Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Podo

Martial Arts!

1,812 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Wasn't trying to be a dick bud lol..

No worries man I just wanted your take since I didnt catch the first half. 

Glad GGG kept his belts, that was a helluva fight and I cant wait for the rematch. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/17/2017 at 4:55 AM, Farmer77 said:

No worries man I just wanted your take since I didnt catch the first half. 

Glad GGG kept his belts, that was a helluva fight and I cant wait for the rematch. 

Funny enough Canelo,his team,and Oscar don't seem so eager for a rematch...going as far as to just ignore talking about it :lol:

Cotto said before the fight he wanted the winner as his last fight,seeing as how he absolutely did everything in his power to avoid a GGG fight in years past...after watching the guy who beat him not long ago get shaken around the ring,i don't think he wants GGG!

I could see Canelo avoiding the GGG rematch and fighting the guy he already actually beat...try and let GGG age another year or 2 and then demand a rematch.

Havn't found a single person who thought it was even a draw,calls for Byrds ability to judge fights to be revoked are growing and this isn't the first time.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R.I.P. Jake "The Raging Bull" LaMotta

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adelaide Byrd suspended from judging duties after last saturdays GGG vs Canelo fight...big suprise!

Bet most big names refuse to fight on a card she judges when reinstated in the future ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 9/17/2017 at 4:44 AM, CrimsonKing said:

Dude i started fighting when i was 9,i have have fought in a cage or a ring over 90 times and have been a trainer for the past 5 years...

For whatever reason you remind me of Crazy Horse haha maybe not a good comparison but hey I wouldn't mess with the guy.

Joking aside from your experience do you think you started out too young? It seems young but on the flipside if you're ('you' referring to kids in general) going to do this the rest of your life I suppose it's best to start young so you can hardwire what to do and avoid injury. Also I think for a male it's really mentally healthy to have confidence in yourself physically (it's not the physical prowess that gives the healthy mentality but purging the fear of conflict is, so that you're devoid of said fear) . I don't have kids but I'm at that age and have thought about what good activities I could introduce the kid to to keep him/her out of trouble. Doing something like this or pop warner would be great.

Oh and wanted yalls opinion on this: Do yall remember a couple years back during an ammy MMA fight when the guy who was winning tapped out? The guy who was winning was teeing off on the other dude at will when he stepped back beyond stricking distance and tapped the mat. When asked about it he said (more or less), "we're not getting paid for this so there's no sense in him getting hurt." It was regarded as sportsmanship at its finest.... But what do yall think of it? I'm mixed because think from the other guys' perspective, who knows what's going through his mind? He himself could quit anytime he wanted and he even had the 'wtf?!' look after the tap. Let the man try the Rocky strategy if he wants. 

Here's the video:

 

Edited by internetperson
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, internetperson said:

For whatever reason you remind me of Crazy Horse haha maybe not a good comparison but hey I wouldn't mess with the guy.

Joking aside from your experience do you think you started out too young? It seems young but on the flipside if you're ('you' referring to kids in general) going to do this the rest of your life I suppose it's best to start young so you can hardwire what to do and avoid injury. Also I think for a male it's really mentally healthy to have confidence in yourself physically (it's not the physical prowess that gives the healthy mentality but purging the fear of conflict is, so that you're devoid of said fear) . I don't have kids but I'm at that age and have thought about what good activities I could introduce the kid to to keep him/her out of trouble. Doing something like this or pop warner would be great.

Oh and wanted yalls opinion on this: Do yall remember a couple years back during an ammy MMA fight when the guy who was winning tapped out? The guy who was winning was teeing off on the other dude at will when he stepped back beyond stricking distance and tapped the mat. When asked about it he said (more or less), "we're not getting paid for this so there's no sense in him getting hurt." It was regarded as sportsmanship at its finest.... But what do yall think of it? I'm mixed because think from the other guys' perspective, who knows what's going through his mind? He himself could quit anytime he wanted and he even had the 'wtf?!' look after the tap. Let the man try the Rocky strategy if he wants. 

Here's the video:

 

:lol: i liked Crazy Horse and he would have likely been a legend if he would have taken things more seriously...

Nah man it's like any other sport,the sooner you start learning as you said it gets "hardwired...i also agree,i think it would be good to have a pop warner type sport and as many states already implement head gear,shin pads,ect. for ammy fights i think it could be done safely.Even if one had no plans of ever making a living doing so it would be great for self confidence,and teach one early about self defense.Some still think karate does that but i completely disagree,i've seen far too many karate kids get the crap kicked out of them to know it is just a waste of money and false confidence!...Granted i'm speaking of "westernized" straight from the 80's type karate dojos.

There is still ammy boxing but our society is moving in the no violence and everyone gets a trophy type direction...my honest opinion is that is not a healthy way to go and long term western society will pay for this "enlightened" way we are headed.

As for the guy tapping...yeah ammy's don't get paid and it is a sport but holy hell i could NEVER do that lol!

I always viewed it as nap,tap,or snap and that meant for myself aswell!...you also have a ref and corner men who are capable of stopping the fight if the fighter himself is to damaged to recognize on his own,if the dude felt it was right that is his call and i wont tear into him about it but if one of my fighters pulled that s*** in a fight their ass would be finding a new gym immediatly afterward! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Some still think karate does that but i completely disagree,i've seen far too many karate kids get the crap kicked out of them to know it is just a waste of money and false confidence!...Granted i'm speaking of "westernized" straight from the 80's type karate dojos

Yeah you're right, TKD is the same way. I don't necessarily think it's the system so much as the training, meaning they over emphasize tradition and also hardly ever spar. 

Sticking to tradition drives me up the wall more than the lack of sparring. What I've seen from this is that you're taught techniques that are useless (chicken wing and the similar one where you have to catch a punch) unless you can go into the Matrix or you train a certain way and are discouraged from deviating from that method of training because some guys name you can't pronounce from 100 years ago who was 'legendary' always trained that way. 

Oh and yeah their sparring is shoddy. I think if a black belt in TKD or karate were to read this they'd say I'm full of it. But sparring intensity varies with techniques. Since karate has a long distance finding your range is even more sketchy and takes forever. So if you rarely spar and this is what youre familiar with you're going to be screwed when someone closes the distance in half a second and your backpedaling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2017 at 2:32 PM, CrimsonKing said:

:lol: i liked Crazy Horse and he would have likely been a legend if he would have taken things more seriously...

Nah man it's like any other sport,the sooner you start learning as you said it gets "hardwired...i also agree,i think it would be good to have a pop warner type sport and as many states already implement head gear,shin pads,ect. for ammy fights i think it could be done safely.Even if one had no plans of ever making a living doing so it would be great for self confidence,and teach one early about self defense.Some still think karate does that but i completely disagree,i've seen far too many karate kids get the crap kicked out of them to know it is just a waste of money and false confidence!...Granted i'm speaking of "westernized" straight from the 80's type karate dojos.

There is still ammy boxing but our society is moving in the no violence and everyone gets a trophy type direction...my honest opinion is that is not a healthy way to go and long term western society will pay for this "enlightened" way we are headed.

As for the guy tapping...yeah ammy's don't get paid and it is a sport but holy hell i could NEVER do that lol!

I always viewed it as nap,tap,or snap and that meant for myself aswell!...you also have a ref and corner men who are capable of stopping the fight if the fighter himself is to damaged to recognize on his own,if the dude felt it was right that is his call and i wont tear into him about it but if one of my fighters pulled that s*** in a fight their ass would be finding a new gym immediatly afterward! ;)

I get what your saying...but...after you have beat the crap out of someone and there isn't a belt on the line...aren't you just going through the motions by continuing the fight?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joc said:

I get what your saying...but...after you have beat the crap out of someone and there isn't a belt on the line...aren't you just going through the motions by continuing the fight?  

Going undefeated in combat sports is almost unheard of 98% of all fighters who have 20+ fights will suffer a loss and it's not the end of the world,but surrender is unacceptable for no reason...the guy getting his but kicked didn't want to lose no matter how outclassed he was.

That's why the vid was news in the first place...fighters are a different breed and "quit" isn't in our dna!...

A loss even just as an ammy can screw your chances up for fighting on a bigger card if you just quit...

The guy should have "made" him quit,put him in a choke hold or submission and made him tap if he didn't want to punish him anymore.

NEVER QUIT FOR NO REASON!!!

My caps aren't yelling it's just that important,if one can find reason to just quit once they can always find another reason to do so!

If punishing someone is too much then become an instructor...

"Those who can do,those who can't teach" ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Going undefeated in combat sports is almost unheard of 98% of all fighters who have 20+ fights will suffer a loss and it's not the end of the world,but surrender is unacceptable for no reason...the guy getting his but kicked didn't want to lose no matter how outclassed he was.

That's why the vid was news in the first place...fighters are a different breed and "quit" isn't in our dna!...

A loss even just as an ammy can screw your chances up for fighting on a bigger card if you just quit...

The guy should have "made" him quit,put him in a choke hold or submission and made him tap if he didn't want to punish him anymore.

NEVER QUIT FOR NO REASON!!!

My caps aren't yelling it's just that important,if one can find reason to just quit once they can always find another reason to do so!

If punishing someone is too much then become an instructor...

"Those who can do,those who can't teach" ;)

Yeah, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly!  For one thing...speaking to the guy who tapped out...Who the hell do you think you are?  You can't tap out for me!  How arrogant!  

If a guy is man enough to step into that arena....he knows what can happen...and it is a game he has played before and he know how to play it!  You can't tap out for someone else because you think you've already beaten them....and I'll tell you one other thing at play in that ring that is going to get that guy hurt eventually...Underestimating his opponent!  Don't ever, ever, underestimate your opponent.  

The only time I ever 'tapped out' was fighting a giant of a guy...who was way overweight....I'm faster...I have more skills....BAM!  ...guy came out of nowhere with a punch to my chest that hurt so bad...I couldn't even breath.  And it was because I underestimated him.

Tapping out for someone else is a sign of bad things to come...and it probably overlaps into other areas of his life as well.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joc said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly!  For one thing...speaking to the guy who tapped out...Who the hell do you think you are?  You can't tap out for me!  How arrogant!  

If a guy is man enough to step into that arena....he knows what can happen...and it is a game he has played before and he know how to play it!  You can't tap out for someone else because you think you've already beaten them....and I'll tell you one other thing at play in that ring that is going to get that guy hurt eventually...Underestimating his opponent!  Don't ever, ever, underestimate your opponent.  

The only time I ever 'tapped out' was fighting a giant of a guy...who was way overweight....I'm faster...I have more skills....BAM!  ...guy came out of nowhere with a punch to my chest that hurt so bad...I couldn't even breath.  And it was because I underestimated him.

Tapping out for someone else is a sign of bad things to come...and it probably overlaps into other areas of his life as well.

Yeah man,honestly if it was me and someone was kicking my backside and decided to tap out themselves to protect me...i would see that as a ultimate sign of disrespect rather than "sportsmanship"

My reasoning being that as you said one knows exactly what they are in for well before a match and the release forms one signs beforehand should be a final "warning" so to speak,and also all it takes to change a fight is ONE single punch!...That's why i said if a fighter has more pride than brains and is in serious risk of long term damage good refs (which aren't always around) but more importantly good cornermen know their fighters limits and can throw in the towel.

If someone tapped for me i would train my butt off and demand a rematch,that would infuriate me!...No shame in tapping out if the outcome is assured,but a situation like that i couldn't even imagine how the guy who "won" felt afterwards...

I also agree on underestimating ones foe and how the guy will/has had a carryover in other ways in his life....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Anthony Joshua reveals he plans to fight Tyson Fury in 2018: 'Me and him will get down and dirty real soon'

    Tyson Fury revealed last week that he will return to the ring next year
    Anthony Joshua confirmed on Wednesday he will be one of his opponents
    The heavyweight champion is preparing to fight Carlos Takam later this month


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4992608/Anthony-Joshua-confirms-fight-Tyson-Fury-2018.html#ixzz4vs0tb8mr


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.