Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gilgo Beach Serial Killer

BrooklynGuy

So apparently an independent autopsy was done on Shannan Gilbert and the results were "consistent with homicidal strangulation" This bit of information comes as a complete surprise to me, as I have always been in the camp who believes that Shannan wandered off and died of some sort of exposure/accidental drowning.

Read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/12/us/new-york-shannan-gilbert-case/

• Like 1

If that's true about Gilbert being murdered and if her death is connected to the other LISK victims then the theory of the LISK being a cop(s) is a legitimate possibility.I'm not saying the killer is a cop(s) but it wouldn't surprise me if he is.May be the reason why the LISK had gone undetected for so many years.

If that's true about Gilbert being murdered and if her death is connected to the other LISK victims then the theory of the LISK being a cop(s) is a legitimate possibility.I'm not saying the killer is a cop(s) but it wouldn't surprise me if he is.May be the reason why the LISK had gone undetected for so many years.

Well the case has been taken on by the FBI, so it should get interesting.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I wonder if she killed her sister too?

Mother of Shannan Gilbert, believed to be Gilgo Beach murder victim, found dead, other daughter charged in slaying

The upstate New York mother of one of the sex workers found dead on Gilgo Beach, was murdered inside her apartment—and her other daughter has been arrested for the slaying. Mari Gilbert, who has led an effort to solve the mysterious murder of her daughter, Shannan Gilbert, was found killed in her Ellenville, N.Y. apartment Saturday afternoon. Her younger daughter, Sarra, was charged in her murder and for criminal possession of a weapon. 

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/mother-shannan-gilbert-found-dead-younger-daughter-charged-article-1.2723964

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Like 2

Brooklyn guy u beat me to posting this lol really crazy may she rest in peace,this happend close to me

• 7 months later...

The chief of police was the killer he is now on jail on other charges but imthink it was him he was at partys at the docs house were the bodies were dound

• Like 2