Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can dogs bring bad luck/negative energy?

stan2006

My life is normally very low drama and calm, but I feel things have been changing since I adopted a dog back in October 2014. I know bringing a new pet into the family can result in adjustments and new changes, but this feels different, as if bad luck has arrived instead. I read a similar discussion on this forum from a few years back: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=208133

A couple weeks after adopting my dog, my brother found a job - we had been hoping for him to find full time work for a while. So I thought our new dog was a good luck charm. But then, when my mom mailed my brother his SS card to show to his new employer, the card got lost in the mail. After several weeks went by, we thought it was lost for sure and were making arrangements to alert his bank, driver license, etc. But then my brother received it in the mail about a month later. So that wasn't too bad.

But then...The next month, in November, my mother got in a car accident. Our car was crushed on the driver side, but fortunately my mom was unharmed and so was the other driver. We believed it might have been worse if we didn't have a dog (as we believe pets take place of their owners in tragic situations).

Two months later, our car is stolen. This is the second time it has been stolen in one year.

Now, just yesterday, my mom accidentally ran over an animal (a dog, she believes) that had suddenly scurried across the road.

There is a general feeling of hostility in my family now, something that was not really apparent before. I am not sure if it's because of the energy from our new dog? Can dogs bring negative energy to certain people? Or is it just a coincidence and a spate of bad luck that will pass? I read an article somewhere that people of certain zodiac signs, like Aries, should not own dogs. I am planning to keep my dog no matter what, but I wanted to get feedback and some ideas.

Thank you.

No, the poor dog has nothing do with your stupidity. I agree with She'ra, if you are unable give the love and care that is required to own a dog you should rehome it with some who can. <_<

• Like 7

As already said in first reply here, NO! But people can bring negative energy to dogs and make them feel insecure and scared. Having a dog pet is one of best things that has happened to my family.

• Like 4

Hello She-ra!

(Long time no see.)

I couldn't have said it better!!!

Hello Stan,

and welcome to the forum.

Seriously, what She-ra said in spades! If you can't get beyond your feelings of the moment for the dog find someone who will give it a good home!

Mabon.

• Like 3

Hello She-ra!

(Long time no see.)

I couldn't have said it better!!!

Hello Stan,

and welcome to the forum.

Seriously, what She-ra said in spades! If you can't get beyond your feelings of the moment for the dog find someone who will give it a good home!

Mabon.

Hey Mabon! Love to you sweetie ♥ Hugs!

• Like 1

Right back at you!

Hugs!

Mabon.

• Like 1

Well, I do love my dog and we take very good care of him, and I mentioned that I will keep him no matter what. I just wanted some ideas from people who maybe have insight into karma/energy and that kind of stuff, but I guess I will not find it here.

Edited by stan2006

I think the majority of us here have ton's of insight on karma and energy. This has to do with common sense.

My honest opinion from an energy standpoint, no, the dog has no "bad or unlucky" karma or energy attached to it.

;)

• Like 1

Well, I do love my dog and we take very good care of him, and I mentioned that I will keep him no matter what. I just wanted some ideas from people who maybe have insight into karma/energy and that kind of stuff, but I guess I will not find it here.

I am not being disrespectful to you here at all. I think you missed the part where I say:

You are giving the dog too much "power" in thinking something like this is possible.

That was the answer to your "energy" question.

No need to storm off in a huff saying "I will not find it here".

People took the time to respectfully answer your question.

edit for spelling

Edited by She-ra
  • Like 1

sacrifice the dog to the sun god. maybe your luck will change.

Seriously, please put joke after statements like this! I am hoping that you mean it as a joke but you don't know who might read this and not take it as one.

Mabon.

• Like 3

Yes I do believe the question to be a serious one.

She-ra said more eloquently what I was thinking. And Kenemet stated too that the luck could have been worse and perhaps the dog is actually good luck, if for no other reason the person had someone to come home and tell their troubles and fears to.

If a dog is mans best friend, shouldn't mankind return the favor?

Mabon.

• Like 3

Yes I do believe the question to be a serious one.

She-ra said more eloquently what I was thinking. And Kenemet stated too that the luck could have been worse and perhaps the dog is actually good luck, if for no other reason the person had someone to come home and tell their troubles and fears to.

If a dog is mans best friend, shouldn't mankind return the favor?

Mabon.

Indeed! :tu:

• Like 1

I recommend to have a look into Feng Shui and/or the Chinese Year for 2015

I found it accurate. With Feng Shui you can enhance or decrease effects of energy.

We have the year of the Wood Sheep - which isn't an easy year.

In Feng Shui you have 'Flying Stars' - some good, some bad.

Have a look on monthly charts (for the Flying Stars). (I am a fan of Lillian Too. She provides a monthly chart. However it seems also to boost the shop - but you can use normal stuff and colors as well. Its also more a 'lifestyle' than decorating some stuff. Knowing for instance arguments are 'flying in' - you can be aware instead of finding yourself in middle.)

The Flying stars one could also get themselves - its rather the 'compass method' (instead of the 'bagua method') (you will find information on that easily online)

There are good books out and you can find a lot of information online.

Personally I believe animals are loving energy. Even those animals which aren't cute, like insects.

And your dog might even gave you the opportunity to sort thru stuff and make changes for the better.

As in awareness and growing.

In terms of karma - maybe it was time to realize with the dog you noticed and wondered, but he isn't the reason of the string 'of bad luck' but rather with him came actually noticing and wondering.

The stuff would have happened anyway and maybe you would have just endured and go on.

Now you may got an inspiration on where to look and just pay a different kind of attention.

'Count your blessings'.

I hope you can sort it out.

• Like 3

We gave you the answer, you just want people to affirm your conclusion. I am practice witchcraft, I know what karma and psychic energy is. Karma is action, YOUR action and the consequences of YOUR actions. Dog has his own karma that has nothing to do with you. You create the energy around your space, any negative energy comes from within you. I have a dog and she is my familiar. Animals reflect your energy back to you. If you want positive energy you must create it within yourself. It might not change your luck, but it will make things easier, than playing the blame game with your dog.

• Like 2

Me and dogs have a mutual understanding, that is to stay away from each other as much as possible.

Well, I do love my dog and we take very good care of him, and I mentioned that I will keep him no matter what. I just wanted some ideas

from people who maybe have insight into karma/energy and that kind of stuff, but I guess I will not find it here.

Yr local postal service is rotten.

Yr mom crashed the car.

The car got stolen.

Yr mom accidentally ran over an animal (poor animal).

By statistic, yr mom is the problem and not the dog. Sell her and take the money to buy a new car.

Edited by toast
  • Like 5

Yr local postal service is rotten.

Yr mom crashed her car.

The car got stolen.

Yr mom accidentally ran over an animaj.

By statistic, yr mom is the problem and not the dog. Sell her and buy a new car.

Sorry but HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaha ha ha.. oh man I just blurted out laughing. Love you! Hahahahaha! Okay I'm done now...

hee hee :w00t:

• Like 2

Toast, :nw:

• Like 2

Don't blame a animal and/or use any form of superstition to rationalize why you have problems, doing so is simply unconscionable.

Humans have problems that are caused by humans. Period.

• Like 2

I hope stan2006 wasn't just a flyby poster, never to return. If you read this, stan2006 and anyone with similar questions, this forum is slanted towards the "logic and evidence" crowd, and will take questions like "Do you think my dog is a source of negative energy?" seriously as a question, and not interpret it as "Your dog is definitely a source of bad energy" simply because you suggested it. If you can accept that claims will be scrutinized, and difficult-to-prove claims usually rejected, then we absolutely encourage you to stick around and take part. If you're looking for agreement rather than opinions, this may not be the place for you. We will ask for proof, and more unusual claims require more evidence. Most people here are very open to the idea of whatever you care to name as long as you can provide compelling evidence, and we tend to have pretty high standards for "compelling."

• Like 1

Toast is correct...people are the 'problem' not an innocent dog. I do think the OP should find another owner for the dog though. IMO this group of people aren't stable enough to have a dog around them in the first place.

• Like 4