Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Server Problems?

Magikman

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing connection problems to the forum? unsure.gif

Been unable to access the forum for a couple hours, and now that I've finally logged on, half the time new pages won't load, nor can I bring up IM's. blink.gif

Edit: Interesting - just received this error message Gareth;

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/puzzler/unexplained_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 64

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/puzzler/unexplained_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 64

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/puzzler/unexplained_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

ERROR: Cannot find database puzzler

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/puzzler/unexplained_html/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 100

There appears to be an error with the Unexplained Mysteries database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here blink.gif

Edited by Magikman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Althalus

• Magikman

• wolfsinger

Top Posters In This Topic

MM,

Yes, I'm having the same problems connecting to the forum. When I refresh the page it usually works better but not for long until I can't access certain pages. unsure.gif

When the 'This page cannot be displayed' screen appears, it's because somewhere along the line there is a problem on the host server, relating to PHP queries to the SQL database.

This problem is very rare, but there is no explanation as of yet from the host as to why it keeps occuring. It does not effect the rest of the site, only certain SQL/PHP combinations that only occur in the forum and database management tools.

Unfortunately I'm as powerless as anyone else here to fix it, it's just fortunate that it resolves itself automatically, even if it does take a couple of hours.

My best advice is that if you can't get onto the forum because of the 'This page cannot be displayed' message, try again in a few hours and it should be working again by then.

it has been like this for the past few days, and seems to occur during the same time period each day

as it has for the past 3 days

I have noticed that, when I can't get in and have nothing else to do, IE: emmy not visiting or me not going to hers, I wonder what can I do otherwise.

this forum is how i kill free time... when its down, it hurts. i can only read CNN or Drudge Report so many times before i know everything that has happened on earth in the past 5 hours. i would rather die than listen to Rush Limbaugh on my lunch but that is what its coming to laugh.gif

i also got the same error and it goes down for me for half a day or more at a time sad.gif

Yeah the forum was down for almost 4 hours today with the same problem.

Still no clue as to whats causing it. sad.gif

Oh God what an Awfull Day, Its such a relief to have the forum back online laugh.gif

I never realised how much I need to visit here blink.gif

Thanks Saruman for fixing the problem. cool.gif

Or Not wacko.gif

Edited by Halo_Jones

Halo {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Al biggrin.gif listen to Enya.........

albaqwerty i know how you feel.....

DS it can get pretty boring.....

SaRuMaN....... Want a Hammer tongue.gif

<borrows the hammer and heads down to the server room>

user posted image

That ought to do it

biggrin.gif

Yeah, thatz happened to me a lot b4...maybe its all the people on at one time and it gets crowded.. (has some1 already said that?? If so, sorri to repeat that!)

Wolfsinger,

That's something I considered too, seen as it would make sense that a problem may occur if there were too many people on simultaneously. However it doesn't look as though thats the case - today the board went down at a relatively quiet time, and then came back up again during peak time, with 29 users online shortly afterwards.

Nothing about this seems to make sense - it's an unexplained mystery in its own right.

blink.gif