Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does a psychic vision feel like?

AngelaMarie34

This happened a few months ago and I have been trying to find out anything I can about it and so far I don't have much to go on. This is my first post, so hello everyone, judging by what I've seen in the forums there are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge on a variety of different things so hopefully someone will be able to recognize what I experienced.

I guess some background might be helpful so I'll try to sum that up quickly with as much detail as possible. A few years ago my husband and I were separated and looking to divorce and I met this man who turned out to be problematic. He isn't all bad but he does have a history of violence, he drinks a lot, and when he wants to he can have quite a vicious personality. He has gotten the idea that I am "his other half" as he says. Throughout the time I've known him he has stalked me, mentally tormented me, threatened me, honestly I think he might be a sociopath based on his lying and manipulating and the fact that he seems to be completely unaffected emotionally by anything wrong he does. Also he is a witch, I have no problem with witchcraft at all but this is the kind of person who gives it a bad name.

So consciously I know he is not a good person, that's obvious. But for some reason I can't make myself completely cut him out of my life. I've tried. This is not something I normally have a problem with, I have successfully cut ties with much better people than him so that's something I dont quite understand and sometimes I think maybe he has done something magically to keep me attached to him somehow, but I don't really know. I do think that I have been effected by his self protection spells because he has admitted to doing them at times that corresponded to times that I very much wanted to be angry with him but just couldn't. Even when I told him my husband I got back together and he and I had no chance it didn't stop things, mentally anyway. So I know this is a bad person, I do not want to be involved with him, but I can't help being attracted to him even though a big part of me doesn't want to be.

So one day I was taking a nap and I had been dreaming right before I was woken up, the dream I had was nothing out of the ordinary. I was woken up because my husband came into the bedroom to get something out of his closet and was making noise. I was completely awake for at least 3-4 minutes and he is a witness to this, I remember everything we said to each other, had a short coherent conversation with him, checked my cell phone, watched him get whatever he was getting then when he was done he left the room and I was sitting up in bed and decided I might try to lay back down and go back to sleep. As I was still sitting up and just starting to lean back, I don't remember if my eyes were open or not but I want to say they were, I saw a black and white scene of me being dragged through the woods. I looked up to see who was dragging me and it was this guy I've told you about. When I looked at his face his eyes were totally black and he was looking at me with the most hateful, angry expression I could ever imagine and then it just stopped. As that was happening I felt something like a rush, almost like I was physically stunned for a second. Honestly, it's not so much what I saw, it's the manner in which it happened and that feeling of being stunned. Everything completely stopped around me and I could only focus on what I was seeing. What I saw scared me and bothered me so much that I was not able to go back to sleep. But the whole thing has bothered me since then.

I swear with every ounce of my being that I was awake. I have studied dreams and sleep psychology for almost 15 years and I am certain this was not a dream. The closest thing I can find is something called hypnagogia which is described as another realm of cognition that is usually fleeting and is defined as another stage of sleep usually happening in the transition period of wakefullness to sleep. But all the descriptions for hypnagogic hallucinations are of random things that make no sense maybe the last visual images you saw before closing your eyes, or basic shapes, or hearing your name called or hearing music before drifting off to sleep. I have found no descriptions of anything like this being so detailed as what I saw.

Also I have no personal history of any real psychic abilities. Only one time did I come even close when I had a very bad gut feeling prior to a car ride in which we had a pretty bad wreck, but I felt that stunned feeling then too, it was so strong it made me stop as I was reaching for the door handle of the car. Once in a great while I will have a dream that relates to something that ends up happening in real life later on but it's never anything very significant. And I have most definitely never experienced anything like this before.

Well, this turned out to be pretty long so I thank anyone who took the time to read it and I hope I can get some help figuring it out. It seems to be some sort of warning but I just don't understand how it happened and if it's really valid or not.

• Like 1

Good question, I've been wondering my self. I used to think psychic visions were like looking into the future like that's so raven, haha.

• Like 1

I don't want to say I'm a psychic because I'm not, however I have had a couple experiences that could be call psychic. There wasn't any feeling other than a sudden "knowing" something which just came out of no where really.

It came to you in black and white? That's different. If a vision came your way...you are the only interpreter...being it was meant for you. You yourself must determine how it applies to your life...ask and it will be given, seek and you shall find.

:yes:

Very very spooky story, seriously sleep with one eye open. Did you apply your knowledge of dream interpretation? (I know you weren't dreaming but it may be worth a try). In my life I've had dreams where I see into the future and when what I see in my dreams actually comes to fruition and I get an uneasy deja vu feeling despite whatever happened ended up being insignificant. I really don't want what you saw in the vision to happen to you. If you feel like you've been cursed or had a spell cast upon you ( Which i personally don't believe but acknowledge the possibility) look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about witch-craft, so I can't comment there.

I am not a trained psychologist, so this is not a medical opinion, but could you have a subconscious desire for this guy to come and drag you away from your circumstances? Dreams are based on desires and experiences. If this was not a dream, then to address your fear, I don't think this man will come drag you away in the night.

He could however, be a sociopath, so that is all the more that you need to use a disciplined approach to your own desires, for your own safety.

Best of luck to you!

• 2 years later...

I would say that, dream you had is some kind of a warning, which could indicate various things in relation to this male who is in or has been involved your life. Not good energy from him angry and violent, and he could hurt you. That's what I think. Where and why I have thought that, is because I do get visions and I do think, I have special abilities (psychic). Although I wasn't to sure at first, but there are things that I sense, in feeling, through thoughts, smell, hearing etc that I can't expain. I just know things, things that I can't expain..

scary thing here is that she just did that one post and disappeared from this site over 2 years ago...

as with Nikkita ... joining for that one post         resurrecting this one post after 2 years... ???   But it has only been a couple of days since Nikkita joined..  What drew you to this post ???

Edited by crystal sage

It can be a feeling......or in a dream......that is how it feels for me........even sometimes with people you have actually never met,through people close to them....

On 1/21/2017 at 7:23 PM, crystal sage said:

scary thing here is that she just did that one post and disappeared from this site over 2 years ago...

This happens quite a bit so I wouldn't worry about it all that much.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:47 AM, XenoFish said:

This happens quite a bit so I wouldn't worry about it all that much.

I worry though...

If i was u cut this guy out of ur life, it sounds like u saw ur own death and this guy will kill u. Very creepy plz get this guy ou of ur life as soon as possable

WHY DID THIS OLD TOPIC COME UP I HOPE THIS PERSON IS OK

Edited by coolguy

• 11 months later...

I have recently had an experience where I had woken up at 3 am and that is said to be the time when your spirit guide is strongest because the Vail is thinnest at that time and I had a vision of me and a man I've never seen before and I had a feeling of love and warmth I think this was my spirit guide telling me something and I think your spirit guide got to you and was letting you now that you need to look out for that guy and be careful around him even though this wasn't a 3 your spirit guide could have been trying to get your attention and to warn you