Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bermuda Triangle' in Transylvanian forest

UM-Bot

A notorious area of woodland in Romania has been home to countless tales of paranormal phenomena.

When it comes to stories of a supernatural persuasion the enigmatic region of Transylvania in Romania is most commonly associated with vampires, yet the Hoia Baciu forest situated outside the city of Cluj Napoca is perhaps even more notorious for its reputation as the world's most haunted forest.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ylvanian-forest

• Like 1

That darn Bermuda Triangle gets everywhere!!

• Like 2

Josh Gates and the crew from Destination Truth went there. I understand one of the crew got thrown backwards by some force. Have to order some of the episodes off of Amazon.

Maybe its some sort of portal or vortex.

• Like 3

Much of Romania is creepy. It's perhaps due to local folklore, and being a former Warsaw Pact country.

It's quite an enchanting country though. Most of the locals are friendly, the towns and villages rustic, and the countryside looks like something out of a faerytale.

• Like 1

Josh Gates and the crew from Destination Truth went there. I understand one of the crew got thrown backwards by some force. Have to order some of the episodes off of Amazon.

Maybe its some sort of portal or vortex.

Two of the best episodes of that show. I think the Return to Haunted Forest had Evan refusing to talk to Josh ever again.

The Bermuda Triangle has moved to Transylvania. Does this mean Dracula is on vacation in Bermuda. Boy, is he going to need some serious sunblock.

• Like 1

Much of Romania is creepy. It's perhaps due to local folklore, and being a former Warsaw Pact country.

It's quite an enchanting country though. Most of the locals are friendly, the towns and villages rustic, and the countryside looks like something out of a faerytale.

Sounds delightful, but I fear I would either get lost or now just vanish. North, now were is that again!
  • Like 1

Two of the best episodes of that show. I think the Return to Haunted Forest had Evan refusing to talk to Josh ever again.

Now, I find that interesting. I have seen that episode more than once. I think Ghost Adventures were there, and had their thing.

If you ever plan to visit Eastern, or Southeastern Europe; I can provide a list of neat places to go. I tend to favour the smaller villages, and countryside. Solitude, and peace; are more important to me on vacation. The mind gets a chance to soak in the beauty, and run wild with it.

Also, I know of some of the best castles in Europe to see. Most of them come with a haunted legend. Ecsed Castle is the best place to start. It was Erzsébet Báthory's (Elizabeth Bathory) old home.

Edited by Karasu
  • Like 1

twisted menacing trees?! I had a very vivid dream once in an area very similar to that... It wasnt a very nice dream at all. If my dream is the same place (sounds absurd I know) then this place is a portal to a not very nice place...

I was born in Cluj Napoca and have wondered with my dad through that forest numerous time. Never ever experienced anything other than pranks... That is it..pranksters and pranks.

Edited by qxcontinuum

If you ever plan to visit Eastern, or Southeastern Europe; I can provide a list of neat places to go. I tend to favour the smaller villages, and countryside. Solitude, and peace; are more important to me on vacation. The mind gets a chance to soak in the beauty, and run wild with it.

Also, I know of some of the best castles in Europe to see. Most of them come with a haunted legend. Ecsed Castle is the best place to start. It was Erzsébet Báthory's (Elizabeth Bathory) old home.

OMG ... Elizabeth Bathory, the female counterpart to Vlad lll The Impaler of Wallachia? Now there was a scary lady. Classified as the most prolific of serial killers it is believed that the death tole is around 650 victims. Though I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to explore the castle, I would be very cautious in my travels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

What exactly are 'menacing trees'?

:D

Those that tap at my windows on a dark and windy night.

Perhaps it has something to do with the magnetism there.. possibly the location is on point with a ley-line?

I'll look into this.. it's the first thing that popped into my mind.

Well.....

tumblr_lzkmnamoEy1qd1g7zo1_500.gif

Garland was a minor at the time. The trees should be arrested.

Well.....

tumblr_lzkmnamoEy1qd1g7zo1_500.gif

I find that disturbing to watch.......and watch........and watch.............................I'm a sick puppy!

:w00t:

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 1

OMG ... Elizabeth Bathory, the female counterpart to Vlad lll The Impaler of Wallachia? Now there was a scary lady. Classified as the most prolific of serial killers it is believed that the death tole is around 650 victims. Though I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to explore the castle, I would be very cautious in my travels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

It's creepy as hell inside.

• Like 1

Lets not forget that Vlad Dracul... was using impaling as a common torture method in those Medieval times to punish thieves, criminals and war captures while Elisabeth Batory was indeed blood thirsty sick and Satanistic oriented criminal.

These two figures cannot be compared aince the reasons and execution were very much different.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

Lets not forget that Vlad Dracul... was using impaling as a common torture method in those Medieval times to punish thieves, criminals and war captures while Elisabeth Batory was indeed blood thirsty sick and Satanistic oriented criminal.

These two figures cannot be compared aince the reasons and execution were very much different.

True, but that doesn't mean that Vlad Dracul wasn't a sick, and twisted psychopath.

• Like 1

True, but that doesn't mean that Vlad Dracul wasn't a sick, and twisted psychopath.

i think he was a "kid" comparing to the crimes commited by other kings worldwide. There are also many stories and legends of his fairness in judgment, helping the poor, reducing taxes, taking from rich. The society back then was extremely corrupt and nobils in special were mingling always to back stab all the unfavorable rulings to their pockets.

There were very harsh times and all the regions forming now Romania were separate kingdoms, some ruled by Vlad's siblings under the big threat of the Ottoman empire. kings were required to gain by all means including fear the mass trusteeship to be ready to fight and die for them and to achieve unification against the common enemy.

Vlad Dracul was really in our nation one of the best strategic leaders of his time. He was also descending from Mircea cel Batran one of the fearless heroes in or Romanian nation, legendary for winning numerous wars against Ottomans with a report of often 1 man vs 20 turks.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 3

i think he was a "kid" comparing to the crimes commited by other kings worldwide. There are also many stories and legends of his fairness in judgment, helping the poor, reducing taxes, taking from rich. The society back then was extremely corrupt and nobils in special were mingling always to back stab the unfavorable ruling to their pockets.

There were very harsh times and all the regions forming now Romania were separate kingdoms, some ruled by Vlad's siblings under the big threat of the Ottoman empire. kings were required to gain by all means including fear the mass trusteeship to be ready to fight and die for them and to achieve unification against the common enemy.

Vlad Dracul was really in our nation one of the best strategic leaders of his time. He was also descending from Mircea cel Batran one of the fearless heroes in or Romanian nation, legendary for winning numerous wars against Ottomans with a report of often 1 man vs 20 turks.

Again true, but violently executing men for whatever reason, still makes you sadistic and cruel. Even if you help the poor, reduce taxes, and unify a land; you're soul is pitch black if you willingly torture, and murder people.

What purpose is there if you help the world, but lose your soul in doing so?

Edited by Karasu