Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead Time

bbygirl559

whoa, that talk sure takes me back to my youth and young adult life... (shiver) you sound baptist, or pentecostal, or assembly of god.  It's been a while since I've hung out in those circles so that's just an educated guessssss......

17 hours ago, quiXilver said:

whoa, that talk sure takes me back to my youth and young adult life... (shiver) you sound baptist, or pentecostal, or assembly of god.  It's been a while since I've hung out in those circles so that's just an educated guessssss......

Actually I'm not at all religious! I don't believe in going to church because I think most of them are full of b.s. I do believe in God,however,but I don't think he really cares if a person attends church or not,as long as you have faith that he exists.I didn't mean to come off as all "fire and brimstone ", I was just relaying info I had heard. I don't even answer the door for the jehovahs witnesses,lol. Btw, since you "shivered",I kinda feel bad about your earlier years, no offense. Also, no offense meant to anyone of any religion who attends a church of any kind, this is only my opinion. p.s- your cats are lucky, I always have a sad one looking for an extra lap.Maybe the new lucky number should be 4!

Boy do I have a funny story related to the number 4. 

In Korea, it is considered a very unlucky number... so unlucky that to mention it can cause people to cringe, leave and do all manner of marking themselves to prevent disaster.  I found this out while studying a Korean Martial Art known as Chung Moo Quan.  An instructor asked me what time my private lesson was and I responded, 'four o'clock', though I never got to say the o'clock part, because as I said 'four', he double punched me in the chest, knocking me to the ground.  Then stood over me and shouted.

"We NEVER say that number here!...  We say 3 plus 1.  Never that number!"

I stood up shocked... walked to the back, grabbed my stuff and left, never to return. 

Turns out that was a good indicator of other problems with that school, they ended up in the news some years later.

And thanks for sharing openly your views on the number and responding so kindly and patiently to my words, which were rather accusatory and abrupt... I'm afraid my previous issues clouded my mind there and I spoke from assumption.  Another lesson learned. :)

*bow* 

1 hour ago, quiXilver said:

Boy do I have a funny story related to the number 4. 

In Korea, it is considered a very unlucky number... so unlucky that to mention it can cause people to cringe, leave and do all manner of marking themselves to prevent disaster.  I found this out while studying a Korean Martial Art known as Chung Moo Quan.  An instructor asked me what time my private lesson was and I responded, 'four o'clock', though I never got to say the o'clock part, because as I said 'four', he double punched me in the chest, knocking me to the ground.  Then stood over me and shouted.

"We NEVER say that number here!...  We say 3 plus 1.  Never that number!"

I stood up shocked... walked to the back, grabbed my stuff and left, never to return. 

Turns out that was a good indicator of other problems with that school, they ended up in the news some years later.

And thanks for sharing openly your views on the number and responding so kindly and patiently to my words, which were rather accusatory and abrupt... I'm afraid my previous issues clouded my mind there and I spoke from assumption.  Another lesson learned. :)

*bow* 

Wow, that is quite a story. There was absolutely no offense taken to your earlier posts at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I respect that. But now I just might start saying that I have three plus one cats!  I didn't know that about "that" number, so, good to know. Thanks!

I respectfully bow back

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I personally prefer the night to the day and have generally found the 2am to 4am period to be the most peaceful time of the night. The mosquitoes even go to bed. The sky is brighter and a sweet quietness settles over the lands. Even the night predators settle down until the predawn period. 

I remember many nights when I would go out walking and end up in various cemeteries. I know that liking cemeteries at night is odd but actually they are one place where I could always sit and think without being bothered by anyone. About the only people out at that time of night are cops and they are bored and looking for someone to pester with questions. Even they don't bother you in a graveyard.

I worked at night and generally got off at a little after midnight. Back in the olden days that meant that I got home just in time for the national anthem and the test screen on the TV before it went off. There was nothing open at those hours except a bowling ally about 25 miles away in another town. I found that in order to sleep I needed to walk for a while and I did some of my best thinking while I walked. 

The next best place to walk in peace was in the forest along the edges of the swamp. Like the cemeteries, even the cops didn't go there much in the late hours. I would walk for a while then often stop and build a fire for a while especially if it was pretty cool. The animals all seem to take a break for the quietest hours of the night. 

I'm also a fan of the night, i rarely get to the 3am mark these days though (1ish is the latest these days) it's just so peaceful. And replying to the people who walk around at night you are brave, i have always wanted to do it but never had the nerve it's just so eerie. I have walked around alone in the woods like area before on my own and i get creeped out (it's usually peaceful to me but still) and that is in the daytime,

Edited by Baldylocks

I'm currently working night shifts.  The shift I'm on usually finishes at 3 am and I generally walk home form work.  It's a really nice half hour walk.  No ghost, no spirits, no demons, no weird stuff at all.

In fact, pretty much nothing at all is happening in the world around these parts from 3am-4am.  The roads are empty, houses are dark and quiet, etc.   Maybe a couple of cars will pass me on the walk home (usually taxis), but apart from that the world is at peace.

If it's "dead hour" or the witching hour, or haunting hour, or spirits are abroad or whatever, then I'm blissfully unaware of it despite being out and about during that hour.

• Like 1

I really appreciate your description of the abiding calm of that time of day.

It's palpable, the calm of all those who are asleep and breathing rhythmically and deeply.

I absolutely love walking the streets between 3 and 5 am. 

• Like 1

I have walked around outside when it was dark (it was winter so it was only about 6pm or something like that) and i was in my town centre and it was a surreal experience. Town centres are obviously full off people etc, but when i was coming home that day and it was quite empty and shops were shut and shutting, it was quite eerie to see this usually packed with life place just having a few walking round. It was nice though but still quite eerie.

On 2015-1-19 at 10:01 AM, shrooma said:

there's usually a lot of nasty things happening here in the UK at 3am, as the pubs have just closed, and we're a nation of drunken hooligans.....

And the evidence is there for everyone to see the next day....... part eaten kebabs,vodka bottles,rubbish everywhere and pavement pizzas nice

• Like 1

9 hours ago, quiXilver said:

I really appreciate your description of the abiding calm of that time of day.

It's palpable, the calm of all those who are asleep and breathing rhythmically and deeply.

I absolutely love walking the streets between 3 and 5 am. 

seems the most peaceful and serene hours of the day to me.

• Like 1

In serious mode now I used to do loads of night fishing in really remote places the hours from 3am till about 5.30am were always the most quiet and calm only once did I feel somthing strange that was on a beach behind some ruins and I could of sworn I heard chanting or something similar it lasted a couple of minutes then all was quiet again afterwards I still wasn't convinced of what I herd I'm still sceptical 

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

In serious mode now I used to do loads of night fishing in really remote places the hours from 3am till about 5.30am were always the most quiet and calm only once did I feel somthing strange that was on a beach behind some ruins and I could of sworn I heard chanting or something similar it lasted a couple of minutes then all was quiet again afterwards I still wasn't convinced of what I herd I'm still sceptical 

You could of heard chanting to be honest, nothing paranormal or anything like that, just some weird cult thing.

Yep that why I stay sceptical no real evidence the strange feeling etc could be put down to tiredness or imagination 

The only witches I see at 3 am are the ones that stumble around and speak in tongues with short skirts.