Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palaeontologists to dissect a dinosaur on TV

UM-Bot

A new documentary will see a team of experts build and then autopsy a life-size Tyrannosaurus replica.

There's only so much you can learn about a dinosaur by looking at its bones, so to help discover more about these prehistoric reptiles a new National Geographic documentary will be following the efforts of a team of palaeontologists as they put together a full scale replica of a Tyrannosaurus rex and then conduct an autopsy on it.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/281610/palaeontologists-to-dissect-a-dinosaur-on-tv

Oh good I was looking for a Watership Down style program to traumatize my young nephews with.

• Like 1

Cool, but not as cool as the dude who was eaten alive by a snake, wearing a special suit

I hope they have to pluck it first. Most likely these giants had feathers of some kind and were more bird-like than just some lumbering reptile.

It's a moot point whether or not they had feathers and kept them into adulthood.This program on the television looks worth the watch. :geek:

(sigh) Headline should read "Paleontologist and fans" -- not a team of paleontologists.

Yeah, I'm picky. But after reading "a few surprises" mentioned, I'm less than enamored of the idea. Picky, picky, picky.

It's a moot point whether or not they had feathers and kept them into adulthood.This program on the television looks worth the watch. :geek:

Why do you say that it's worth watching? The dino will be fake and built to someone's specifications. So the insides of the dino will be known before the autopsy, so what's the point!?spleen/heart "Oh, look at how (insert large/small/odd-shaped....) the liver /kidneys... are/is!"

SO they're going to build a fake dinosaur, fill it with fake guts, then dissect it and try and then be amazed at what they discover?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

If it doesn't have feathers, I will be extremely disappointed.

Lol autopsy a replica? At the end do they decide why the dinosaurs died or what the plastic is made of?