Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep paralysis can lead to ghost sightings

UM-Bot

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My beliefs are based on following the data and not 'faith'. Why would I believe something the data doesn't support. Do you think I'm batty? 

Batty? Maybe some drop bear landed on its head too many times when their jump to paranormal was proven dead wrong over and over.

PapaG its a new year and im gonna try something new in my postings and that waste time with dead ends we both know data, info, evidence etc only plays into your opinions if it furthers your biased agenda everything is likely paranormal, so when you reply over and to me with the dame lame rebuttles ill just cut and paste this to you.

Have a great 2024.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That is all that should ever need to be discussed, compelling cases, just like topics about real things.  You rarely do though, we have seriously talked about everything else around it.  Are there any compelling cases that people with sleep paralysis have really been visited by other creatures?  I'll just throw out argument-wise that if it can be argued to infinity then by definition it is not 'compelling', but set that standard aside, let's be more loose and take advantage of what you have surveyed.  What's the most compelling 'shadow figure' case sleep paralysis wise?  Given what you say I'll grant that you may at least be an expert on the details of supernatural claims, you definitely are way ahead of me, so it'd be good to hear what the very best and most convincing are considered to be.

I think we now have a case of moving goal posts. We switched the discussion   to the paranormal in general now you’re switching it back to sleep paralysis entities. Now I am not claiming objectively compelling sleep paralysis cases as there are no physical evidence and chance of multiple quality witnesses. My belief in entities is an extension of teachings by clairvoyant people I have come to respect.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The neighbor would have to have claimed to have seen a posible Bigfoot prior to the incident to impress the Papameter.

You made my point about you for me better than i ever could, thank you.

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

We switched the discussion   to the paranormal in general now you’re switching it back to sleep paralysis entities.

Yes, because that is the topic.  If you'd like to provide a link to the most compelling supernatural case that's probably allowed.  I would think that would be more interesting than saying how reasonable your process is in the most vague way possible, which we've covered extensively.

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My belief in entities is an extension of teachings by clairvoyant people I have come to respect.

Respect doesn't have anything to do with reason. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Yes, because that is the topic. 

So you're admitting that you switched the topic back on me and that my comments you quoted were taken out of context.

As to:  If you'd like to provide a link to the most compelling supernatural case that's probably allowed.

If there hasn't been one case that compellingly argues for an outside-the-box explanation yet in your lifetime of being around, I do not think I can change that.

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Respect doesn't have anything to do with reason. 

To get my respect it does. 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So you're admitting that you switched the topic back on me and that my comments you quoted were taken out of context.

No I didn't 'switch topics', we were talking about sleep paralysis and both made comments about the supernatural case as a whole.  It is not abundantly clear in every comment whether you are talking about just sleep paralysis or the supernatural in general.  Thanks for clearing up that you don't have any compelling sleep paralysis shadow creatures stories.

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

As to:  If you'd like to provide a link to the most compelling supernatural case that's probably allowed.

If there hasn't been one case that compellingly argues for an outside-the-box explanation yet in your lifetime of being around, I do not think I can change that.

Ha, the only part that is actually that interesting or can be compelling, the cases, and you nearly always want to avoid talking about them.  That's why I kept my previous post succinct to just requesting these 'compelling cases' since you brought them up, since when I give you any other content to respond to you respond to that and avoid talking about these cases and the evidence, like you did here with your sudden concern about whether the topic has changed at all and falsely saying you were taken out of context.  You're the one talking about 'compelling cases', you're the one talking about 'reasonable', don't blame me for your quotes and word selection and firm avoidance of discussing these compelling cases, questions about those are of course 100% 'reasonable'.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2015 at 9:27 AM, UM-Bot said:

The terrifying phenomenon may account for numerous sightings of ghosts, monsters, demons and more.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/277101/sleep-paralysis-can-lead-to-ghost-sightings

This is what happens when aliens try to body snatch you. Don't worry. It is only temporary. As long as you keep trying to move, you will eventually be able to move.

• Haha 1