Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big Bomb

Bizarro

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• JoJoBinks

• Dowdy

• Shack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy Mother Of #$(#$#$*#$ AND $#*#*&$*#&**@(!!!!!

Psychological effects?! I am ready to surrender Right Now! All of Florida just did!!

Its got to be dropped from a C-130?!??!?!?!?!?!??!! WTF *#$**(#&@(*#&$!!!!!!!! What it wont fit in a B-1?!? B-52?!?

And I like how they said that the Earthquake people said it caused no seismic activity. Wouldn't that suck.

HEADLINES: A TEST WITH A NEW BOMB CAUSED A MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE AND FLORIDA SUNK INTO THE OCEAN TODAY...........................

I guess they are getting ready for China in case they decide to invade all of Asia, middle east, and Europe. With 200 million troops they'd just have to leave a million behind in each country for security. ohmy.gif

Man that's just crazy. You bet it's a deterrent, no bunker is safe laugh.gif

Let's just hope it works.

the test went as planned. i read an interesting note on the bomb, its a 10.5 megaton bomb- the a-bomb we dropped on Hiroshima was a 15 megaton bomb. that is one mean ass bomb.

Satire:

Clinton- Lets send a bunch of black clad Ninja's in there, oh that will scare em all to bloody hell!

Bush- (laughing at Clinton's idea) Ok boys, we are gonna build this huge bomb, and call it the MOFOoab(MOAB for the media). Then before we go to war with the next terrorist state, we'll test it in Florida and make sure the cloud goes up so high they can see it half way across the world. Sorta like them Roadrunner cartoons.

General- Ok boss, how big should we build this thing?

Bush- Whats the biggest plane we got can drop that MOFO-oab?

General- C-130

Bush- Aight, Lets do this Yo!

General- Word!!!

(Rest of the staff) WHAZZZZZAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Ok that might of been really stupid but it made me laugh for a second writing it so I am posting it. And the author of said satire claims no responsibility of anything that may have been directly or indirectly impacked said life or lives in general.

Subtitle: I dont Give a F**% if you liked it or not! biggrin.gif

supposedly, they taped the test and sent a copy of it to Iraq. they want to use it to scare troops into surrendering.

so your satire has some truth to it Jojo smile.gif

NOthing like hearing a loud boom in the middle of going to work. It was loud. I live 5 min from Eglin AFB. But we had no earthquake heheh.

I didn't see the plume of smoke though, I have been trapped inside work all day long.

Not too mention the site was about 20 min away from where I live.

However, on Sunday we had a plane crash into 2 houses in Valparaiso enroute from New MExico, there was an article about it. I think it was in CNN as well. Eglin is all about being in the news lately.

I lived in Titusville for a year, is that near there T?

Anyways I LOVE IT:

We test the MOFOoab..........Then say well, we MIGHT extend the deadline a LITTLE BIT..........for Iraq...........AND!!!!!!! We dont need no stinking allies like we dont need no badges to take you out and go to war!!!!!!!!!!

LOL and I love that those troops tried to surrender before the war starts.......Hey I am not against Iraq. I am sure they are good people. But I am against Iraq at the same time cuz if you take a country like a human, the brain is Saddam and needs to be killed or removed at the least.

Barry Maguire's 'Eve of Destruction' song comes to mind at the momment.

The bomb at hiroshima was 5 Kilotons of TNT

1000 kilotons = 1 megaton

So where did u come up with 15 megatons!!??!

According to Google - The Hiroshima bomb was somewhere between 10-20kilotons, and the bomb mentioned in the article is 18,000pounds, which is about 8-10 tons.

The new bomb is over a thousand times less powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, but still packs one hell of a punch.

i meant KILOTONS. sorry, sometimes my memory fails me when i read these articles. also, we don't use the metric system of measurement often in the USA and those prefixes all blend together in my mind smile.gif

it was a 10.5 kiloton blast- which is only slightly smaller than the Hiroshima bomb.

the destructiveness is not based on the weight of the bomb, Saruman,but rather the amount of TNT that the explosion equals.

thanks for waking me up, Dowdy. a 10.5 megaton blast is like one of those huge Russian hydrogen combo bombs. there would be no Florida panhandle if they dropped a bomb like that wink.gif

post-18-1047482872.jpg

The biggest bomb the russians detonated was a high altitude 52 megaton airburst - more or less to demonstrate that they could build a bomb that big, and they weren't scared to let it off.

The power of a nuke also has to do with the speed at which it detonates - they are much more efficient, exploding from what boils down to a single geometric point in space. to use your example - the hiroshima bomb was equivalent to approximately 15 thousand tons of TNT. while it occupied a single bomb, you'd need many a truck to haul that amount of TNT around, and if you piled it all together, it would not produce the same kind of destructive force that the atom bomb did, purely because it would take longer to detonate, and its explosive impulse would be much more dispersed, erupting from a gigantic mountain of explosives, and not a single point. This is why when ammunition factories explode, they do a lot of damage but they tend not to wipe out the surrounding area.

it would still be a ******g big explosion though, no doubt about that.

Here's a link to a site that shows a video of the bomb drop and explosion;

CLICK HERE

You'll need Real Player to view it.

omg, i hate realplayer. why is it that they update that stupid thing every week and try to con you into downloading a newer version? my version is now out of date and they want me to download another one? i refuse. it took me a week to figure out how to keep the last version from doing things i didnt want it to do. can you believe the version i downloaded 3 months ago doesnt have the capability to play this clip? hmm.

anything that attempts to slip by little features when you set it up on your computer isnt worth using at all. i swear, just installing realplayer is a pain, you have to seek and destroy all those useless features they try to bury away from your view.

that being said, does anyone have a vid of this in a 'real' format? laugh.gif

here is some more info on the nuke that russia did

Russian Nuke

although it doesn't say on the site, the shockwave circled the earth 3 times ohmy.gif

i did a research paper in college on the lingering effects of radioactivity from these nuclear tests- let me just say it would convert you to an environmentalist very quickly. most of the cancer cases around the world can be traced back to these above ground nuclear tests- the radioactivity peaked in the 60's and has been declining since. you probably have radioactive materials scattered about your home right now from these tests, no matter where you live in the world.

this Russian bomb shows how idiotic people can be. we may never know how many people its really killed or maimed just by being tested.

oh yeah, i almost forgot the scariest part. the way that radiation falls from the atmosphere is quite up to chance and sometimes it 'pools' into what they call a 'hotspot'. that is where the radiation all falls down into a tiny area due to the wind currents carrying it far away and then dropping it down to earth at once. these hotspots exist in all parts of the world and the radiation levels can be VERY dangerous and most are never discovered. often, a whole town will have a dramatically high rate of some serious birth defect or cancer before the hotspot is discovered. even when authorities find the hotspot, they may never tell you about it because there are so many of them and they dont want to create panic. your backyard could be a hotspot and you may never know its killing you and your family.

also, some people claim nuclear energy is safe and clean. not so at all, if you live within 50 miles of a nuclear plant you are exposing your family to very dangerous levels of radiation. governments have come up with a way to keep you believing that you are safe by classifying radiation exposure on some vague number that represents your exposure level over a period of time. what they fail to mention is that a person can only be exposed to a certain amount of radiation in their lifetime and that radiation exposure is cumulative- your body can only take a certain amount before it causes harm. most of us are already at the high edge of that cumulative exposure just by living on this earth and also from X-ray machines, radioactive devices, etc. if you live near a nuclear plant, the amount of radiation is said to be safe as a constant exposure, but if your body is at its peak, you will get cancer from it.

have a nice day biggrin.gif

Pathetic to see that people are still developping bombs like that.. dry.gif

An then there are some countries that are maing those bombs but sh** their pants when other countries also try it, and succeed.. I will not call nay names, but everyone knows who I mean...sad.gif

But still, the explosion of a nuke is one of the most beautiful and devastating things I ever saw. (no, not in real.. tongue.gif )

Odin

ya, and then there are little scrawny countries of mountains and ice who depend on the protection of larger nations. they have no real power of their own, be it culturally, economically, or militarily but they make good ice skaters.

their people are resigned to making condescending remarks about the very people who provide their protection. laugh.gif

ahh dammit, i thought you were from Norway, Odin.

let me rephrase my comment:

ya, then there are little countries with windmills and tulips that have no power of their own, other than drawing all the drug addicts and men looking for a good time to visit their country and to contract a sexually transmitted disease from a legalized whore.

the rest you can take from the last post. laugh.gif

*btw, i am just making a joke*

I think the Dutch are more lovers than fighters.

But I'm sure they do both if necessary. smile.gif