Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing 411

Phaeton80

He presents a lot of information but does a pretty decent job of not constantly saying Bigfoot is eating people. So how is finding a dead body contradictory to there being a unknown primate in the woods?

If not finding a person - "lends support to the idea that an animal, such as the Sasquatch, could very well live in these regions and remain uncatagorized even to this present day", - then finding a person should do the opposite.

\Can't have it both ways.

If not finding a person - "lends support to the idea that an animal, such as the Sasquatch, could very well live in these regions and remain uncatagorized even to this present day", - then finding a person should do the opposite.

\Can't have it both ways.

The correlation is throwing me off. So since we are able to sometimes if rather "lucky" and find a dead/missing person in the woods then that destroys/damages the argument for a primate to be hidden away?

Humans usually try to be found and head for elevation or water sources or trails in the hopes of being rescued(if lost or injured) which makes it somewhat easier to locate them.

I understand your side of the discussion I'm just not sure that it correlates so black and whitely to one another.

P.s for the record just because we don't find a body doesn't infer that there is a Sasquatch population roaming the woods either.

P.s for the record just because we don't find a body doesn't infer that there is a Sasquatch population roaming the woods either.

I agree. It was that point that lead me to post what I did.

It annoys me when someone uses not being able to find someone as evidence that a population of bigfoot could avoid detection.

On the other side, when they find bodies (which they do) it takes away support that an 8 foot tall creature can avoid leaving any evidence of its existence.

Except for the fact that one would want to be found while the other wouldn't. Which makes one thing more likely to happen than the other.

I agree. It was that point that lead me to post what I did.

It annoys me when someone uses not being able to find someone as evidence that a population of bigfoot could avoid detection.

Good luck dealing with those feelings of annoyance. I'm sure it's a struggle.

• Like 1

Except for the fact that one would want to be found while the other wouldn't. Which makes one thing more likely to happen than the other.

Good luck dealing with those feelings of annoyance. I'm sure it's a struggle.

Good luck with the belief that a huge animal exists all over the planet but doesn't leave a trace.

There is also that strange case of Brandon Swanson.

The kid accidentally drove into a ditch near some woods on 14th May 2008 in Minnesota at 1.15am.

He called his parents so they could go look for him. He stated he was near Lynd. However he got confused and he was actually miles away from where he thought he was.

He spoke several times with his parents over the phone. He got tired of waiting at 2.17 am and said he was going to go to Lynd. During the last phone he said he was on a gravel road from Marshall to Lynd, and he mentioned he travels cross-country to arrive quicker. Later he mentioned he encountered two fence lines and that there was water nearby. At 3:10, a little later, he said he can see some lights and that he is heading for them, before he suddenly shouted "Oh ****!" and the phonecall end.

There's been no sign of him since and what the lights he saw were are a complete mystery. They weren't town lights.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

if these deaths and disappearances have a common cause outside of the conventional explanations, i doubt it would be a bigfoot or any animal really. assuming there is a true pattern, theres no way any animal would be able to hunt like this without leaving a sign of its presence. "it" doesnt behave like a normal predator either, though "it" does go after lots of children/elderly, "it" goes after healthy fit adults as well. "it" seems to have a high intelligence, and methods and patterns to collecting victims that seem almost ritualistic.

i dont think it could be humans either, again because it requires stealth, stamina, and almost impossible feats for humans to perform, much less get away with. unless it is something actively being covered up by a group of authorities, i doubt its humans.

so in my opinion it's either

1) disappearances with entirely conventional causes, many of which are extremely strange but not impossible. (with certain details being cherry-picked/exaggerated to sell books) some being deaths by exposure or injury, some attacks by known animals, some with people just getting lost, some murders, etc.

2) a combination of aforementioned conventional causes AND unconventional ones, including possible unknown animals, being responsible. 

3) something paranormal responsible for most of the cases, or aliens etc

#1 is most likely, while #3 is a pretty fantasical reach that has no support except for the fact that we dont understand how some of these cases occured. if paulides is being honest about the data, with minimal exaggeration etc, i think there is Something stranger going on though.. a lot of his cases arent that compelling but some really do defy easy explanation

3 minutes ago, .mantis said:

if these deaths and disappearances have a common cause outside of the conventional explanations, i doubt it would be a bigfoot or any animal really. assuming there is a true pattern, theres no way any animal would be able to hunt like this without leaving a sign of its presence. "it" doesnt behave like a normal predator either, though "it" does go after lots of children/elderly, "it" goes after healthy fit adults as well. "it" seems to have a high intelligence, and methods and patterns to collecting victims that seem almost ritualistic.

i dont think it could be humans either, again because it requires stealth, stamina, and almost impossible feats for humans to perform, much less get away with. unless it is something actively being covered up by a group of authorities, i doubt its humans.

so in my opinion it's either

1) disappearances with entirely conventional causes, many of which are extremely strange but not impossible. (with certain details being cherry-picked/exaggerated to sell books) some being deaths by exposure or injury, some attacks by known animals, some with people just getting lost, some murders, etc.

2) a combination of aforementioned conventional causes AND unconventional ones, including possible unknown animals, being responsible. 

3) something paranormal responsible for most of the cases, or aliens etc

#1 is most likely, while #3 is a pretty fantasical reach that has no support except for the fact that we dont understand how some of these cases occured. if paulides is being honest about the data, with minimal exaggeration etc, i think there is Something stranger going on though.. a lot of his cases arent that compelling but some really do defy easy explanation

I think the argument that Bigfoot is more human than animal , i.e neanderthal, has some merit and would address why some of the things which it is reported to have done show more intelligence than you would expect from an "animal".  I have heard several witnesses reference this recreation of BF when discussing their encounters: http://themandus.org/ 

With thousands of hours in the alaskan backcountry I can see how people can disappear all on their own without the aid of bigfoot or anything else. However the stories Paulides has shared definitely have some high strangeness to them. 

One of my favorite pet conspiracy theories i crafted is that national parks were created as reservations for bigfoot. Kinda like we did with the native americans. I dont really buy it , i mean I wouldnt argue for it but its fun to think about 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think the argument that Bigfoot is more human than animal , i.e neanderthal, has some merit and would address why some of the things which it is reported to have done show more intelligence than you would expect from an "animal".  I have heard several witnesses reference this recreation of BF when discussing their encounters: http://themandus.org/ 

With thousands of hours in the alaskan backcountry I can see how people can disappear all on their own without the aid of bigfoot or anything else. However the stories Paulides has shared definitely have some high strangeness to them. 

One of my favorite pet conspiracy theories i crafted is that national parks were created as reservations for bigfoot. Kinda like we did with the native americans. I dont really buy it , i mean I wouldnt argue for it but its fun to think about 

sure, but if it was bigfoot it would have to pull of some nearly impossible feats, pretty much taking people into thin air and leaving no trace of its presence on the people that are found. thats the main reason i doubt the bigfoot idea. even if it was extremely smart and stealthier than humans, i just dont think its feasible

Edited by .mantis
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM, .mantis said:

sure, but if it was bigfoot it would have to pull of some nearly impossible feats, pretty much taking people into thin air and leaving no trace of its presence on the people that are found. thats the main reason i doubt the bigfoot idea. even if it was extremely smart and stealthier than humans, i just dont think its feasible

Well some people do claim that Bigfoot is really aliens from outer space or from inside the hollow earth.

10 hours ago, Modochi said:

Well some people do claim that Bigfoot is really aliens from outer space or from inside the hollow earth.

In the language of my people, we call those people crazy.

• Like 4

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Podo said:

In the language of my people, we call those people crazy.

Which is what I had hope my comment would imply.

I don't believe in Big Foot or magical aliens kidnapped these missing people.  Still some of those cases really come as of completely farfetched. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2015 at 6:03 PM, Podo said:

So, I watched these. I think that these people died in weird ways, but there isn't really enough to go on to assume anything paranormal or cryptozoological. For example, James McGrogan sounds like classic hypothermia; gets lost, gets cold, starts to not think properly, clothes come off, then you die.

I just don't think there's much more to this.

But you have to keep the case in context with the others, in which case there is clearly something going on.

13 hours ago, Columbo said:

But you have to keep the case in context with the others, in which case there is clearly something going on.

Please do elaborate. How exactly do multiple single events tie them together?

Cheers,

Badeskov

We've grown so dependent on the comforts of civilization, being deprived of them for a shockingly brief period of time is enough to kill most people. Without food, water, warm clothing and shelter, no compass, no means to easily make a fire, no weapon for defense, people die in small patches of wilderness surrounded by civilization,  all the time. Calling places like Yellowstone and the Great Smoky Mountains "parks" lulls city folk into a false sense of security and one misstep away from disaster.

On ‎2‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:12 PM, Columbo said:

This sounds like confirmation bias.

I am desperate to read these books but it is a big effort to get your hands on one here in Australia

5 hours ago, Ozfactor said:

I am desperate to read these books but it is a big effort to get your hands on one here in Australia

Have you looked into a digital copy? Those are usually cheaper and easier to import.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning UM!

New Guy here. Lurked for a bit but decided to post after reading up on David Paulides and Missing 411.

First, let me start by saying this. Im of the “I want to Believe” side of the fence, however I’m skeptical in just about every Crypo video, book, or claim I have ever seen. Just too many hoaxers, and people that are looking to make a buck on an inquisitive minded folks…and of course the naïve as well. With that said, I personally don’t believe that there is a Bi-Pedal Ape living in NA.  

With that said, onto Paulides and missing 411. I haven’t read the books yet but that was only due to the fact that they are selling at some ridiculous price tags. I actually found one online for $2,500? Really? Anyway,  I have been listening to coast to coast, and all of the videos posted over the past week or so. Some of which have me fascinated. From similarities in cases, to the extraordinary distances bodies were recovered in relatively short amounts of time. Dogs not wanting to track. Etc etc. This to me is by far the best “Unexplained piece” I have come across to date.  Paulides a retired detective, now journalist and his team come with some serious credentials and put forth quite the investigation by gathering evidence using science, technology, law enforcement and social media. Their findings have been far better than any “Bigfoot” show out there.

Paulides himself is a believer, but doesn’t believe “bigfoot” is an Ape. He believes there is another race of human that is responsible for SOME of the Missing people. While this part is where I remain completely skeptical, why is nearly undeniable is the patterns, and or bizarre coincidences in many of the cases. Was really surprised that this thread only had 2 pages on it as it seems to be one of the more interesting investigations into the unknown.

Have to ask this of any UM members. Does anyone know how to buy the books at a realistic price?  

6 minutes ago, lion hound said:

Good morning UM!

New Guy here. Lurked for a bit but decided to post after reading up on David Paulides and Missing 411.

First, let me start by saying this. Im of the “I want to Believe” side of the fence, however I’m skeptical in just about every Crypo video, book, or claim I have ever seen. Just too many hoaxers, and people that are looking to make a buck on an inquisitive minded folks…and of course the naïve as well. With that said, I personally don’t believe that there is a Bi-Pedal Ape living in NA.  

With that said, onto Paulides and missing 411. I haven’t read the books yet but that was only due to the fact that they are selling at some ridiculous price tags. I actually found one online for $2,500? Really? Anyway,  I have been listening to coast to coast, and all of the videos posted over the past week or so. Some of which have me fascinated. From similarities in cases, to the extraordinary distances bodies were recovered in relatively short amounts of time. Dogs not wanting to track. Etc etc. This to me is by far the best “Unexplained piece” I have come across to date.  Paulides a retired detective, now journalist and his team come with some serious credentials and put forth quite the investigation by gathering evidence using science, technology, law enforcement and social media. Their findings have been far better than any “Bigfoot” show out there.

Paulides himself is a believer, but doesn’t believe “bigfoot” is an Ape. He believes there is another race of human that is responsible for SOME of the Missing people. While this part is where I remain completely skeptical, why is nearly undeniable is the patterns, and or bizarre coincidences in many of the cases. Was really surprised that this thread only had 2 pages on it as it seems to be one of the more interesting investigations into the unknown.

Have to ask this of any UM members. Does anyone know how to buy the books at a realistic price?  

Welcome to the pages.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=David+Paulides&sts=t&tn=Missing+411

Anyone remember the movie deliverance? Mix that with our current park system and the hills have eyes breeding pool over who knows how long? Just saying, they could be out there, maybe even really hairy!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't a new phenomenon. For those of you that have only watched the videos or heard radio interviews with David Paulides I strongly recommend reading all of the books. 

My guess, based on the data, is that fairies are abducting or waylaying these people, as crazy as that sounds.

6 hours ago, Chris Stagner said:

My guess, based on the data, is that fairies are abducting or waylaying these people, as crazy as that sounds.

I believe, that's just another fairy tale.