.

No ... if what you are implying here is an extension of your original premise.

Your soul mate is already here , within you (see the myth of the gemini twins for one explanation ), death is the uniting.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Constellations/Gemini.html

• Like 2

......No. You are alive in the real world; seek relations with real people, not spooks. At least with real people you can more readily tell when they are being untruthful.

(I do not buy into the whole spirit thing mind you but looking to a immaterial realm to fulfill your relationship needs is both misguided and dangerous.)

• Like 3

That's just creepy....

• Like 2

'Creepy', 'misguided' or 'dangerous' ... it has been an age old human dynamic ... from the earliest myth through to its 'dynamic' in modern psychology.

A little in depth study reveals that what most of us are attracted to in a person , as regards a 'soul mate' (dont forget the original post context here) is equally 'illusory' , even on the level of two 'real' people. It is actually based on an internal dynamic that is projected out onto others ... something, of course, another cannot fulfill ( there is a certain period between the realisation that someone is a 'divine partner' to dis-illusion - they snore, leave the toilet seat up ... dont put the lid on the toothpaste ... and breath through their nose making a disgusting noise ;) ).

Of course, they were human all along.

Liz Greene says it is probably healthy psychologically to have a person like this in your like, but it might be better to never have a personal relationship with them ... enjoy it from afar .... but no stalking !

Of course, it is far better to work it within the self's psychological dynamics

Sun+Moon+Tattoos4.jpg

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 4

I fell in love with God so its very possible. Falling in love with your own spirit is amazing. One of my extended family members fell in love with Selena and they are married now... I'm actually telling the truth. I haven't seen it, I just heard about it.

All in all, the answer is YES, no matter what anybody has to say about it, it has been done, and it'll happen again one day.

blessings

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2

If the spirit boyfriend/girlfriend disappears for a long period of time and then comes back like nothing happened I wonder where they will say that they've been.

a shame you tied all this in with something as ridiculous as a ouija board :(

yes ... it can be.

No ... if what you are implying here is an extension of your original premise.

Your soul mate is already here , within you (see the myth of the gemini twins for one explanation ), death is the uniting.

http://www.constella...ons/Gemini.html

I disagree we our souls exist on multiplelanes

Jesus Christ, on the long list of bad things to poke at on the spooky side of the street, spectrophilia, especially via ouija, is near the top.

There are "kosher" ways to probe at the spirit world that have their own rubber insulation wrapped around them. Usually they all boil down to some form of cleromancy, "casting lots." Throwing dice, or flipping to a random passage in a sacred text, or even dreams to a certain extant all share a contained chaos. It's the patterns that emerge in the chaos that indicate some sort of ordered response from a higher power.

Ouija boards work differently, and its funny that you should ask this specific question. A ouija spirit works through an almost sexual connection of control. Instead of the ordered chaos of the universe directing the way a lot falls, the ouija takes advantage of the various fluctuations of your own living body. It's literally impossible to be completely still, even corpses have a degree of twitch left to them for a while. A ouija spirit Swayze's those subtle movements to guide your body into selecting letters on the board. And it does all of this because you gave it your permission.

Dark things--seductive things--work through ouija boards because we are fundamentally wired to crave an intimate connection with another individual. And ouija boards are an open invitation to them--the name literally comes from the French and Germans words for "yes." Casting lots is a practice so sacred that even gods observe it, nothing false can be said through it (though the interpretation can be wrong). But a ouija may be the only form of divination that can outright lie to a living human.

Sex, intimacy, and the indescribable comfort of a human touch are things meant for the living to ensure that life may go on. The dead feel no need to entice the living in any way. They've got time to wait and it's not as though we won't rendezvous with them at some point any way. That's why you should never trust anything that speaks through a ouija.

• Like 2

I fell in love with a co-worker and she still doesn`t know I have sex with her quit often. The imagination is good and bad, use it wisely.

• Like 2

I fell in love with a co-worker and she still doesn`t know I have sex with her quit often. The imagination is good and bad, use it wisely.

Safest on the job romance possible :)

it is possible to love anything and everything...

I still proffer a body that giggles when I tickle them . :D

• Like 2

If the spirit boyfriend/girlfriend disappears for a long period of time and then comes back like nothing happened I wonder where they will say that they've been.

Had to work late ... then I got this flat tyre ... and wouldn't you know it ? - the spare was flat :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I disagree we our souls exist on multiplelanes

Disagree with who ? Who said that?

I am not even sure what you mean ?

shapeimage_3.png

Looks too trashy for my soul to hang out at .

And so ... you decided to use it most unwisely did you ?

And so ... you decided to use it most unwisely did you ?

Not at all. I think an active imagination is a good thing as long as you don`t let it get the upper hand ;)

Aren't you the guy who's all about hating the concept of love?

• 2 years later...
On 03/10/2014 at 11:44 AM, back to earth said:

'Creepy', 'misguided' or 'dangerous' ... it has been an age old human dynamic ... from the earliest myth through to its 'dynamic' in modern psychology.

A little in depth study reveals that what most of us are attracted to in a person , as regards a 'soul mate' (dont forget the original post context here) is equally 'illusory' , even on the level of two 'real' people. It is actually based on an internal dynamic that is projected out onto others ... something, of course, another cannot fulfill ( there is a certain period between the realisation that someone is a 'divine partner' to dis-illusion - they snore, leave the toilet seat up ... dont put the lid on the toothpaste ... and breath through their nose making a disgusting noise ;) ).

Of course, they were human all along.

Liz Greene says it is probably healthy psychologically to have a person like this in your like, but it might be better to never have a personal relationship with them ... enjoy it from afar .... but no stalking !

Of course, it is far better to work it within the self's psychological dynamics

Sun+Moon+Tattoos4.jpg

Love is an intellectual construct and can be constructed around either a real person or an ideal.

I like this post and tend to agree with it

However my own relationship with my wife (married 41 years today, as it happens)   illustrates that idealism, and love based on an intellectual appreciation of another being,  can last a long time without changing or fading

Sure its harder to live with a real person who keeps shutting the toilet lid, and clearing the things off your dressing table, but it also has real benefits.

It isn't actually illusory for me, although the attraction is an idealised romantic one.  It is based on  an appreciation of qualities in my wife, which i recognised on meeting her, and further came to understand during a long engagement period. 72-76 

Those qualities of hard work, morality, integrity, courage, Independence etc.,  i sought because they existed in my mother and grandmothers, and other women in my extended clan,  but also in all the great heroines of literature and history.  

The fact that she was stunningly beautiful was just an added benefit, and would NOT have made for a long lasting marriage in itself. ( I had experienced short and longer relationships with a number of very beautiful women  but KNEW they would not have suited me as a life partner. )

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

On 03/10/2014 at 4:49 PM, ROGER said:

I still proffer a body that giggles when I tickle them . :D

I also tend to giggle when i am tickling someone. :) 

' Spirits '  giggle   .  

Edited by back to earth

19 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I was going to answer this otherwise interesting question, but you messed up the subject matter by weaving a ouija board into it ... for some reason ??? 

What?  Do you mean that, hypothetically, spirits could  exist, and you could have a relationship with them, but the idea of contacting them via an Ouija board is too passe for consideration? :)  Everyone has to start somewhere :)