Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

It's 10 I think. I took a screen shot but forgot to send it to myself

46 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

53 Platinums.

Just saying.

B)

Dang guys. 10 is a lot but 23? Holy smokes. I've read that the system isn't based on X number of trophies equals a level. You need more and more trophies to acquire the next level as you progress.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Dang guys. 10 is a lot but 23? Holy smokes. I've read that the system isn't based on X number of trophies equals a level. You need more and more trophies to acquire the next level as you progress.

Yeah, my brother is like 24 or 25 and has at least 1000 more trophies than i do.

Mine is across ps3 and ps4, some vita. Ive been with ps3 since it came out, and with all the plus games, etc... adds up over time.

I kind of hate how much of a trophy whore ive become. I stated going back to some games that ive already platinumed just to play for fun. Darks Souls, Bloodborne, etc. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Yeah, my brother is like 24 or 25 and has at least 1000 more trophies than i do.

Mine is across ps3 and ps4, some vita. Ive been with ps3 since it came out, and with all the plus games, etc... adds up over time.

I kind of hate how much of a trophy whore ive become. I stated going back to some games that ive already platinumed just to play for fun. Darks Souls, Bloodborne, etc. 

I guess I'd be up there too if I actually hunted for trophies. I do love when the trophy notification pops up during a game but I've always found them pretty unrewarding. I've always wished there were a useful point system attached that you could spend points on even if it was only for small things like avatars and themes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

I guess I'd be up there too if I actually hunted for trophies. I do love when the trophy notification pops up during a game but I've always found them pretty unrewarding. I've always wished there were a useful point system attached that you could spend points on even if it was only for small things like avatars and themes.

My brother and i got into a platinum competition a few years ago. It's how our numbers got so high. He'd buy a game and plat it, then loan it to me and i'd do the same, then he'd sell it towards another. Or i'd buy the game and plat it, etc

There have been a few times when sony has run promotions where you can bid on items using your trophies for entries. Props from games, various collectibles, etc. Its been a while since they've done one of those, though. I was kind of neat. It would be nice if you could use them for avatars, themes, etc. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

I do love when the trophy notification pops up during a game

Me too lol

PlayStation sends an email yearly to anyone who has Platinum on Bloodborne which is kind of cool

• Like 3

I... have a bunch of platinum trophies in time splitters 2! that's... that's something, right?

10 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Me too lol

PlayStation sends an email yearly to anyone who has Platinum on Bloodborne which is kind of cool

You get a free theme for Plat horizon zero dawn.

I think having platinum in all the souls games, demons, dark, dark 2 ps3 and ps4, dark 3, and bloodborne, are some of my favorite gaming accomplishments. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

so i... uh, made a spending choice and i now have a ps4. so, if you want you people can be my friends. you seem ok. if you want to i mean. you don't have to!

you can send me a message on here and i will tell you my username? i think that's how it can work? or is it safe enough to put it here?

• Like 3

^I've been trying to justify buying a PS4 but haven't been able to as of yet. Will get there eventually.

13 hours ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

so i... uh, made a spending choice and i now have a ps4. so, if you want you people can be my friends. you seem ok. if you want to i mean. you don't have to!

you can send me a message on here and i will tell you my username? i think that's how it can work? or is it safe enough to put it here?

Definitely do it by PM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, internetperson said:

^I've been trying to justify buying a PS4 but haven't been able to as of yet. Will get there eventually.

You're about to cross that zone where they announce the next gen consoles in a year or so and your not going to know what to do! Wait for that or jump in really late.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Definitely do it by PM.

yeah, in retrospect i should know that sort of thing by now. thank you!

so far all i've been doing is messing around with a couple of "free" games from the store. they are... games.

i have 20 dollars to spend on a game there.... and that's where it becomes difficult. choices. there are too many of them!

1 hour ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

yeah, in retrospect i should know that sort of thing by now. thank you!

so far all i've been doing is messing around with a couple of "free" games from the store. they are... games.

i have 20 dollars to spend on a game there.... and that's where it becomes difficult. choices. there are too many of them!

Subscribe to ps+. It's $50/year but it's the only way to play online games. It's worth it though. They give away 3 free games a month usually in the first week. Sometimes they're good sometimes they're not but they're free and you never know. Sometimes they're even retail shelf games not to mention the huge discounts they have all the time on lots of other games. I've had hours of fun gaming for free and have bought lots of games real cheap. Sometimes they'll have $60 games usually a year old at least but for $10+/-. Also they have a bunch of freemium games like DC universe online, Star Trek, and others that you can play a lot for nothing. Gaming doesn't have to be expensive on PS4.

• Like 3

What Fess said ^  The free PS+ games come out the first Tuesday of every month.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/31/ps-plus-free-games-for-june-2017/

Full lineup:

• Killing Floor 2, PS4
  • Life is Strange, PS4
  • Abyss Odyssey, PS3
  • WRC 5: World Rally Championship, PS3
  • Neon Chrome, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
  • Spy Chameleon, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)
  • Like 2

Wish i had time to play more games when i read this thread...but i have become an even bigger nerd...creating games of my own... so that takes up most of my spare time :-D 

• Like 3

I finished uncharted 4, never got back to Torment: Numenera and can't bear to finish hyperlight drifter.  

• 2 weeks later...

apparently my response to being sick with a cold on a rainy sunday is to play saints row all day. this... i'm ok with this

i did also take a couple walks and made some very nice vegetable soup

• Like 1

I'm still playing DOOM. I'd have probably beat it by now if I could play it in the daytime too. It's one of those dark lit games that you can't see crap on with the slightest amount of sunlight in the room.

Horizon zero dawn. It's super fun I recommend it to anyone who likes games like skyrim.

The map is massive and the story and lore is pretty good

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Horizon zero dawn. It's super fun I recommend it to anyone who likes games like skyrim.

The map is massive and the story and lore is pretty good

I think this will be the next game I buy, once I start playing PS4 again next week. 

• Like 2

I also have Horizon Zero Dawn waiting for me, just working on finishing P5 NG+

• Like 1

I am alternating between Friday the 13th and The Walking Dead Season 3. 

• Like 1

nothing... absolutely nothing in games has any gravity for me right now.

nothing on the wishlist, nothing on the hard drives... nothing from the old systems...

guess it's time to take a walk, or go sit... or get a new sketchbook.  Games are just dead right now.

35 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I am alternating between Friday the 13th and The Walking Dead Season 3. 

How is that Friday the 13th?

28 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

nothing... absolutely nothing in games has any gravity for me right now.

nothing on the wishlist, nothing on the hard drives... nothing from the old systems...

guess it's time to take a walk, or go sit... or get a new sketchbook.  Games are just dead right now.

I've been there before. Just don't feel it for a long time then somehow I get back into it and realize there is no shortage of good games out there.