Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychokinesis

UM-Bot

Kathleen Meadows: Psychokinesis (PK) describes the ability to move objects using only the force of our mind. It profoundly challenges our notion of what we are capable of. Does our mind really have that kind of power? If you’ve never seen it performed, it certainly must seem unlikely. But it has been done and in the presence of credible witnesses. Normally, these psychic, spontaneous movements of objects happen during events of intense need and crisis. Most have heard or read the story about a person who has, with superhuman strength, lifted a car off someone or performed some incredible feat in a need to save someone’s life.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

That is intriguing, but there has yet been any scientific research that proves that anyone is able to psychokinetically push any objects around. If there is, then it would be a secret government project. There are no real videos of confirmed psychokinetic ability and film's been around for over 100 years! You'd think they would've filmed something in all that time!

But it has been done and in the presence of credible witnesses.

What exactly does Kathleen mean by credible witnesses, and why does their credibility give any clue on how easy they are to fool? There are many documented examples of very erudite professionals getting suckered... Ms Meadows needs to name names..

Has anyone here ever watched a good live magic show, and been able to work out every single one of the tricks? If so, I'd suggest you need to go to a *decent* magician... maybe watch some of the Penn and Teller shows, or even Derren Brown..

Adrenalin effects and superhuman strength are another matter altogether.

As for:

Most people have experienced odd incidences involving technology or electricity whereby a light switches on or off as they walk by.

No, there are simply a few who make that claim, and it is never documented. Why is that, do you think? As for street lights, yes, that does (sort of) happen, and that has been explained elsewhere (by yours truly and others) on threads here. No psychokinetics involved.

In the scientifically documented cases, several pertinent factors were revealed

Woah there. I note that this, like everything in the article, is uncited. WHICH 'scientific' cases were these? Please start with the very best example, Ms Meadows.... It seems very, very VERY odd that you haven't cited them or even given names.

Actually, I think we all know why nothing was specific. It's not rocket science.... in fact it isn't science AT ALL.

Anyway, I'd LOVE to see the scientifically documented EMF fields and EEG readings, along with a good long hard look at how the test was done...

But something tells me I may be disappointed, or waiting until a well-known destination freezes over...

• Like 2