Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is the universe?

Hobo

well its probably been done to death, but im a newbie and at least its slightly more tangible than before the big bang smile.gif

personally i feel the universe is somethingness expanding into nothingness matter, energy, and everything beyond and between are 'vibrations' in that somethingess, when examined, as if we could, on all dimensions all matter energy and everything beyond and between would be found to be a single 'thing i dont have a word for'. like if the universe was a 2d rubber sheet a stretch in the sheet would be wave, if that was rolled over onto itself that would be a particle. different stretches and rolls would be different waves and particles. but when all the dimensions, or directions, are taken into account all those stretches and rolls would be one 'thing i dont have a word for'.

i have no math to back any of this up and have taken quite a bit of philosophical liberty but thats where im at at 5:30, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Homer

• Hobo

• Exeter

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to call that the flubber theory Hobo wink.gif

In one thread some where back in the dark archives of the board we discussed . "What if the universe where to be god ?" as in If the universe where actually God and we where just a part of that . I believe somebody sugested you would find earth in the region of God's butt (don't quote me but I'm pretty sure that was Homers sugestion biggrin.gif ) There isn't much reason for my post , I just wanted to respond and keep the thread alive for a little while.

I remember that Kismit laugh.gif

It wasn’t me that mentioned it, but I think I might have commented on it biggrin.gif

• 5 months later...

Yes...the Universe being a single cell in a giants body.

Maybe we are even smaller than we think.

I think that the universe, well, uh, at the end of the universe. there is a giant portal that leads to unimaginable worlds cat.gif

The universe is but one spark in an unimaginably huge multidimensional fireworks display. grin2.gif

Or not. whistling2.gif