Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do we forget our dreams ?

UM-Bot

I find this fascinating. I can never remember my dreams! And, I know I've had a dream so it's rather annoying not to be able to remember what they were about. Thanks for this. :tu:

Edit to add: Love the subtle references to the band REM. LOL!

Edited by She-ra

Sometimes I will fall asleep on the couch with the tv on and have dreams of what's on the tube.

I guess I hear the tv and it enters my subconscious while asleep and dream. A lot of my dreams

tend to be about things in my daily life like, work, family and old friends from days gone by.

I tend remember most of my but there a few I do not.

I always have a notebook and a pencil on my bed side table where I write down anything I can remember from dreams I had which are usually bits and bits or nothing at all. I feel like it's there in my head I just can't remember what was it about, it can be frustrating to try hard to remember, makes me want to fall back to sleep and re-dream the dream I had, hahaha! Which of course, never happens.

Watching that video, some things make sense to me now, like sometimes after watching a movie or episodes and episode of a tv series and I go to sleep right after, I remember dreaming a situation the same as the ones I just obssesively watched but I can't remember what it was exactly, only obscure.

Sometimes, I dream of a tune, a rhythm, a melody. And sometimes I suddely wake up in the middle of the night and hum the melody and record it before I forgot even more. Then the next day I write a song. That, to me, is wonderful. But when I don't remember a dream, it's most vexing.

• Like 1

I always have a notebook and a pencil on my bed side table where I write down anything I can remember from dreams I had which are usually bits and bits or nothing at all. I feel like it's there in my head I just can't remember what was it about, it can be frustrating to try hard to remember, makes me want to fall back to sleep and re-dream the dream I had, hahaha! Which of course, never happens.

Watching that video, some things make sense to me now, like sometimes after watching a movie or episodes and episode of a tv series and I go to sleep right after, I remember dreaming a situation the same as the ones I just obssesively watched but I can't remember what it was exactly, only obscure.

Sometimes, I dream of a tune, a rhythm, a melody. And sometimes I suddely wake up in the middle of the night and hum the melody and record it before I forgot even more. Then the next day I write a song. That, to me, is wonderful. But when I don't remember a dream, it's most vexing.

Interesting I used keep what you would call a dream journal.