Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Free from Severe Alcohol Abuse

pallidin

Awesome for you!

You made it this far so keep going, you're doing great. :yes::clap:

• Like 2

Good for you! You saw a problem and decided to tackle it!

You don't sound like you need luck so much as you've already decided what you want to do but Good Luck none the less!

Mabon.

• Like 3

The very best of luck. My dad (a heavy drinker since the age of 15) stopped recently at the age of 60, and I know how tough it can be (putting it mildly). His reasoning was "alcohol wastes family".

• Like 5

2 weeks is awesome! :tsu::tu: After about 2 months you will feel like a god amongst men.

• Like 4

I did the same thing a few years back. Found myself unable to unwind after work without drinking.

I had a bout of illness that stopped me from keeping food down and the thought of alcohol was repulsive. I gave up totally for 3 years and felt amazing, I was more lively, healthier and happier.

For the last year I can even have a glass or two of wine on special occasions without feeling the need to finish a bottle.

If you ever feel like relapsing just check out your bank balance and it is incredible what you save. I set a goal of a classic car I always wanted and bought it with ease from my savings. Every time I felt like a drink I knew my goal would not happen.

Think about the money and that holiday, car, golf clubs etc. Honestly it is the best way.

• Like 4

Enjoy the hangover free mornings :) Best wishes on your progress! I nearly allowed it to kill me before I stopped 4 years ago. I can honestly say that my worst day sober was better than my best day drunk.

• Like 8

Good news, well done and keep it up....I am not a heavy drinker but might stop for a 2 week detox for my liver :)

• Like 2

Congrats to you. Its amazing how many days are not wasted lying around feeling like sewage due to the alcohol consumed the day before. The best cure for a hangover is to not have one in the first place. :D

Keep it up!

• Like 5

Awesome, pallidin! I couldn't keep my drinking under control either, (it's how I coped with anxiety issues) so gave it up or truth be told, I'm sure I'd be long dead by now.

Wishing you the support and strength you need and healthy substitutes- that do what the alcohol was supposed to do but lied to you (I hope you get what I'm saying there).

You rock! Go swim with the dolphins! :tsu:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 4

Good luck man :tu:

One of the best ways to take your mind off of it is to exercise,doesnt have to be a full blown workout if you find yourself stressing just go for a light jog.I started making a habit of it awhile back and didnt even realize it,it is easy for it to takeover!Now i make sure to just drink one night a week on weekends or hollidays...

• Like 3

Good luck man :tu:

One of the best ways to take your mind off of it is to exercise,doesnt have to be a full blown workout if you find yourself stressing just go for a light jog.I started making a habit of it awhile back and didnt even realize it,it is easy for it to takeover!Now i make sure to just drink one night a week on weekends or hollidays...

Great post! Self control and moderation are the key factors.

I used to knock down a few cases of beer on the weekends but once the hangover extended to a few days after my last drink I said enough. Now, when I do drink its in moderation (3-4 beers) and always wake up feeling great and ready to go out and do something instead of lying around like a slug.

• Like 2

Yeah! We are amazing beings with awesome minds that truly have the ability to be transformed when used for that purpose. Peace and Joy to you man. :-) :-) I have a friend thats been clean for more that a year now and loves AA he is so brilliant and it shows more than ever now. He loves quoting Albert Einstein.. i don't know why I told you that lol. Any way good work and much joy to you on your excellent transformation. <3

• Like 5

I hope you reach the goal you have set yourself.

Some days will be a lot harder than others, and some days will even hurt like hell. I am sure that with the support of your family, friends, doctor and us your online family, these times will be a lot more bearable for you. There is a light at the end of that dark tunnel. Just keep reminding yourself as to why you have taken this step. Over two weeks have already passed by, and each day makes you stronger. Keep up your good work. Hugs to you.

• Like 5

Wishing you the best, man. I'm a little over 2 years alcohol-free myself. Those first weeks can be very daunting and you'll probably have a million doubts about who you might be on the other side of it all, be rest assured that you WILL be better for it. Congrats on your first steps! If you ever need a sympathetic ear/eye to bend, don't hesitate to toss me a line!

• Like 2

Congratulations man! You CAN do this! You can. You just can. You can.

.....you can....

Thank you...

• Like 1

Hi Paladin,

Best wishes,I joke around more about drinking now,my commitments mean more to me so I seldom drink anymore.There was a time when I did drink on a regular basis mostly because I was bored in the hours that I didn't work.Most of the people that I knew gambled so going anywhere with them was pointless,if I was going to go out with people to sit there by myself,why did I need them?In reality I didn't need them or anyone else so I would go on my adventures alone.Once I got rid of all the people that bored me I found life exciting again and curbed my drinking,I like taking risks and that doesn't mix well with booze.

jmccr8

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking of you and hope that you're doing great!

Don't know your type of music but I think that almost everyone will like this inspirational song.

Mabon.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the 30 day mark!

I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you, but I'm so glad that you're feeling great.

Regards,

Mabon.

• Like 1