Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

witchcraft of athens, texas

yenster81

• 2 weeks later...
fullers park seems to scare me on some days and others it is very peaceful

Fuller's Park is NOT scary! The only time Fuller's Park is scary is in your HEAD! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok I would like to start by saying that I have live in or around athens tx my entire life. I love gost stories and if I here a good one I will go to great lengths to explor it

as for the park yes it is real its called fullers park and i have bee there many times. back in the early 1900's a maried couple the fullers bought the land an built a home the house burned and they were both killed in the fire and they are burried out there. This is historical fact there graves are there headstones and all there house slab is there and yes its freaking scary as hell. I also feel that I should tell you that it is considered tresspassing to be out there. As for the tunnles yes they are there they the plans for them can be gotten from the historical socity if you know the right people and/or have the right amount of money, I have seen them. I dont recomend trying to go down there ist freaking dangerous. As for any gost stories you might want to know about athens tx there are to many to tell but just ask anyone who lives in athens they can probally tell you one or two. If you want to see more about athens tx and all its creppy glorie check out utube video called "Fuller Park (sub_america productions)" it showes you alot. happy hunting! Check out Sub_America productions on MySpace.com no this is not my web site it belong to a friend of a friend and I happend upon it by chance.

I've heard many rumors about the small town of Athens, Texas. i am go to college there and most of the other students and teachers have been talking about the secrets about this town. There have been reports of witchcraft all over the county, but in Athens they say that there are underground tunnels that are in the shape of a pentagram. There is also a park that many ritualistic sacrifices have taken place. I would think this was ridicules, but our instructor who is a preachers wife and a very respectable woman agrees with all these rumors. Also, one of my close friends has said that there has never been a tornado to ever have touched down in the town because of the spells cast on the town. i am rather curious if anyone else has ever heard anything about this strange town and it's many secrets.

Google it and see if there is anything available about the town, and then go to http://www.urbanlegends.com and do a search and see if there is anything available about the town there. If there is, perhaps that site can shed some light on whether or not the "legends" of the town are real or not.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I'm new member and i found this site while I was searching for something about my city called..... Athens. I thought it was the only Athens in the world but it seems I was wrong. I am 100% sure that my city is the original Athens and your city took the name from Athens-Greece. Can you search when Athens-Texas took this name and from whom?

My regards from Athens-Greece

ps. I was searching for the underground mysteries in my city. There are a lot of ancient things under our feet here...

Hi all, I'm new member and i found this site while I was searching for something about my city called..... Athens. I thought it was the only Athens in the world but it seems I was wrong. I am 100% sure that my city is the original Athens and your city took the name from Athens-Greece. Can you search when Athens-Texas took this name and from whom?

My regards from Athens-Greece

ps. I was searching for the underground mysteries in my city. There are a lot of ancient things under our feet here...

Yes, the town in Texas was i believe named for Athens Greece, just as Marathon,Tx, was named for the same place in Greece.

• 7 months later...

i know im posting in an old thread, but i have new info

i live in Daingerfield and me and a friend had never heard of the Fuller Park stories in Athens until something happened recently...

you see, my friend has the ability to talk to spirits. he is actually the one that convinced me of the existence of spirits. he has many other gifts, but they are very obscure. lately, he has been talking to Mr. Fuller, who we both recently researched on and found this website. Mr. Fuller doesnt seem to like me very much =P but has entrusted my friend to help him cross over...but, we believe that he cannot do that until the park and surrounding area are freed of all the vandalism, occultism, and disrespect. thats a pretty big task, and unless we were to somehow get the town involved, that wont simply happen. so, im afraid Mr. Fuller's spirit will never be at rest for a while. =(

we hope to visit Athens soon and check it out more...

A few miles south of my home town there is an area that is supposed to have had a connection to witchcraft back in the horse and buggy days. In fact, there were even claims that structures called the "Witch Towers" existed out there in the woods. To this day, with all the time that I have spent crawling the woods, I have never seen hide nor hair of any "towers", witch or other wise.

Every small town has it's legends. They're what make them interesting and a little spooky.

Just because she's a preacher's wife doesn't automatically make her credible. Sometimes Christians and the like are the first to believe in such rumors and blow them out of proportion. I'd go to school and just wait and see if anything sacraficial or demonic takes place there in the areas where such events allegedly took/take place. And finally, have you tried going to htp://www.urbanlegends.com and searching to see if such a story exists there?

Edited by ValkyrieVoice

I wish some people would learn to use PARAGRAPHS!

Sorry, but breaking up large blocks of text makes it easier to read.

• 1 month later...

witchcraft has nothing to do with devil worship! >.<

YOU'RE DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WITCHCRAFT COMES FROM! IT DAMN SURE DOESN'T COME FROM GOD! :no:

YOU'RE DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WITCHCRAFT COMES FROM! IT DAMN SURE DOESN'T COME FROM GOD! :no:

Umm...

1. Stop yelling.

2. Don't call people drunk.

3. Research witchcraft. Not satan driven, not satanic origin, no focus on satan at all.

Nibs

witchcraft has nothing to do with devil worship! >.<

YOU'RE DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WITCHCRAFT COMES FROM! IT DAMN SURE DOESN'T COME FROM GOD!

Umm... Satan comes from God, not witchcraft. Witchcraft has nothing to do with either of those things.

• 9 months later...

I moved to Athens in the early 60s when I was 13 years old. Now let me start by saying I am a believer in the supernatural and have seen too many things in my life to not to. But as far as the Athens thing goes-

My friends and I used to tell younger and/or more gullible kids these tales about Fullers Park being 'haunted'. We tell stories of how the town was founded by a powerful witch, about the pentacles, ect . . . We'd get these poor kids all creeped out then take them to Fuller's and then dare them to walk to the graves, or if a few of them were brave enough we'd take them to the old monkey cages then we'd run off and leave them alone in the dark. Don't worry, we always went back to them. Mean thing to do? No doubt. But we were a bunch of kids after all.

My point is I find it comical that now, 2 generations later, these stories that WE made up are still repeated and often believed to be fact. Fuller's park is just an old, neglected park. The only strange thing going on there now are wannabe witches, mostly kids who don't really know what they are doing, spray painting pentacles on trees and falling down structures there. There are true Pagans (Not Satanists. They don't even believe in satan so there's no way they would be worshipping such an entity) in Athens but none would be dumb enough to go to Fullers for their Sabbats.

As far as no tornado hitting Athens, one hit in 1993 and did some minor damage to South Place nursing home. There have been others just dont want to spend a lot of time citing them.

I moved to Athens in the early 60s when I was 13 years old. Now let me start by saying I am a believer in the supernatural and have seen too many things in my life to not to. But as far as the Athens thing goes-

My friends and I used to tell younger and/or more gullible kids these tales about Fullers Park being 'haunted'. We tell stories of how the town was founded by a powerful witch, about the pentacles, ect . . . We'd get these poor kids all creeped out then take them to Fuller's and then dare them to walk to the graves, or if a few of them were brave enough we'd take them to the old monkey cages then we'd run off and leave them alone in the dark. Don't worry, we always went back to them. Mean thing to do? No doubt. But we were a bunch of kids after all.

My point is I find it comical that now, 2 generations later, these stories that WE made up are still repeated and often believed to be fact. Fuller's park is just an old, neglected park. The only strange thing going on there now are wannabe witches, mostly kids who don't really know what they are doing, spray painting pentacles on trees and falling down structures there. There are true Pagans (Not Satanists. They don't even believe in satan so there's no way they would be worshipping such an entity) in Athens but none would be dumb enough to go to Fullers for their Sabbats.

As far as no tornado hitting Athens, one hit in 1993 and did some minor damage to South Place nursing home. There have been others just dont want to spend a lot of time citing them.

Next time anyone on this forum says that so many stories couldn't just be made up... linky right here.

For those interested in additional information, there is also a four-page Athens, Texas, thread under the "Urban Legends" forum.

In fact, shouldn't the two threads be combined into one?

I've heard many rumors about the small town of Athens, Texas. i am go to college there and most of the other students and teachers have been talking about the secrets about this town. There have been reports of witchcraft all over the county, but in Athens they say that there are underground tunnels that are in the shape of a pentagram. There is also a park that many ritualistic sacrifices have taken place. I would think this was ridicules, but our instructor who is a preachers wife and a very respectable woman agrees with all these rumors. Also, one of my close friends has said that there has never been a tornado to ever have touched down in the town because of the spells cast on the town. i am rather curious if anyone else has ever heard anything about this strange town and it's many secrets.

Go around important buildings and monuments in the town and see if you can find any pagan influences. If you can its likely a pact sect existed there in the past. Either that or you have devil worshippers in the town.

Go around important buildings and monuments in the town and see if you can find any pagan influences. If you can its likely a pact sect existed there in the past. Either that or you have devil worshippers in the town.

What? What do you mean "pagan influences"?? Please be more specific with that.

Nibs

What? What do you mean "pagan influences"?? Please be more specific with that.

Nibs

Pagans have a religion too besides Christains. He needs to find out if the town has a pagan past.

The easiest way to tell is to go to a grave yard and look how the graves are arranged. If they all lie East to West they are Christains and if you have a section of ones lying North to South they are pagan.

Pagans have a religion too besides Christains. He needs to find out if the town has a pagan past.

The easiest way to tell is to go to a grave yard and look how the graves are arranged. If they all lie East to West they are Christains and if you have a section of ones lying North to South they are pagan.

Yes, I know Pagan's have religions. I was looking for some examples "pagan signs".

North to south = pagan? Source?

Nibs

Yes, I know Pagan's have religions. I was looking for some examples "pagan signs".

North to south = pagan? Source?

Nibs

Thats a well known fact and I cant give you a source as I got told that in my history lessons as a child.

Any pagans here will be able to clear up the fact that their graves always lie at right angles to Christain graves. Other pagan clues are the Pentagram, female figures as Gods, summer and winter solices designed into the structure of monuments and May day celebrations seeming quite popluar in the area.

I dont think they do the wicca man anymore in the modern world but they may still sacrficie animals.

Other way around ;) Christians burried north to south in the dark ages.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=MTS&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=pagans+buried+north+to+south&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Edited by The Silver Thong

Thats a well known fact and I cant give you a source as I got told that in my history lessons as a child.

Any pagans here will be able to clear up the fact that their graves always lie at right angles to Christain graves. Other pagan clues are the Pentagram, female figures as Gods, summer and winter solices designed into the structure of monuments and May day celebrations seeming quite popluar in the area.

I dont think they do the wicca man anymore in the modern world but they may still sacrficie animals.

Ok it's just a good idea to cite a source here. Part of the rules. :) I believe most cemeteries in the US face east but not all. Quite sure that no one is buried at right angles to each other in them as well.

I'm very familiar with many pagan practices and I was wondering where you were getting your information and what symbols and signs do you consider pagan.

Who may still sacrifice animals?

Nibs

Ok it's just a good idea to cite a source here. Part of the rules. :) I believe most cemeteries in the US face east but not all. Quite sure that no one is buried at right angles to each other in them as well.

I'm very familiar with many pagan practices and I was wondering where you were getting your information and what symbols and signs do you consider pagan.

Who may still sacrifice animals?

Nibs

The Pentagram is Pagan not devil worship. Its the ratios and lengths of the lines which are important as they represent hidden connections in nature. A bit like the numebr ratios that cause the spiral pattern in shells.