Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UM-Bot

The Shugborough Code

1 post in this topic

Leonard Farra: Shugborough was built in a river valley in Staffordshire , England, and it originally formed part of the estate of the Bishop of Lichfield. In 1624, William Anson, a local lawyer, purchased from the estate eight acres of land and a manor house. Shugborough was rebuilt in 1693 and it eventually came into the possession of the famous English navigator George Anson ( 1697-1762} who made his fortune from the capture of a Spanish treasure ship .He was later made Lord Anson and First Lord of the Admiralty. Between 1745 and 1748 Shugborough was transformed by the architect, astronomer, and garden designer Thomas Wright ( 1711-1776) who, many scholars believe, was responsible for the estate’s famous monument.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.